PDA

View Full Version : "Coming out of The Closet" regrets anyone?

Ranee Daze
06-15-2006, 09:37 AM
This debate about the "closet" or secret, as I choose to view it really interests me.

Personally I am so glad that Ranee remains a secret to my family and friends. It works for me, especially now that I have retired from actively physically dressing. NO harm has been done, really.

Does anyone here regret "coming out" of the closet? Stories ladies, stories!!!!!

Tina Dixon
06-15-2006, 09:39 AM
I'm sorry my wife found out now that i'm thinking of giving it up.

GypsyKaren
06-15-2006, 10:02 AM
I have no regrets whatsoever, in fact I wish I'd done it a long time ago. So many years have been wasted that I'll never get back...oh well. The thing is, I just wasn't ready to come out until I did, if I had done it sooner it probably wouldn't have worked out for me. So I have no regrets about it all, everything had it's purpose, I'm just going to live and enjoy life now and take it as it comes.

Karen

Nikki Dee
06-15-2006, 10:27 AM
My views match those of Karen...No regrets whatsoever..only regret is the "wasted" years...but ces't la vie...I intend to make up for it now.!!
Nikki.

Byllie
06-15-2006, 03:59 PM
For me, it wasn't so much of coming out of a closet, as it was realizing I was in a closet in the first place. Perhaps I've always been a tad slow, but I really never knew that someone could crossdress and *not* be gay. I always enjoyed make-up, but felt utterly guilty as I also had not interest in men whatsoever; a woman's shape would arouse me quite easily. I wonder how many of you had similar scenarios, that you didn't even realize you could be CD and hetero. Hmmm? :thinking:

tekla west
06-15-2006, 04:09 PM
No.
Nope.
Nada.

Gemma Rhodes
06-15-2006, 04:47 PM
Im with Karen and Nikki on this one. Having only just recently come out of the closet I have no regrets whatsoever. In fact it has made me a better person in that I can be honest and open to the people nearest and dearest to me.

I realise that I am one of the lucky ones, in that (so far) everyone I have told has been brilliant.

Gemma xx

Cherry Lynn
06-15-2006, 04:51 PM
I am with Karen, Nikki and Gemma. Just wish I had came out sooner.

Sarah Rabbit
06-15-2006, 04:54 PM
I wished I had come out sooner, Oh the possibilities!:devil:

Sarah R.:bunny:

Deidra Cowen
06-15-2006, 04:57 PM
I live a double life and gotta keep it that way for now. So yes I run around atlanta dressed like a chick taking insane risks. Yet hide it from my old friends, work and most of my family.

Not the best deal but I got kids to support and a big check to write to the EX every month! If I worked for the government or a progressive corp things might be different.

For every girl that doing well being 'out' i see examples of major trouble to counter act that. I mentioned this in another thread but 2 atl girls right now are having problems due to coming out with family or work. So you really gotta think about it and plan things out is my guess.

Perhaps when my kids grow up I'll be able to go Fem FT and have my life setup to deal with it. Right now however I am happy...just careful! well...to a degree. Still gotta go out partying with my girlfriends! :p

Trisha
06-15-2006, 07:05 PM
no its the best thing i have done we love each other so much moor now than ever she is my wife my best freind and my life and also i am her best girl freind as well and my wife is the best thing that could have ever happend to me im glad i got a p.c. way back when i did that is how we meet :love:

Jessica
06-15-2006, 07:07 PM
The only regret I have is not coming out of the closet sooner.............:heehee:

ava_bruna
06-15-2006, 07:27 PM
Im so happy I never hid it from my wife, she has stood by me all the way, my only regret is my kid's? kid's OMG their older them most here:D but till the time im confronted with it i'll sit on it, Wife sometime say's, " if the kid's knew?"kinna like holding it against me but when I say im going to tell them, she back's off so till I get tired of her saying that, I'll keep sitting on it:D

lostmyhubby GG
06-15-2006, 09:09 PM
Awww do you all see how happy my Trisha is now she is out of the closet??? I wouldnt have it any other way, not to say its not difficult at times off and on but honestly I wouldnt have her any other way but totally happy and we are so much in love.
Funny when i think about it, it has sort of sparked things all over again and again.
Isnt her new pic lovely????/

I love you baby girl....and so glad your out of the closet, it must have sucked being locked away with the smelly vaccuum,mop,stinky shoes etc...in that closet!!!!!! ha ha ha

mudanjel
06-15-2006, 09:27 PM
I really admire honest, courageous people who have that hunger to put their foot down and declare *this is ME*.

Of course, it's such a life-altering, risky choice....they can lose their wife, their kids, family members, property and assets. (Good thing there's that neighbor in the teddy across the fence, eh ??)