PDA

View Full Version : Thank you all.

Sandra H
11-22-2004, 01:27 PM
Dear Girls.

I do not want to become too heavy, but you, this site and dressing has saved my life. Let me explain. Some girls may know from some of my earlier post that my wife died in April this year. Now I am not going to get too soppy but she was a wonderful woman who not only knew about my other half “Sandra” but also understood and even helped me with buying cloths and we would share panties and tights when we were away on holidays etc.

Since her death I have been undergoing treatment for depression. Not only had I lost the only person in the world that I truly loved, but she was the only person who I could trust 100% and I knew no matter what I did or say she would always be their when I needed her. We were more than partners, we were soul mates. Well now with the heavy stuff out of the way, allow me to thank you girls and this site for your help over the past months.

Over these past months I have spent a lot of time on this site, reading the posts having a laugh with other girls etc. I have spent most of my free time dressed and this has given me a great deal of pleasure. Several times over these recent months I could have taken all the tablets my wife had left after her death and joined her. As silly as it sounds, dressing saved me more than once. You see, I have lots of cloths and although some or most could pass as having been my wife’s as we both are about the same size. My shoes are larger than hers. She took size 3 UK I take size 6 UK over here in the UK both men’s and women’s shoe size are more or less the same. So I can ask for a size 6 and know they will fit me.

Since we had no children I am alone and if anything should happen to me it will fall to one of my sisters to clean the flat out and since no body other than my late wife knows about my dressing I could not just take an overdose. But I will have to get ride of my cloths first and that would be just too much to ask. So when things got really tough I would get myself dressed, log on to this site and read the post. It is the friendliness and fun loving ways of you girls that has got me through. So a VERY BIG THANK YOU to you all.

Sorry for going on so much. If some of my posts have been a little silly or I have offended anybody then I am so sorry and I can only ask you to forgive me.

Thank you all once again.

clarissa3d
11-22-2004, 01:38 PM
Sandra first my sincere condolences for your wifes passing. I can say she will carry on in your heart for ever.
You are apart of our family and please jump in.

huggs

Jennifer_Ph
11-22-2004, 01:38 PM
It is amazing to me how close knit this site really is. Every day I read wonderful stories - some sad, some happy... but at the end of the day we've formed friendships and a support group that has more power than I think any of us actually realize.

I am glad to hear that you are healing, Sandra. Every day is a day of healing for you now, so you get a little better with every passing day. You're always going to miss your wife terribly, but with time, you will learn to live a normal life again.

Keep buying those shoes, and keep dressing as you please. There is only one person that counts in your life now; you. Take care of you. We'll all be here to help. But first and foremost, make sure you are taking care of yourself. It's all going to be okay.

JennyCD
11-22-2004, 01:40 PM
Sandra!!

That is such a heart touching story. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your love, I know how empty that must be for you. I really do feel for what you have been going through.

I understand the feelings of deep depression all too well and how "ending it all" can actually seem like the only way. Believe me, I've been there so I can tell you with certainty that is is not the way.

I am glad that you have found this place and it has helped you to work through the tough times you have had to deal with. We are here for you 100%.

You have a family right here who care about and love you. Don't worry about seeming silly or offending anyone, post what you need to post.

If you ever need to talk, please PM me or Yahoo, whatever, just do it. I'll be glad to listen.

Sharon
11-22-2004, 01:46 PM
Sandra,
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss! I too lost my wife, ten years last month, and I know how difficult it is to go through. Fortunately for me though, I had my children to help me through the worse times, and since the youngest was still in her teens, I needed to be strong also. I discovered that even "pretending" to be strong somehow helped me get through the deepest depressions.
Find someone to talk with, your sisters, a minister, a therapist, whoever to help you get things off your chest. Someone you can feel free to dry with if necessary.
You can open yourself up to others without divulging your secret if you want. Like you, I had only ever been open about myself with my wife, and it has remained so to this day.
If you ever want to just talk, go to my profile and feel free to e-mail me!
Love,
Sharon

Fiona K
11-22-2004, 02:48 PM
Sandra, Sharon,
I can't imagine your losses I feel for you both.
I'm glad this site is here, even if it helped only one of us it is important. But we know it helps all of us all ofhte time. I guess that's why I think of us all as family. I can't believe how much people care and can help when times are hard, it is a special place with so many special people.
Love
Fiona

Julie
11-22-2004, 05:32 PM
Sandra, sincere condolences for your loss. None of your posts have been silly, there is no need to apologise. This post of yours is another big step in your grieving, as has all ready been said if you need to say something, say it, we're here for you.

JJ