PDA

View Full Version : The strangest thing happened to me....

Felix
06-15-2006, 03:59 PM
Hi well last week when I was out shopping with my gf the strangest thing happened to me. She was doing the usual looking for stuff but everytime she shouted me lol using my female name I felt strange like that doen't feel right!! When we got home we sat down to watch the world cup and have a few beers. I said to her ''don't be cross and this might make ya feel wiered''.Lol she said ''I bet I know what ya gonna say'', te he she did too!!! I told her how I felt when we was shoppin she wasn't supprised at all. Lol we tried to pick a boi name for me but nothing seems to fit and her joke of Timothy didn't work either lol. Can anyone relate to this??:D

Adam
06-15-2006, 04:29 PM
yes when im out with me mum and dad thats every friday they call me by my female name i hate it and sometimes witgout thinking i dont answer because i dont use it anymore

Felix
06-16-2006, 01:48 AM
Unfotunately can't do that with mine cos it's a totally girl name lol :D

CaptLex
06-16-2006, 09:06 AM
If you can't find a male name that's similar to your female name, how about choosing the name of someone you admire or a name you've always liked. My male name (also Lex) is a shortened version of my middle name, so it wasn't hard to pick, but even my first name (which is totally a female name) only needs to be slightly altered to make it male - in fact, the male version of that is what my best friend calls me.

I don't have much trouble with names, but the pronouns really bother me. I don't like being called "she", but what I really hate is that every single day someone calls me "Miss", "Ma'am" or "Lady". :Angry3: If it were people I know, I would correct them, but what's the use correcting a store clerk who is trying to be polite and who I'll probably never see again?

You'll figure it out and when you do, let us know what you chose.

Felix
06-18-2006, 02:56 PM
Thanx guys!
Lex I love that quote ya put at the end of the message I think it's soooooo true and yeah I will let ya know when we pick somethin that is comfortable for us both cos it has to feel right for both of us ya know what I mean hun!

Julie Avery
06-18-2006, 04:57 PM
Silva, I just thought I'd throw out a few names from family history, maybe one suits ya, or maybe not!

Aaron
Andy
Ben
Cliff
Dan
Dexter
Edmund
Edwin
Elam
Elliott
Giles
Joel
Matt
Milton
Nate
Ray
Wade
Warren
Wesley

- Doug

Marlena Dahlstrom
06-19-2006, 12:26 AM
Silva, choosing a name is a nice change to re-invent of oneself, so it's not always something that comes quickly. A lot of people -- including myself -- have ended up changing names because we didn't figure out the "right" one of the first attempt.

When I realized my first name didn't feel quite right, it took me a couple months to come up with a new one. Part of that was just "trying it on" (i.e. just thinking of myself as "Marlena" but not actually changing it on any forums) to see if it felt right after a couple weeks.

So give it time, you'll know when you've found that right one.

Louise
06-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Silva, I just thought I'd throw out a few names from family history, maybe one suits ya, or maybe not!I like Elliot .. [ reminds me of Peyton Place] ..me i was born Terence .. so it's Teri .. Tess ..Tawl ...whats in a name anyway ... if the hat fits wear it !! :heehee: love Lulu [for now anyway] XXX