PDA

View Full Version : How did you come by your Femme Name?

Laura Jane
11-23-2004, 12:22 PM
I was wondering what made you choose your Femme name, for me it was very easy, I took the name of an old flame who I adored. She was a girl with great taste and style and always looked wonderful, even first thing in morning! I'm even finding myself buying similar clothes to those she wore. The only major departure is hair colour, she always 'hated' blondes!

Sophie Yeats
11-23-2004, 12:27 PM
One of the first girls I was friends with at school. She was very much like I wanted to be and dressed how I wanted to dress.
Also I like the name Sophie, it's very much an femmanine name without being too girly.

Charlotte Elizabeth
11-23-2004, 12:43 PM
'Charlotte' from the song 'Charlotte Sometimes' by The Cure (not 'Charlotte the Harlot' by Iron Maiden...) and 'Elizabeth' was the name of one of my Grandmothers.

kimmjacoby
11-23-2004, 12:57 PM
My First Name Is Derived From My First Pet(kimmo). My Last Name Is My Mother's Maiden Name.
I Got The Idea From A Book On Crossdressing That I Read In The Early 70's.
My Name Is By Far Not Very Creative Or Feminine, But All My Friends Know Me As Such, Since The 80's, So Why Change It.

Hugs
Kimm
:)

DonnaT
11-23-2004, 02:14 PM
The girl living across the street from us in my youth was named Donna. She was a majorette. Loved that outfit . . . http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_2_78.gif The T is short for TVTG.

Georgette
11-23-2004, 02:36 PM
From my Boy name George, not what I really wanted , but Georgiegirl was taken so it became Georgette which I sort of like better than the other. ;)
Hugs :rolleyes:

Krissi
11-23-2004, 03:19 PM
The name I've used the past few years, Amanda, Mandi for short is for a girl I worked with for a few years ago. She was pretty and soo bubbly and femme, just who I always wanted to be. Not to mention I love names spelled different than usual. I've used Renae, Gwyn, and Krystal in the past. I haven't been dressing much lately, but when I come out of my funk I may have to go with Krissi. The more I see it the more I like it :)

JJ :) Mandi for now, but leaning towards Krissi

LilMsShy1
11-23-2004, 03:33 PM
Hi Girls,

I just simply added an N & an E to my existing boy name, Brian 2 Brianne! Never had any doubt on this I absolutely love the name & have never even thought of trying anything else. I looked it up & Brianne means "Strong One".

What a great idea 4 a thread...

Hugs,
Brianne :)

DeniseNY
11-23-2004, 03:42 PM
Denise was the name of an old flame that I had a major crush on for about four years. Wilson is my mother's maiden name. My middle name, Marie, I'm not sure where that came from...

I have used the name ever since I started dressing in public in 1994.

Ashleigh
11-23-2004, 04:39 PM
I always loved the name Ashley. When I met someone several years ago, (quite a knockout actually) my favorite female name became hers - Ashleigh (best of both I guess). My middle femme name is Marie.

Sandra H
11-23-2004, 04:45 PM
I always liked the name Sandra. I thought that Sandra sounds like a nice type of woman.

My second name Heaton came from the next street to where I lived as a child Heaton Street. It sounds silly now. But I had so much on my mind in those days. How could I buy panties and a bra? What shade of tights should I wear? How can I get that skirt in the house without my mother noticing it? Where would be a good hiding place for my cloths? Etc, etc, etc.

So I had more to think about than a great second name. LOL :)

Paula A
11-23-2004, 05:56 PM
Great Thread.
Mine was easy I added an "a" Im also called paulie, Pauline and Paulina, I stuck with what came easy and if ever a change will be required it would be easy.

LauraB
11-23-2004, 06:31 PM
Laura
Was the name of my granny who i adored and loved
I had been named Lawrence so taking Grans name was easy as it was also the femme for Lawrence
The B is the first letter of my last name Brice

Love
Laura B

Sweet Susan
11-23-2004, 06:39 PM
Susan is the name of a good friend, as well as the actress Susan Hayward, one of Hollywood's all time beauties. I wanted a name with which I would feel comfortable. I'm very happy with it, and I hope I never have to change it.

Katiegirl
11-23-2004, 06:46 PM
My femme name is in rememberance of one of my daughters who was only a child when she left us

Jerry
11-23-2004, 06:53 PM
Jerry is the logical derivative of Jerome, my middle name. I've toyed around with more feminine names over the years, but they never felt quite right. I use to wonder about "Pat" and "Chris" the androgenous characters from Saturday Night Live skits. And there are many names that can be either. I've also looked at modifying the spelling, Jerri, Geri, but I just keep coming back to what's me. Hog Hugs. Jerry

rachel_jean
11-23-2004, 07:02 PM
Two names I liked plus the same initials as my first and middle male names.

May be helpful if I ever had to sign my femme name (for some reason) and
started writing my male name, easy to catch yourself after the first letter.

Rachel Jean

Robertacd
11-23-2004, 07:15 PM
Roberta is the feminine of my real name, CD stands for... well we all know what that stands for :p

JennyCD
11-23-2004, 07:17 PM
Roberta; One of the sexiest women I have ever know was named Roberta, and we always called her Bert. She was a close friend for years.

