PDA

View Full Version : make up at the mall

julie w
06-17-2006, 10:03 AM
I had to go to a mall yesterday in drab while I was there I was checking out
the women ,what we all do for ideas on looks a lot were wearing my type of outfit summer skirt top and flat
sandels but I only saw one women with noticeable make up and she caught
my eye straight away , my question to the forum is for you girls that go out
do you think we get noticed more for wearing to much make up or are we
better off with next to none ,
from my experence you dont want to attract that second look thats the one
that will get you read and I think a lot of make up will do that more than a bit of beard shadow from a distance happy outings julie

Sandygal
06-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Too little or too much.To much and you would stand out and to little you would also stand out.We have to find somewhere in the middle.Like Karen Hutton says" practice, practice, practice"

Adrienne Heels
06-19-2006, 08:57 PM
Sandy is right......it takes practice to get just the right amount of makeup.

EricaCD
06-20-2006, 11:56 AM
I agree with Karyn and Sandy: you can't go too far in either direction. However, you should be aware that the "balanced middle" for a CD is likely to be on the heavy side for a GG. After all, a GG without makeup looks like an un-made-up GG; a CD without makeup looks like a man.

In other words, when doing makeup I am trying to get to a look that a GG would consider fully made-up, but hopefully not overdone! If I were to try for a degree of makeup that a GG would consider moderate in doing her own face, I will probably not be doing enough to alter my male features.

Good luck!
Erica

sparks
06-20-2006, 12:03 PM
Gotta agree. Nothing says cross-dresser like a mound of foundation and over done make-up. If you are going to do it, do your homework. Practice until you got it right. Not this Sweet Baby Jane. Though.

VeronicaMoonlit
06-20-2006, 05:07 PM
I agree with Karyn and Sandy: you can't go too far in either direction............................... I will probably not be doing enough to alter my male features.

Good luck!
Erica

Good post!

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

trannie T
06-20-2006, 05:21 PM
When most of us have put on the base coat of foundation then enhanced it with blush eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara and lipstick we've added a couple pounds to our faces. A lot of crossdressers (including me) operate under the assumption that if a little makeup is good a lot must be even better. although subtle makeup is now the fashion if I'm wearing makeup I want the whole world to know I'm wearing makeup.

Francine
06-20-2006, 11:00 PM
I know there are tall girls, but for me, the 'fear' of being 'read' would be the fact that I stand 6'5" tall.. without shoes. No matter how well the make-up is, or whether I have my 'breast pals' or none, I feel ppl will would always "take the double take" based on sheer height alone. I'm not big. I wear a women's size 14 or 14 tall, although I do like some tops to fit a little loose, some are 16 or even XL, and even like to wear heels, but limit myself to a 3" heel because any taller, and I definitely have a problem with most doorways. But it seems it's the height issue that would "always knock me down".

Francine

allisonrn06
06-21-2006, 08:42 AM
I've heard before that the trick to wearing makeup is to look as if you're not wearing any and I think that the gg's I find most attractive are the one's who follow this rule.I think if a cd goes out in public,she should stick to that rule as much as possible also.