PDA

View Full Version : why

jenny53
06-15-2006, 10:49 PM
have any of you girls noticed that the gg's don't dress as sexy as the crossdressing girls do? my wife would rather wear my old t shirt than the nice silky nighty i bought for her . i hope someone knows if we are the sexy ones or the gg's just don't feel the same as us when dressed up.

GG Vanya
06-15-2006, 10:59 PM
again.... (where'd the dead horse emoticon go?):witsend:

Gurly
06-15-2006, 11:03 PM
It's an uneducated guess but I would think there is no way that women feel the same way we do when dressed. How could they? CD's and GG's, as much as we hate to admit, are two totally different creatures, so the reasons for dressing (at least in the early discovery stages) are different. GG's certainly know how much work and time it takes to looking your best as a woman, so maybe they just want to take a break from it and dress in t-shirt and jeans. I love chicks in t-shirts myself. Anyway, just my opinion.

Glenda Grant
06-15-2006, 11:11 PM
I don't think that is necessarily so. In my case I would choose the comfortable stuff over the sexy stuff because my husband wasn't as sexually active as the old days and why wear it if I'm just gonna get turned down anyway cause he's too tired or not in the mood. It's been 2 1/2 months since I have found out about his CD and it has brought us closer and now we are back into the sexy lingerie, both of us and you can ask him who looks sexier I guarentee you he will say it is me!

CharlaineCadence
06-15-2006, 11:18 PM
you know i'm not a g. girl but I am a woman at heart. I have been living full time as a women now for 6 months almost. All I can say is that even now I would rather wear a comfy sleep tee then a nighty to bed. It's not the clothes that make you sexy it's the frame of mind and ask my girlfriend She thinks i'm sexy just as myself:D . Yes their are nights I want to look sexy for her but you know what its thougs nights the nighty doesn't stay on anyway. :evil:

just my 0.02

kiss kiss
char

Kate Simmons
06-16-2006, 06:25 AM
Patience Vanya. They just don't "get it". I do. Ericka

EricaCD
06-16-2006, 07:33 AM
:dh:

(My sentiment exactly.)

Julia Cross
06-16-2006, 07:35 AM
Charlaine, I think you nailed it.

Also, GG's can dress sexy if the want, it's not a taboo whereas CD's are in some ways catching up with what they could never do. Obviously there is sexy for both genders and sexy is a state of mind, but in my opinion one of the main aspects of crossdressing is that we truly admire the more beautiful, sexy things women have to wear and sunsiquently will choose to dress more feminine or sexy than just t-shirts and jeans - that we can wear every day in male mode.

Julia

Kate Simmons
06-16-2006, 08:00 AM
True enough Julia, but I've since realized that I can be sexy looking in practically anything I wear, including t-shirts and jeans as Ericka. Depends on how you view yourself I guess and how you project yourself. This is how I know where the real gals are coming from. Ericka

VeronicaMoonlit
06-16-2006, 08:15 AM
:dh:

(My sentiment exactly.)

There actually is a dead horse icon? Cool!

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

midwest GG
06-16-2006, 09:06 AM
Because we don't have too!! That's it, plain and simple. My SO loves me know matter what I wear, and I love him no matter what he wears. After all, the clothes get ripped off by the end of the night anyway, so I don't wanna ruin anything nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tamara Croft
06-16-2006, 09:09 AM
have any of you girls noticed that the gg's don't dress as sexy as the crossdressing girls do? my wife would rather wear my old t shirt than the nice silky nighty i bought for her . i hope someone knows if we are the sexy ones or the gg's just don't feel the same as us when dressed up.You live a fantasy, we live reality.... we don't have time to play dress up 24/7 like some. Try living in the real world for a change, infact go ask your wife why she dresses that way and then come back and let us know what she says.

Tiffy
06-16-2006, 09:31 AM

No need to be snappy. If you look this person is a new member and may have never seen a post on it. So let it be. If you do not like the post. Quit reading it. This may be very new to this person.

April Marie

JoAnnDallas
06-16-2006, 09:36 AM
April Marie is right, everyone be nice. Poster is new and remember you too once asked this same question and wanted a honest answer. Also remember there is not such thing as a dumb question, just dumb answers.

Sandra
06-16-2006, 10:22 AM
have any of you girls noticed that the gg's don't dress as sexy as the crossdressing girls do? my wife would rather wear my old t shirt than the nice silky nighty i bought for her . i hope someone knows if we are the sexy ones or the gg's just don't feel the same as us when dressed up.

What is sexy to one person may not be to another. I don't need clothes to make sexy :p I wear clothes that I feel comfy in and that are practical. Most CDers seem to think that GGs should be dressed sexy all the time, why I just don't know.

Han
06-16-2006, 10:35 AM
My SO likes to dress up, just to bounce around the house; it could be the fashion she is into mind you. If there is anything I want her to wear I just ask, and Vice Versa. We both encourage each other to look our best, no matter if I am in guy mood or girl mood. Since I have been with her, my wardrobe has vastly improved and so has hers. :D

kathy gg
06-16-2006, 01:18 PM
Hi jenny

I see you are new. Welcome to the forum. I suppose there are many factors which would cause a crossdresser to "assume' that gg's dont' dress up much. I guess if you live in a rural farming community or a blue-collar working town with say no high rises or if you are in a moutainous area where the standard vehicle is a pick-up then chances are you probably won't see women dress up much. Most women dress to fit their environment and weather and also because we do live in a world which 'judges' you to see a female dressed too sexual...well soceity sees her as sending a message saying 'easy'.

I have been lucky having lived both in small towns, medium size towns, and now very close to a major urban area.

I can assure you that women do dress up and I see plenty of sexily dressed females. Now by sexy do you mean wearing 5" heels, tiny mini-skirts, and their bras showing...well no. But there are street corners in Toronto which will sastisfy one if looking that variety of "sexy".

But by sexy I mean women who are dressed trendy, yet attractive, yet still leaving something to the imagination.

Most women who work in downtown are fashion slaves and I think most people who 'complain' would stop if they visited any major urban city for a week. I am talking full face make up, a kickin' do', the latest styles, and heels that are in season and in style. I see it every time I visit Toronto.

But these same women are not going to dress to impress at Wal-Mart or your local grocery store. Most women like to change into more comfortable attire when running errands.

Anyway....I am sure once you learn more about the 'world' of females that you will learn to separate fantasy from reality and take into account where exactly you are basing your information.

All I would say to someone who thinks women don't dress up is to visit a big city and watch and drool!

cata
06-16-2006, 01:35 PM
What I've noticed obviously is that not all women are the same!
Most I guess have the desire like CDers to dress up in some ways, sometimes. Some don't, and clearly some women like to crossdress!
What I wonder is if psychically, some women are attracted to a feminine natured and featured man, and may be less feminine in this way of appearing cute and sexual than their CD partner, a kind of subconscious harmonizing of soulmates?....cata

Jennaie
06-16-2006, 01:38 PM
Jenny:

I dress like the GG's do. Works for me.

GG Vanya
06-16-2006, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GG Vanya
again.... (where'd the dead horse emoticon go?)

No need to be snappy. If you look this person is a new member and may have never seen a post on it. So let it be. If you do not like the post. Quit reading it. This may be very new to this person.

April Marie

JoAnnDallas

April Marie is right, everyone be nice. Poster is new and remember you too once asked this same question and wanted a honest answer. Also remember there is not such thing as a dumb question, just dumb answers

when "I" joined this forum, I took a day or two to read back through posts, to get a "feel" for things, before I began posting. I "assumed" most everyone did the same. Oh well, there I go assuming again! And nope, I never "asked this same question and wanted an honest answer"...the reason would be obvious to anyone who notices the GG in my name. :happy:

This topic always rubs feathers the wrong way, and I tire of GG's feeling like we must defend our dress code. If GGs' attire doesn't meet with CDs' approval, just do as you tell the non accepting public when they don't approve of YOUR attire. Look the other way! :D

For the record, I sit here in my home office, wearing blue jean shorts, a low necked print shirt, and thong sandals, and I think I look like a MILF! <g> But my opinion is most likely tainted by the playful leer Trudi just gave me on her way back to work from lunch break.

Just as clothes do not a man make, clothes do not a woman make.

Now, if only we had an emoticon of a horse with clothes on! :D (get it? beating a dead horse....clothes horse) dang I hate when I gotta 'splain 'em!

Julie York
06-16-2006, 02:38 PM

This is someone who has only just joined. They have the same burning questions we all did when we first found this forum. It's a genuine question asked politely. No need to be unkind.

GG Vanya
06-16-2006, 03:27 PM
with ya Julie. No need to be unkind....and I think it's unkind to have it constantly insinuated that we GG's don't dress as sexy as the CD's.

I guess it's all a matter of perspective. :happy:

Sharon
06-16-2006, 03:36 PM
Enough has been written on the merits of the thread. Now -- if you have an answer to the question posed, please post it. Otherwise, move along to the next thread.

You folks aren't always going to like every question that is asked here -- lord knows I don't -- but, frankly, I'm getting tired of the same old complaints and responses and I would normally prefer to think that a question was asked sincerely.

Any further posts arguing whether this is a valid question to ask will be removed.

kittypw GG
06-16-2006, 03:40 PM

Your wife probably prefers to wear the t-shirt over the silky one you bought her because it was probably obvious that you really bought it for yourself.

Women dress for function. Our happiness is based on the fact that we are mothers, friends, wives and lovers. Not on what we wear. Who you are is not about clothes :( It is about personal satifaction, giving, contributing to another, being helpful, enriching our minds with knowledge.

Maybe if you would put your energies into a charity and give something of your self to help another you would not have so much time on your hands to wonder why it is that gg's aren't as sexy as crossdressers? Sheesh.....:eek:

Khriss
06-16-2006, 03:57 PM
..to the original question in a less cynical way... it might be that genetic women having the ability to dess that way anytime they wish , find no thrill in it ..as attracting a partner may be the initial premis anyways ? I think that dressing like a "Barbie Doll" is fun ! - but living as a "Barbie Doll" would realy be a pain !? ..a pragmatic view , I supose... 0.02 "K"

Julie York
06-16-2006, 04:22 PM
O.K. well here's both answers (cos I am a genius).:D

Basically it is what Kathy gg said (must stop saying that).

