PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about things

Kate Simmons
06-16-2006, 05:18 AM
As I was shaving my legs this morning, I was thinking about things in general and my own situation in particular. Sure, I have a lot of freedom to be Ericka but not without a price. My wife has basically left me even though we are not divorced as she cannot deal with it. My family and friends abandoned me when I came "out" about five years ago. It's taken me that long to build up a new circle of friends who appreciate me for who I am. Sometimes I wonder if it's all worth it. Upon reflection, I can truthfully say it is. The alternative is pretending to be someone I'm really not and I couldn't live like that. It nice to have the option of being either Richard or Ericka whenever and where ever I want. I also appreciate the fact that I have a whole network of new friends on this Forum who are only a couple of mouse clicks away. It's nice being able to share your real feelings with others and not have to be afraid of being belittled or judged. I love the friendship and support and knowing that I am never alone. Take care, Love, Ericka

Teresa Amina
06-16-2006, 06:15 AM
It is great to be able to just fire up the old computer and find like minded people here. The old isolation is gone and we can be ourselves without fear. Have you noticed how reading others posts is often like reading your own thoughts? There are many things I never considered consciously until I saw that others were willing to be open about them here.

Kate Simmons
06-16-2006, 06:17 AM
You know me Teresa. Feel free to "fire away" about anything, any time. Love, Ericka

Annesah
06-16-2006, 06:41 AM
Ericka; I'm sorry to hear of your sacrifice. I've been lucky as my friends have ALL kept me. Indeed; None of us on this forum are ever alone and we are privilaged to love you in return.:love:

Bernadette
06-16-2006, 07:00 AM
I have also came out to the individuals who I thought I could trust with my inner most deepest thoughts about myself.
I have too lost all my childhood friends but not because they do not understand or comprehend it is a story of not being taught that individuals like me are not supposed to be in this life or theirs.
I had lost alot, I have gained a little.
I get gender jokes thrown my way all the time.It does hurt but it also makes me stronger.
If you ever need to speak your mind I will be here.
I need to talk too.

Clare
06-16-2006, 09:56 PM
It is great to be able to just fire up the old computer and find like minded people here. The old isolation is gone and we can be ourselves without fear. Have you noticed how reading others posts is often like reading your own thoughts? There are many things I never considered consciously until I saw that others were willing to be open about them here.:iagree:

I couldn't have said it better Teresa! This was very relevant to me when I first joined the forums as it was a period of great confusion and stress for me as a crossdresser! What a difference the members and this forum have made to me over the past year!

Tina Dixon
06-16-2006, 10:04 PM
The bottom line is you need to be happy, if that did it for you thats what matters, if your family can't deal with it then there the one that have the problem.

GypsyKaren
06-16-2006, 10:06 PM
It's a shame you have to give up so much for something as basic as being yourself, especially when you're a nice person. Sorry to hear about your problems, but we're always here for you.

Karen

Eileen
06-17-2006, 09:12 AM
Ericka we all need to true to our feelings. We will never be happy until we can be who we truly are. For many, there are some big hurdles to climb. I know, I am still climbing mine. We are all here for each other and knowing that is very comforting.

Eileen

Joy Carter
06-17-2006, 09:29 AM
Since comming here I have learned to drink from the cup of being true to one's self. I have gained much and I belive my SO is comming to accept me. She does see the big change in me and is glad for it. I'm just not going to disapoint her or myself by rushing into this.

tullyxxx
06-17-2006, 05:03 PM
As I was shaving my legs this morning, I was thinking about things in general and my own situation in particular. Sure, I have a lot of freedom to be Ericka but not without a price. My wife has basically left me even though we are not divorced as she cannot deal with it. My family and friends abandoned me when I came "out" about five years ago. It's taken me that long to build up a new circle of friends who appreciate me for who I am. Sometimes I wonder if it's all worth it. Upon reflection, I can truthfully say it is. The alternative is pretending to be someone I'm really not and I couldn't live like that. It nice to have the option of being either Richard or Ericka whenever and where ever I want. I also appreciate the fact that I have a whole network of new friends on this Forum who are only a couple of mouse clicks away. It's nice being able to share your real feelings with others and not have to be afraid of being belittled or judged. I love the friendship and support and knowing that I am never alone. Take care, Love, Ericka
yes i agree took me a long time and many lonely yrs to really get to the point that i just had to be grace and not the body i was born in . i am lucky now my wife accepted me 9 yrs ago and we now live as sisters or as 2 girls toughter she allows me to have girl friends here to dress with me and have fun also some men friends . she goes shopping with me helps pick my clothes and i help her cant think what it would be like not to be able to dress at night as grace have been out a few times but only with my wife as she said i should bless her . fell sorry for those who cant communicate with wifes or family it must be torture god bless all of you if you are suffering but some day it will be ok hope you all find your utopia love grace

miss-x
06-17-2006, 11:12 PM
I to am so glad I found this site. It brought me out to except myself as who I really am. I am so much happier now. My wife really likes it. I am much more relaxed. AND NOT SO STRESSED OUT. Just Dressed out. lol

Diane