PDA

View Full Version : Bra Staps

JoAnnDallas
06-16-2006, 02:08 PM
How many of you have had your bra strap fall off your shoulder and there was nothing you could until you could find a safe place, like a bathroom to fix it. I was sitting in a meeting right after lunch today and I felt my left bra strap slid off my shoulder. So I had to sit there the whole meeting (1hr), then run to the bathroom, lock myself in a stall, so I could unbutton my shirt, reach in, pull the strap back onto my shoulder, adjust my bra and camo, rebutton my shirt, and exit the stall. I then took a quick peek at the mirror just to make sure that nothing was showing before I left the bathroom.

Just another day in the life of a undercover CDer. LOL

GG Vanya
06-16-2006, 02:17 PM
do a Google search on "bra strap keeper"....voila! no more slippage

Karren H
06-16-2006, 02:20 PM
Yeah!! Had that happen a few times! And have had my self supporting thigh high stocking come down, once when I was walking into the building with the CEO and the other time when I stood up to give a presentation in a meeting in the boardroom! Luckily both times they stopped at my calf!! After that I went to a redundent backup system. AKA. Garter belt. Hehehe

Love Karren

joannesilver
06-16-2006, 02:21 PM
Not really a problem with long sleeved shirts. My problem is the tell-tale impression of my bra through my shirt, even with a camisole.

trannie T
06-16-2006, 04:04 PM
Bra straps are a nuisance, GG's have the same problem, they're always pulling their straps up. T-back bras are not as popular as they were a few years ago but the straps do stay in place. If I had boobs I'd think about going braless.

Tina Dixon
06-16-2006, 04:53 PM
Never had such a problem, don't wear my girlie stuff at work, it's just not a place for it.

Karren H
06-16-2006, 10:25 PM
Never had such a problem, don't wear my girlie stuff at work, it's just not a place for it.

Makes boardroom meetings more enjoyable!! hehehe

Love Karren

Billijo49504
06-17-2006, 12:15 AM
I just move my hand in there , as if I had to scratch my shoulder and fix the strap. Then it's business as usual.
Once though, at the grocery store, I reached in to fix my straps, with out thinking, and the lady behind me , said isn't that a bitch when they slip? I just answered, sure is, and the then I got out of the store...BJ

Eric/a
06-17-2006, 12:50 AM
Once though, at the grocery store, I reached in to fix my straps, with out thinking, and the lady behind me , said isn't that a bitch when they slip? I just answered, sure is, and the then I got out of the store...BJ

Well, I haven't had THAT situation yet, but I sure know about straps slipping. I have a Frederick's "push-up" bra that gives me a gorgeous bust line with my artificial forms, but it's got to be the worst one as far as strap slipping goes. If I'm wearing it under a dress, along with a slip, it usually takes my slip straps right along with it! I guess this is a good example of the old saying, "You take the good with the bad!" For me, though, there's a bit of excitement in worrying about something that's usually just a concern for women!

Tamara Croft
06-17-2006, 05:46 AM
do a Google search on "bra strap keeper"....voila! no more slippageNice to see your advice ignored as per usual.... why do you even bother Vanya??

Kate Simmons
06-17-2006, 06:31 AM
Never had that but my slip straps are falling all the time when I dance. Hey if the bra strap wants to also, let 'er go and if something else falls..whoops! Not too worried about it myself. Anyway, if you are I'd listen to Vanya. Ericka

Clare
06-18-2006, 02:09 AM
My ex wife used to be jealous of women who had wide shoulders. When I asked why, she said bra straps stay up better on flat/wide shoulders - my ex had narrow small shoulders and I did notice her adjusting her bra straps a lot!

I find some bra's which have bigger straps hold up better - it's usually the sexy styles which have thin straps that take a tumble off the shoulders!

Randy
06-18-2006, 09:22 PM
That might sound odd, and I'd bet that there are few women who share this view, but I kind of enjoy it. I try not be obvious when fixing the strap - don't know what I'd do if a lady noticed and commented.

Emma England
06-19-2006, 08:30 AM
Would it not be true to say that it is natural to correct the straps straight away. Too uncomfortable otherwise.

One way is to move the straps onto your shoulders through your shirt, as if you were rubbing your shoulder.

GabrielleS
06-19-2006, 09:08 AM
Makes boardroom meetings more enjoyable!! hehehe

Love Karren

So are they just so intensely interested in what you are saying that they watch with such keen interest, or are they wondering what your wearing? :eek:

Debbie

Georgette
06-19-2006, 09:17 AM
So are they just so intensely interested in what you are saying that they watch with such keen interest, or are they wondering what your wearing? :eek:

Debbie

I think that we as CDers are more consience of what our appearence is than what other people may think.
I agree that it is what you say at board mtgs than how you look, I know at mine they listen more than look and I have quite a few intellects attend mine.
FAA rule setters if you are familiar with that you know what I am saying.
Thanks for reading this.0.02

sparks
06-19-2006, 11:20 AM
In a mill it wouldn't matter to much. My high vis. Vest falls down all the time. IT is X shaped. My skinny frame never holds the straps (of my vest I never wear femme things there) So all day long I'm hiking them back on. Other works laugh and say you bra-strap fell again. LOL
True story.