Christina_Lynn
11-23-2004, 08:59 PM
I got it from a girl that I knew and somtimes others would call me by it while joking around.

MiaPink
11-23-2004, 09:40 PM
Ex-girlfriend's sister who I caught dancing at a strip bar. :D Obviously, she made quite an impression on me.

Tristen Cox
11-23-2004, 10:18 PM
I started a thread similiar to this one a while ago but the question seems to keep popping up. Your name here (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1394&highlight=Names)

Love
Tristen

maryjanecapri
11-23-2004, 10:38 PM
my name was given to me by an aquaintence i no longer have contact with. because i have such a fondness for mary janes and capri pants - the combination was pretty obvious. :p

Sharon
11-24-2004, 01:04 AM
I just like the name. It was the name of the classmate I had a crush on in the first grade.
It's also a good Irish lass' name and that is what I be.

Marlene4a
11-24-2004, 01:18 AM
I dated a gal in college. I...and others thought the world of her, but we called her "Banjo string" because she was so skinny, but "hot".

Years later..........My wife said I just "looked" like my name should be "marlene". That was 24 years ago. ( when I was dressed of course) Not dressed.....she jokingly called me other names !!.

Don't ask me how this all correlates. ( One"L" or 2 Susan?)

Love

"Olde Roumanian Saying or Quote...I could'nt repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder"

Christiane
11-24-2004, 06:25 AM
I chose Christiane because it is soft, feminine and pretty. Everything I want to be.

Love,
Christiane

Rhonda Callahan
11-24-2004, 07:36 AM
The first name is the same as a woman i worked with, she had the most beautiful eyes. The last is from my Irish heritage.

Teddie
11-24-2004, 09:46 AM
Mine is the feminization of my middle name Theodore. And, it's what my wife started calling me when I'm dressed, and other times :D

Amelie
11-24-2004, 01:51 PM
My Mom and Dad gave it to me when I was born.

Amelie- From the Movie,,,Amelie

Laveau-The Voodoo Queen

Krissi
11-24-2004, 02:03 PM
Okay its official, Krissi is my new name, a unique twist on my boy name Chris. So, Krissi Mychelle Rogers it is. Mychelle a tinkering with the phrase My Chevelle (1970 Chevelle SS one of my fav cars we rebuilt when I was a kid). Rogers cause my parents were gone so much as a kid Mr. Rogers raised me ::giggle:: I always wanted a simple lastname, it gets annoying repeating and spelling you name all the time.

Krissi :)

coral_s
11-24-2004, 02:27 PM
I chose my name as I knew nobody else called Coral. I wanted to be myself and not modelled any girl that I knew form the present or the past. My parents would have named me Janet Elizabeth had I been born a girl, but using this would have continually reminded me of people who have those names, possibly infuencing my individuality.

Katiegirl
11-24-2004, 02:30 PM
Thank you Jenny for your thoughts its a long time ago but you still remember

Good luck with your trip to Milwaukee, that is the one major city I haven't visited in Wisconsin as my friends warned me not to go there.

Diana3281
11-24-2004, 03:13 PM
My name was picked by ex-g/f and I. We both sat down and looked at names until we found one that I liked and that she felt comfortable with.

kylie
11-24-2004, 03:14 PM
Quite simply, because of the singer, Miss Minogue. She is lovely and also likes wearing sexy clothes.

Mind you, as a total newcomer I didn't even consider a girlie name at first and what a mistake that would have been!

Now, as the advert said, I just love 'being kylie'.

sky0629
11-24-2004, 08:32 PM
hummmmmmm :confused: well i enjoy the outdoors. the sun the moon clear blue sky, fresh air and all that stuff. ok ok ok ! it was a chic blond and all leg's ok i said it. but that was a long time ago her name was sky.

sky :p

StephanieCD
11-24-2004, 09:30 PM
Stephanie is then name of a woman that comes into where I work everyday. She's just plain gorgeous and is always dressed in something I "approve" of ;) She has beautiful style and has a body and skin like I always fantasized. She is who I "would" be if I could... or at least the epitome of that "type" (although there was this ONE girl waaaaaay back... ;) )

stephanie27
11-25-2004, 03:30 PM
... we were all entered into a (get this) 5 a side football (soccer) tounament, as a fundraiser at work.

So we all start trying to think of a name for our team. Our IT manager suggested "The Geoffs" which we all thought was funny because we could all turn up that Saturday and all be Geoff for the day. Of course apart from me.

When someone wrote the team sheet I came out as Steph, and I thought it was quite nice, so in the absence of any better suggestions from me or anyone else, I started using it.

That became Stephanie shortly afterwards, and everyone uses whichever version they prefer - I like both.

S xxx

wilma
11-25-2004, 08:48 PM
Wilma is a twist of my real name, Walter. I know the only letter that is the same is the "W" but it seemed natural. You see wilma about as much as you see the name walter.

Bernadina
11-25-2004, 11:02 PM
Took one of my names, Bernard. Bernard comes from German and means "Bold as a Bear".

Feminized it to Bernadina. Bernadina comes from the Teutonic and means "Intelligent Maiden".

For short I use Dina. Dina comes from Hebrew and means "God has Judged".

Not that I knew what any of the names meant when I chose them.