PDA

View Full Version : Bra straps

flicka
11-22-2004, 05:20 PM
Recently I bought my first bras. The straps keep falling down. A shoelace tied across isn't satisfactory, and I don't want to build up my shoulder muscles. What solutions have you girls?

DonnaT
11-22-2004, 05:31 PM
You could try spirit gum under the strap.

Also, they make straps that go betwen the straps.

http://www.biggerbras.com/productpics/fsf/fsfstrapmate.jpg

These thing loop around the bra straps. I had a better idea (I think) and that is to sew a couple of hooks (bra hooks) to a thin elastic strap and a couple of hook eyes to the bra straps. that way is won't slide down the bra straps, and will be less revealing under a top.

Robertacd
11-22-2004, 07:11 PM
Recently I bought my first bras. The straps keep falling down. A shoelace tied across isn't satisfactory, and I don't want to build up my shoulder muscles. What solutions have you girls?

You are wearing the wrong size bra. Visit some of the popular bra manufacturers websites and read about proper bra fitting. You should never have to use a string or that other thing to keep the straps up.

Symptom: Straps keep falling off shoulders.

Problem: If tightening the strap is not working, the problem could be that your cup size is too big. You're not filling out the top of your cup and this is causing your straps to slide down your shoulders. The bra style could also be the problem. Wide-set straps are very popular. However, if you have small or sloping shoulders, this style is not for you.

Solution: Try a bra with a smaller cup size or a different style bra. Racer-back bras are a great solution for falling straps.

Georgette
11-22-2004, 08:04 PM
Why not try it stays the body glue it helped us at my Daughters wedding for the strapless bras. One thing when using it make sure you don't work up too much of a sweat it is water soluble.

JennyCD
11-22-2004, 08:26 PM
Sounds to me like you just have the wrong size.

Georgette
11-22-2004, 09:11 PM
Jenny my how you have changed I was only gone long enough to take a shower and Veet my legs and you have aged considerably. Are we that hard on you.LOL

JennyCD
11-22-2004, 09:17 PM
It fits my mood tonight

Georgette
11-22-2004, 10:14 PM
Hate to see you in a bad mood

Felicity
11-22-2004, 10:36 PM
I personally prefer strapless longline bras, also known as a corset bra. They cover more chest area so you have no tight pinching, or sprap lines showing through clothing. Try something like the Goddess #689 or #690. I have the #689 which is lacy, the 690 smoother. Pic of 690:

Felicity
11-22-2004, 10:46 PM
Now I haven't yet, but I would like to try the Victoria's Secret Seamless Bustier, but at $78, I haven't checked it out yet. If anyone has, please let me know.

racquel
11-23-2004, 12:50 AM
felicity,just saw your photo in your bustier.you are smoking.

flicka
11-23-2004, 01:06 PM
Thanks girls, it's nice to have your sisterly advice. I think it will have to be the sticky pieces, or the back strap idea. I don't think it is the size, as I have the same problem with long slips, nighties etc. of which I have sizes above and below my 14. I guess I am a problem shape!

Felicity
11-23-2004, 06:39 PM
Lol... that's not me, that's from the Victoria's Secrets web site....

crispy
11-23-2004, 11:05 PM
it's not the bra that's the wrong size, it's your breasts. :p

you have to grow your breasts until they are heavy and saggy enough to keep the bra straps in constant tension. simple structural engineering, my dear. :rolleyes: