PDA

View Full Version : Wife doesn't like it

DonnaT
11-23-2004, 09:18 AM
I got dressed this morning, including the new wig, to let my wife see it for the first time when she got home from work. She said she didn't like the style or the color. Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and get her to help me find another wig.

Here's a pic of the wig.

http://beautytrends.com/002c/img/1610.jpg

Charlotte Elizabeth
11-23-2004, 09:35 AM
I got dressed this morning, including the new wig, to let my wife see it for the first time when she got home from work. She said she didn't like the style or the color. Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and get her to help me find another wig.

Here's a pic of the wig.

I think thats a great wig-might have my hair cut like that when it gets a little longer.

Jennifer_Ph
11-23-2004, 10:19 AM
That's a BEAUTIFUL wig!!

Sharon
11-23-2004, 12:04 PM
It could be that the wig simply isn't the best choice for Donna T.
Donna T, ask your wife for her help in choosing a wig. It could be both educational and fun. The worse thing that will happen is that you get another wig to wear!

ladytan-sherry
11-23-2004, 12:26 PM

Here's a pic of the wig.

DONNA T THE WIG LOOK GREAT ON YOU AN THIS WHAT I STATED DOING BUY YOU WIG THAT HAS HUMAN HAIR AN YOU CAN COLOR IT AT ANYTIME AN YOUR WIFE CAN STOP NAGING. WHEN I BUY A WIG I WOULD BUY DIFRENT COLOR AN DIE ABOURN. BECOUSE THATS MY COLOR OF CHOUCE.DONT SWEAT IT.

YOURS TRULY
B69-SHERRIE

Paula A
11-23-2004, 12:26 PM
Wigs like hair styles will look much differently from person to person. It does look good on the model and it fits the shape of her face nicely, which is why she is modeling it. The best way (and most econmocal in the long run) is to have a professional stylist that specializes in fitting/styling wigs work their magic with you. However this takes a lot of personal courage to go iton a shop and say "I want a real girly hair style/wig, what have you got?" Someday I Might find the courage. I think that this is the reason that we all have a pile of wigs in a box somewhere because we see something on the webb and order it up only to find we don't look quite right in it like the model in the photo and toss it in the box.
Anyway there are a lot of shops that perform this service normally for woman with cancer treatments and other hair loss problems. If you were to call a couple of shops, you might find a local shop that offers this service and might cater to our needs. We have one in our area with a seporate back room for wig styling service (most woman prefer the privacy when it comes to hair loss) I'm hoping to spend an afternoon there right after the holidays for a makeover and wig) Explain over the phone of what you are looking for and set up an appointment. It's easier I think when you don't have to look in them in the eye when you tell them what your looking for.
Anyway, be on time and bring your favorites with you. not only will she help you with a color and style that fits they can custom cut the wig to match your features nicely. Most wigs come with a standard length hair and unless you match the model you will need to do some trimming to make the hair style your own.
Take your wife with you make her part of it, you only wear it she has to look at it on you and will voice her opinion, besides her opinion is the one that really counts. So make a fun day of it and if you walk into the shop with you wife, no one in the front will know or care and you might not be so nervous.
Good Luck.
BTW; The wig is my color and style if you are going to toss it in a box.

Julie
11-23-2004, 12:33 PM
Donna the wig looks fine to me. Is it a big difference to what you wear at present, if so this might be why you wife doesn't like it. She's probably got used to Donna and sees the new look differently.

JJ

DonnaT
11-23-2004, 02:26 PM
Is it a big difference to what you wear at present

This is my first one. Used my wife's back in the 70's but she tossed it. She was afraid I'd go out with it on I reckon.

I plan on having her go with me to at least one local store called Hollywood Wigs. They are TG friendly. I personally don't have any problem with going in and buying a wig, but like you all mentioned, I do want my wife's input.

SandraKayLee
11-23-2004, 02:46 PM
[QUOTE=SandraKayLee]:o I think the wig is vary nice. Maybe your wife really dose like but she's just mad you got it First. I would just keep it, remember your the one who wants to ware it as long as you like who care :o s.

Rachelle A
11-23-2004, 03:11 PM
Hi Donna, post a photo of yourself in your new wig and let us decide.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

DonnaT
11-23-2004, 03:27 PM
Hi Donna, post a photo of yourself in your new wig and let us decide.

OK, once I've shaved the mustache and put on some makeup. Next week?