PDA

View Full Version : Another one on the hormones...

AngelAshley
06-14-2006, 10:17 AM
Well actually I've been on estrogen for 2 weeks now, I started on the 31st May 2006. Also had my first Zoladex injection (ouch!) on the 8th June 2006.

So far, I've not noticed much at all. Except I've not been getting randomly horney at all... this used to be a huge problem for me but 'it' seems to have calmed down quite quickly after going on the hormones. However, I can still get aroused by things that turn me on and I can still reach 'breaking point'.

That's about it really, not a lot else to report... no noticeable physical changes, no aces or pains or changes in my skin just yet... I'm not entirely sure what to expect, but I know not to expect it for a while...

Is it optimistic of me to hope that I might have breasts in time for my holiday at the end of August?

CaptLex
06-14-2006, 10:21 AM
Congrats, Minaki . . . please keep us posted. I think the breasts are going to take a little more time than that, but there's nothing wrong with being optimistic. :happy:

Caitlintgsd
06-14-2006, 12:24 PM
Unfortunately it can take a couple of years for breasts to fully develop. Same growth after a couple of months isn't unusual though. Everybody's different.

Natalie x
06-15-2006, 10:47 AM
Wouldn't it be great if you could just wake up the next day and find that the HRT had completely converted you into a woman?

Unfortunately, like the others have said, it will most likely take at least a couple of months before you get anything noticable happening in the boobie department, maybe even longer before there are any other changes. When it starts happening, you will probably find your nipples becoming tender and starting to push out a little. You will also start to feel aches in various parts of your body, as though you've been doing unaccustomed exercise. I didn't find any of it unpleasant, on the contrary.

I don't know anything about Zoladex. My programme was Estradiol and Spironolactone, taken at dosages about half the maximum TG rate. It's now about six months since I started; I have a nice little pair of tits, some very slight general feminisation, a much more feminine personality and no sex drive at all (and that's fine by me, it used to get in the way of life anyway!). Are you doing this on your own, or under medical supervision?

Good luck with your "software" development :heehee: . Keep us posted.

pattyme
06-15-2006, 09:47 PM
I have low or no testoserone and face hormone theropy. I won't take terstosterone. Has anyone had this situtation and taken estrogen theropy instead?

Patty

Cure the obviouse.

Nyx
06-17-2006, 07:39 AM
You should start to see noticeable changes after 2-3 months. At what point you will start to feel the breast growth (it tickles and it's painful if you press on them). The small bulge will also be visible. When it started for me, I started to be physically more aware of that region... Because trust me, when your breast are growing, accidentally hitting any object on your chest is not going to feel good.

Smoother skin comes rather quickly though (6 weeks?).

Just out of curiosity, how much do your injections cost?

Natasha Anne
06-17-2006, 10:17 AM
I think we need to be careful not to set the wrong expectations. I know in my case I was nervous because I was not experiencing what others were. Every person reacts differently to hormones.

My breasts started to get painful bumps under the skind about 2-3 months into hormones, but I can say that my physical appearanced had changed at all noticeably.

Nyx, I liked reading your comment about the itching. That only started last month (10 months in!), and I thought it might be an indicator of something. So it was nice for me to read. It acted like confirmation for me.

Development is also very dependent on your dosages, but always remember that even if you're on a low dosage your development will be the same. It will just take longer. There are many studies to back my comment up. Lower dosages are safer, unless of course you snap as your patience wears out!

AngelAshley
06-19-2006, 05:48 AM
Yes of course I'm under medical supervision :) I'm not dumb enough to do it all on my own... heh.

The Zolodex injections are free, since I'm getting it all done on the NHS. I do have to pay for my hormones though since it's a prescription, but that's only £6.50ish each time, at the moment I get 3 months supply for that but apparently I'll get more as I progress.

Still no noticeable changes yet, but it hasn't really been very long :(
I'm way too impaitent, I want boobs! I'm tired of wearing t-shirts all the time instead of low cut tops! Grrr.

Natasha Anne
06-19-2006, 09:42 AM
I'm way too impaitent, I want boobs! I'm tired of wearing t-shirts all the time instead of low cut tops! Grrr.

I so agree with you. I wish they'd move it along a little and just grow to a decent B overnight!

Caitlintgsd
06-19-2006, 11:18 AM
.....Just out of curiosity, how much do your injections cost?

My estradiol is just over $80 for 15ml.

Harriet
06-19-2006, 10:27 PM
"Except I've not been getting randomly horney at all..."

This alone would be worth taking hormones. I'm thinking about having a surgical procedure -------------

Rachel_740
06-20-2006, 11:23 AM
Well actually I've been on estrogen for 2 weeks now, I started on the 31st May 2006. Also had my first Zoladex injection (ouch!) on the 8th June 2006.

I had my last Zoladex on the 31st May 2006, and NOT ouch :) . I've always been given a local when they've done my Zoladex - ask for one next time.

Is it optimistic of me to hope that I might have breasts in time for my holiday at the end of August?

Far too optimistic. Come back in about 6 months and you should have a little growth. I've been on hormones for about 18 months and I've got 'adequate' growth (for me). I'm not huge, but I've got enough for me. If they grow a bit more then that's good but if they don't I'm still happy with what I have.

Wouldn't it be great if you could just wake up the next day and find that the HRT had completely converted you into a woman?

I will wake up fully converted to a woman Nat, next Tuesday :) and I really can't wait.

Rach
xxx

AngelAshley
06-26-2006, 05:20 AM
Ok I've been on these things for 4 weeks now and still no change whatsoever. Not even any loss of libido, I've been hornier than ever!!

Can anyone tell me what the first thing I'm likely to notic will be? And any idea when?

I hate this waiting game -.-'''