PDA

View Full Version : I broke the heel tip off my shoe tonight :(

seanmc
06-17-2006, 02:26 AM
Does anyone know where I can get some tips? I'd like something a little stronger than what came with the shoe. They are Ellie 512-Leslies in black leather with I believe plastic tips.

Help!
Here is a pic of the shoe.

Noel Chimes
06-17-2006, 03:48 AM
Check the Yellow Pages under shoe repair. Call at least 3 and let them know what you would like and what they charge. Compare, compare, compare.

Sam-antha
06-17-2006, 04:58 AM
Were you outside and dressed when it happened ?

DanaJ
06-17-2006, 08:05 AM
Most of the heels I have came with replacement tips - I can send you some, or better yet, go to any shoe repair shop and they can do a professional job on them for you - as Noel suggested also :)

seanmc
06-17-2006, 09:33 AM
Sam, yes, I was out doing one of my parking lot walks when it happened. I had only been out for a couple minutes too :(.

Dana, how much would you want for them? I'm not "out" enough to go to a shoe repair store with a size 14 high heel shoe and would fee terribly embarrassed.

DanaJ
06-17-2006, 09:35 AM
You could tell the shoe repair store they are your wife's (and she plays in the WNBA)? Well anyway, I'll send them to you for free, send me a PM and we will arrange details....

ava_bruna
06-17-2006, 09:47 AM
If your near Loweel ( i'll ) if you like will bring some to you ;) yes new shoes usulay come with replacment's tip's guess that happend's to the best of us, I myself only wear mine in the house so no hole's to fall into:D

seanmc
06-17-2006, 10:39 PM
I'm in California.

Jodi
06-18-2006, 09:01 PM
Stacy, Dana's offer is great, but heel tips must be fit to a heel. The overall size of the tip differs slightly from shoe to shoe. The nail portion comes in different lengths and diameters. By chance, the one's that Dana sends might fit exactly, but the chance is slim. If the original nail portion on the tip is 1-1/4" and you put one in that is 3/4" or 1", that will leave a weak portion on the heel and will lead to a broken heel the first time pressure is put on it.

The shoemaker is the best bet.

Jodi

Melinda G
06-18-2006, 10:44 PM
Go to Wal-Mart. Go to the shoe dept. On a rack, with the shoe laces and stuff, you will find a plastic package with assorted heel tips. It contains several sizes, and one should work for you. I have replaced several heel tips with the replacement tips.

seanmc
06-18-2006, 11:34 PM
Hmm. Thank you Melinda.

Dian
06-19-2006, 01:22 AM
Stacy, I broke the heel tip on my size 15, 4" pumps.

I went to a local shoe shop and they fixed the heels on both shoes and polished them. All with out really saying a word other than "it'll take just a few minutes, and that'll be $4 please". I think I had a harder time trying not to look to nervous about being a guy bringing in a pair of womens shoes. :blushing:

I do have to admit that when I first pulled up outside the shoe shop, there were a number of people there, so I went and got a coffee to drink while I waited for them to leave.

DanaJ
06-19-2006, 04:53 PM
Wow - well, guess my offer wasn't good enough after all :(

seanmc
06-20-2006, 08:19 AM
It is!