PDA

View Full Version : Terms, Terms, Terms...clarification

Ranee Daze
06-15-2006, 09:25 AM
More than one of you is a little confused by my views, so I'll clear this all up.

THE CLOSET, and "stepping out", versus "coming out" .

I always "stepped out" as Ranee, but no one in those thirty years was ever able to connect my man-self with my femme-self. You can stay in the "closet" and still "step out". "Ranee Daze's Closet" is just a metaphor for "Ranee Daze's Secret".

I view the term "coming out" of the closet in the same way as gays, lesbians and bottle cap collectors do. To me, "coming out" of the closet means revealing to family, friends and the world at large that you are an active crossdresser, gay lesbian, or BCC.

Finally, REALITY ladies.....none of us will ever stop thinking about crossdressing, will we? Short of some kind of brain injury it will be with us forever, and that is not a bad thing at all. I am merely not physically crossdressing RIGHT NOW for very good reasons. Do I want Ranee to go away forever? Not at all, I really love her, but I have kept her my happy secret for thirty years in Ottawa and she will stay just in my mind only for as long as I choose. I've gone without dressing for as much as six months before. Will I let her loose again when I have a totally safe three days or so?
Perhaps...but my current situation with my kids and girlfriend won't give me an opening in the forseeable future. In short, I don't need the pantyhose and lipliner anymore to enjoy time with her.

Brave words, but a journey of a thousand kilometers starts with a single lunge.

P.S. I am really saving alot of money since I've made this decision! CD is really expensive!

Wish me well, don't pick holes, it's just soooo....catty!

GypsyKaren
06-15-2006, 09:31 AM
As long as you're happy with the road you're on, then I'm happy for you too.

Karen

Nikki Dee
06-15-2006, 10:16 AM
Brave words indeed...wish you well.!!
Nikki.x

Siobhan Marie
06-15-2006, 03:52 PM
As long as you're happy with the road you're on, then I'm happy for you too.

Karen

:iagree: with Karen as long you're happy with the road you're on. I'm happy with mine.

:hugs: Anna x