PDA

View Full Version : Gaining courage.

Jacklynne
06-14-2006, 12:06 AM
I know I dont post much and very few of you may even recognize me, but I still like sharing my achievments... I hope you girls dont mind!

I went to a Wal-Mart today to buy some new panties and socks. Usually I'm all red faced and making excuses. (Buying them for a girlfriend, etc) But today, I sat my butt down, tried on the socks (Very girly with pink toe/heel) and even asked the dressing room lady to try on some womens shirts (While holding the panties, mind you) It felt so great!

VeronicaMoonlit
06-14-2006, 12:50 AM
I went to a Wal-Mart today to buy some new panties and socks. Usually I'm all red faced and making excuses. (Buying them for a girlfriend, etc) But today, I sat my butt down, tries on the socks (Very girly with pink toe/heel) and even asked the dressing room lady to try on some womens shirts (While holding the panties, mind you) It felt so great!

<claps hands> C'mon everybody, clap.

Woo hoo, I'm going to say something silly and stereotypical in an ironic way:

you go girl. :-)

You should be proud of yourself.

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

crusadergirl
06-14-2006, 01:41 AM
Thats great you got some guts i'm proud of you.

I will try that one day

RachelDenise
06-14-2006, 04:50 AM
It's another step forward to your femside! Congratulations!!!:D

GabrielleS
06-14-2006, 09:04 AM
It's a lot of fun, right? ... been to Target and JC Penny and bought lots of goodies -- all fem, of course, though I haven't tried anything on in the store yet. I did hold up a skirt to check the waist, but that's the closest.

Anyway, that's wonderful....keep on going, girl and as Veronica said above, 'you go girl'!

Karren H
06-14-2006, 09:13 AM
That's got to make you feel wonderful plus some!! At-a-girl!!

Love Karren

Emily Ann Brown
06-14-2006, 10:26 AM
Way to go sis !!!!! Trying on heels in guy mode is your next assignment.....that's a rush for me.

Emily Ann

Sophia Rearen
06-14-2006, 11:42 AM

Veronica

:iagree: :^5:

Jennaie
06-14-2006, 12:03 PM

Veronica

I'm proud of both of you.:happy: JackLynne, it's not the easiest thing to do, to be who you are and not care what others think, even if it just making a purchase. I have backed out of it on several occasions when I just did not feel comfortable with the sales staff.

Veronica, it's wonderful to see you applaud such an act and recognize how big a step this was for her. :happy:

JasmineR
06-14-2006, 12:17 PM
Congratulations, I have also tried things on at places like Rave, Charlotte Russe, and Wet Seal. I also went to the stores in a skirt, while a guy the rest of the way. That was nerve racking.

Casey Morgan
06-14-2006, 03:01 PM
Good for you Jacklynne. And thanks for sharing. Each person who does that makes it a little easier for the rest of us to get there.

Emma England
06-14-2006, 03:06 PM
I have bought panties for about 10 years now, but still get a buzz.

I am considering trying and buying a skirt when I have some spare time in the school holidays.

The only thing to remember is not to worry about what others may think.

Jacklynne
06-14-2006, 03:13 PM
Way to go sis !!!!! Trying on heels in guy mode is your next assignment.....that's a rush for me.

Emily Ann

I would LOVE to take this assignment, but I wear a 17 womens. =( I can only find a few places on the net that sells these, much less an actual store. Maybe one day, though ^^

I did however mail the site that sells the heels I want asking what size in womens I wear, but thats easy =P

MsEva
06-14-2006, 03:26 PM
Good for you Jackylynn! Remember baby steps! By the way I LOVE your avatar! I am a Disney junkie and just love Tink!:happy:

fionasboots
06-14-2006, 03:27 PM
Wow, you've got more courage than me then!

I have bought everything (underwear, clothes, shoes, makeup etc) from stores (usually the likes of Asda - UK equivalent of Walmart) but I have NEVER had the guts to actually try anything on!

Julie Avery
06-14-2006, 03:35 PM
That's no small accomplishment, Jacklynne. A life, as understood by the one who lives it, is best measured by those little teacups. I was quite proud when I quit keeping my femme clothes segregated from my male clothes, which I think was an accomplishment similar to yours. Great post, and I wish you the best!

Doug

tekla west
06-14-2006, 03:45 PM
“When many little people take many little steps in many little places, they can change the world!” -- Barbara Rütting

I'm sure the house butterfly can tell you where the title quote comes from.

Miranda33
06-14-2006, 04:03 PM
Way to go honey wish I had the guts like that

sky0629
06-14-2006, 04:47 PM
Way to go, I've not gotten that far yet. I can buy but test fit is another story I'm still chicken
sky

Jacklynne
06-14-2006, 04:50 PM
It was basically... Pace, pace, take a breath and hold it, "Okay here goes nothing!" and bam! It just kinda happened.

Jenn2716
06-14-2006, 04:52 PM
Congrats. That shows a great deal of self confidence and self acceptance.

Good for you!

gennee
06-14-2006, 06:37 PM
We make all of us beam with pride. Congrats and best to you in the future.

Gennee

:Party: :Party2:

VeronicaMoonlit
06-14-2006, 08:49 PM
Veronica, it's wonderful to see you applaud such an act and recognize how big a step this was for her. :happy:

Well thanks, there's so many of these posts though that I don't post to them all. Hey, maybe we need a sticky for acts of bravery and courage to make it easier to woo hoo and do our dances of joy.

And shout outs to all the folk doing brave things.

Veronica

Kristen Kelly
06-14-2006, 08:59 PM
Way to go girl.
I have found I love the excitement when I push the bounderies, there is a rush when the heart gets to beating fast, and the senses become acute. What made me realize this the most was when I stopped reciving the stares from being read, and missed them.

Jannette H
06-14-2006, 09:05 PM
Congrats: It's kind of fun isn't it. I know the first time you ask for help for you is hard, you just sink. After that it's easier. Have fun:love:

Jannette H