Women actually live their entire lives as....women. This means that they do lots of things that are not directly associated with being, looking, or giving a damn about being sexy. But if you go to the average 'business' area of a large city ....oh boy there's sex on legs all over.

The other answer is......CDs dress to achieve or experience a heightened state of mind that is an exaggeration of the norm. I would guess the average male does not spend his time wearing a snappy suit and looking like Richard Gere in 'Pretty Woman' 24 hours a day. I can only manage 12 hours at best.:D

Amelie
06-16-2006, 05:41 PM
O.K. well here's both answers (cos I am a genius).:D

Basically it is what Kathy gg said (must stop saying that).

Women actually live their entire lives as....women. This means that they do lots of things that are not directly associated with being, looking, or giving a damn about being sexy. But if you go to the average 'business' area of a large city ....oh boy there's sex on legs all over.

The other answer is......CDs dress to achieve or experience a heightened state of mind that is an exaggeration of the norm. I would guess the average male does not spend his time wearing a snappy suit and looking like Richard Gere in 'Pretty Woman' 24 hours a day. I can only manage 12 hours at best.:D

You can look like Richard Gere for 12 hours of the day,,,,,,this is good enough for me, can I have your telephone number?

Also if you read on this forum, some of the outfits that are worn can cost a lot of money. It would be a waste of money for a gg to wear these outfits for every day wear.

cata
06-16-2006, 06:10 PM
not to belabour any point, but perhaps it may be difficult to understand the nature of Cders, and therfore empathize...we are an obsessed lot, perhaps unfortuneately....maybe partly because our sexual arousal, though from time to time may be satisfied malewise, as we are not quite just male, but androgynous with strong feminine natures expressed in diverse ways, our natures can never be satisfied wholely..though I agree, it is crucial that we do dedicate ourselves as well to charitable altruism!! and the higher meanings of life, something which for some of us may be made easier as weird as this may sound, by the nature of our feminine dress!
....cata

Jodi
06-16-2006, 07:50 PM
I believe that many of the cd's on this forum confuse the looks of sexy and provocative. Short, tight skirts, extreme heels, low cut sweaters are provocative. A stylish, trendy. together outfit, properly accessorized is sexy on any women. Sexy is not a street walker look. A women can be extremely sexy in a pair of jeans or shorts. It depends on what she puts with it and what her attitude shows.

Jodi

jenny53
06-21-2006, 12:05 PM
i sure didn't mean to sound like women are not sexy . what i was asking was if cd's dress all dolled up more than the gg's do . sorry i crossed the line. iwas asked to post a question because i had not posted any yet. i know now that i must keep my questions on the straight and narrow so i will certainly try my best to not upset anyone .that was not mt intention .

Toni
06-22-2006, 02:25 AM
Don't apologize Jenny, you've done and said nothing wrong. To answer your question real girls don't dress up sexy because they don't need to like TVs do.

Candi
06-22-2006, 04:32 AM
YAY Khriss, but I don really like the feel of cotton, never have.

Lisa Golightly
06-22-2006, 04:44 AM
You live a fantasy, we live reality.... we don't have time to play dress up 24/7 like some.

As a 24/7 thingy I have to say I can't be arsed most of the time... I hardly bother with makeup either as I get my eyelashes tinted... Besides I've always felt sexier naked than sweating in some corset dress caked in makeup. :)

Angie G
06-22-2006, 04:48 AM
Julia I think your are right.
Angie G

Kate Simmons
06-22-2006, 04:56 AM
No big thrill here about dressing any more. It's getting pretty routine and kind of automatic really. Guess that makes me more or less a woman as Julie said. Ericka

Melanie R
06-22-2006, 09:33 AM
Recently I was at a TG Pride dance event and was talking with some of my post op TS fnends who were present. One of the TS's, Sara, looked around the room and exclaimed that only the crossdressers were wearing dresses or skirts. The 8-10 TS's present were all in pants. I asked Sara why and she said they same thing many genetic females have said, "I wear pants because I feel more comfortable and I also wear low heel shoes because they are more comfortable". I can remember Sara and most of the other TS's who in their "crossdressing" years only wore dresses, skirts and high heels. If all of us could dress as we choose to dress in public without any redicule, I wonder how many of us "the crossdressers" would dress. I find that after so many years of being out in public I tend to wear pants and low heel shoes most of the time.

Hugs,

Melanie

nettiereno GG
06-22-2006, 09:45 AM
Hi,

Perhaps we GGs take dressing sexy for granted, and it is all newish to our CDs. When I feel like looking sexy, I will. It is not something I feel compelled to do. My angel makes me feel sexy, no matter what I wear.

My adora is sexy to me no matter what she wears, or if she is dressed in her "man" clothes. I think I am sexy to her, if our sex life is any indication.

Before we met, I fell in love with adora's mind, via e-mail, and she was certainly smitten with me. As someone else said in this thread, it is a state of mind, and our minds are our most important sex organs.

Annette