PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Phyliss is at it again

Phyliss
06-14-2006, 05:40 PM
I stopped into the local mall today, for two reasons. First to pay off my Lane Bryant bill and second to stop at the Macy's cosmetic counter. What I wanted was some makeup for under my eyes to help lighten that area to cut down on "the bags"
About two weeks ago I had stopped in there to look for some foundation for myself. Something that I could wear everyday without notice. At the time, the wonderful ladies helped me with some nice stuff from Clinique called Almost Makeup in a parfait color that blends with me quite nicely. Today I saw one of the same ladies, and I asked her about what I was looking for. She asked me to sit down and she began applying some cover up so that my eyes looked better. They did. I was about to just buy this and be on my way when for some reason I asked about a decent eye liner that she could recommend. Before I realized what I was saying I ended up "spilling the beans" about me and CDing. Well,...that's all it took for her to say' "Stay where you are, you're not leaving my chair until you're perfect" With that she began doing my eyes, brows, lashes, lids, came up with a bit heavier foundation for shadow cover and a bronzer to soften it a bit then on to my lips with a liner and a wonderful lipstick.
God, I wish I had my wig with me. As she went about her make over on me we talked about the whys, and hows, and where I keep everything, and "does she know?" and all of the questions that could be asked. Even got into a discussion of underthings and what I like. I mentioned that I was wearing a bra at the time. She stood back and stared trying to see any telltale strap lines. Not seeing anything she asked if she could feel for it. "Go ahead" I said and she put her hand on my shoulder, feeling the strap. She asked me what color it was and I told her because I was wearing a tan shirt, I had on a cafe colored one. "Good taste, I would have thought you'd say white." My reply was "Always blend into the crowd" (Learned that here, thanks everyone)
More than the discussion of our intimate apparel, was the fact that she completely accepted me for what I did without any reservations. That and the fact there wasn't any comment from anyone else about what was happening. Except from the cosmetic manager who said that I looked good, and that I was in good hands, because E..... was about the best person they had at the time. As other customers walked by, not a single one bothered to look my way. at least none that I could notice. Perhaps when they got around the corner they laughed until their sides hurt, but I never received any comment or second glance.
How I so hated the idea of having to remove all her hard work, but as with anything there is always an end to the fun. She was so happy with the results that she asked me if I was in a hurry to leave. Not being in a great rush I said no. "OK let me put together your order and clean up the counter and then I'll remove your make up, just so you can enjoy it a bit longer." Really considerate of her. Just sat there in the chair and loved looking at myself. While sitting there three teenage girls came by to have some makeup work done. The other lady there helped them. The kids were standing not but four feet away from me. Not a word form any of them about, look at the old geezer in full makeup. Knowing they wanted to say something I broke the ice. "When you go to the club at night, and the next morning when the lights are turned on to clean up this is what it looks like when you see my makeup removed." At that they laughed and I could sense that they felt more at ease.
Now, I learned loads of information and I just hope I can remember it all. One thing I did learn was,.......warpaint is EXPENSIVE!!!!!
When she hit the total button on the register, my plastic didn't melt but I could feel it get real soft. Wowza what a bite. But,...if you want to look good, (or as good as could be expected) then you need good products to work with.

So,.....what I had though of as just a simple shopping trip turned out to be something completely unexpected but wonderful.

I still don't know what caused me to "out" myself to her but, by golly I'm glad I did.

sky0629
06-14-2006, 06:12 PM
Great storie I enjoyed it very much. I know you had a good time. glad you got someone to deal with on new products now.
sky

Joanie
06-14-2006, 06:15 PM
Thanks for sharing that lovely story! I love makeover stories. You must have instinctively known she was OK to go all the way with makeup!

I have never plopped at the counter except once, in a Merle Norman late on a Friday afternoon when it was empty. Have had private makeovers in the back of their stores during busy hours but you just can't beat sitting out in the store where you can see the products. Many happy makeovers to come!

Deidra Cowen
06-14-2006, 07:43 PM
A very cool story that I enjoyed reading! Too bad indeed u did not have your wig and could have left with the makeup on. :thumbsup:

paulaN
06-14-2006, 08:20 PM
great story, it is to bad you didn't have your wig. I would love a make over but I would have to be some place a little more private than in the middle of a busy store. cudo's to you for doing it. way to go girl.

VeronicaMoonlit
06-14-2006, 08:55 PM
Now, I learned loads of information and I just hope I can remember it all. One thing I did learn was,.......warpaint is EXPENSIVE!!!!!

It can be. With some searching and luck you can find drugstore equivalents to the department store products and save some money.

So,.....what I had though of as just a simple shopping trip turned out to be something completely unexpected but wonderful.

I still don't know what caused me to "out" myself to her but, by golly I'm glad I did.

Woo hoo! Happy Dance!

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

KateW
06-14-2006, 09:45 PM
I really enjoyed reading that - thanks for sharing!

Phyliss
06-15-2006, 06:02 AM
Joanie,
I didn't kinda "just know" that she'd be accepting, actually it was the other way around.
When I first went in to find a light foundation that I could wear every day, I sorta said that I need something to make my face look better but since I work in construction I didn't want any questions asked. The other lady , Je...., by name assisted me and got me what I wanted. It seems that E..... overheard our conversation and jokingly said that her color lipstick would look good on me. I laughed and commented that if she wanted to try it then to "go ahead" . It turned out that she got busy with another customer and the subject was dropped.
So when I was in there this time and while we were talking, she mentioned that she had her suspicion then but didn't want to say anything until I mentioned it first.
So,....I guess I was "clocked" while I was in my "guy work clothes" That's sorta funny in it's own way.

Anyhow,....it was a really great time. and thanks to everyone for helping me understand myself and be a bit braver.

Having been in the military for 20 years I've seen and done things that would make the average guy "think" but when it comes to putting on a dress I wither in fright, go figure.

Joy Carter
06-15-2006, 07:06 AM
Joanie,

Having been in the military for 20 years I've seen and done things that would make the average guy "think" but when it comes to putting on a dress I wither in fright, go figure.

Wow can I relate to that statement Phillis I'm a retired police officer and many of the perps I delt with would be shocked (or laugh) if they knew.:o