PDA

View Full Version : the breast form store vs. bosom friends

Joelle134
06-17-2006, 12:51 PM
I know most people will recommend buying from The Breast Form Store. I've also heard good things about the cheaper Bosom Friends (http://www.bosomfriends.co.uk/) forms. My question is not so much about quality but more about value. For the forms I'd be getting I'd be spending about $120 from Bosom Friends and $150 from The Breast Form store. So.. is it worth spending $30 more to buy the Transform Classics from The Breast Form store?

I know most people will only have had experience with one or the other, but any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

susiej
06-17-2006, 02:55 PM
Joelle,

The Breast Form Store is located in Washington State, in your own back yard. Bosum Friends is located in West Yorkshire, in the UK. Even if you don't pay anything more for shipping, your forms will have to clear US Customs. I don't know how likely this is, but they could end up stuck in customs, while you pay a duty bill. This could also present you with an outing risk, if that's a problem.

Somebody else just posted a link to another vendor, www.magiccurves.com . Their "C" forms are $145, with free shipping.

Hugs,
Susie

Lynn
06-17-2006, 04:57 PM
This may not be what your looking for but try this link

www.supergelproducts.com

Sally24
06-17-2006, 05:36 PM
I've been using triangular shaped forms for over a year that I purchased from silicone works. They are priced around $140 plus shipping now. I have been very happy with them. http://www.siliconeworks.com/shop/silicone_breast_forms_106_prd1.htm

Joelle134
06-17-2006, 10:05 PM
just fyi, bosom friends say they have a US warehouse for US delivery.

and the prices I mentioned were including shipping.

Barb Valentine
06-17-2006, 10:54 PM
Getting thing tied up at customs is no fun at all
Too many questions

fionasboots
06-19-2006, 07:32 AM
Getting thing tied up at customs is no fun at all
Too many questions

On a similar topic: has anyone ever travelling in/out of the US with breast forms either in hand or checked-in luggage?

I'm considering buying my very first breast forms (this thread is really helpful, keep up the advice :) ) and will need to fly back to the UK with them (obviously)

Will they survive being in my suitcase? Will they show up as a strange-shaped bomb? :lol:

Or is it best (or do I have) to have them in hand luggage? Bit scared about that idea as all my hand luggage got searched on the way out so I guess I must have a guilty face, or was maybe just unlucky!

:hugs: Fiona

Emma England
06-19-2006, 08:11 AM
On a similar topic: has anyone ever travelling in/out of the US with breast forms either in hand or checked-in luggage?

I'm considering buying my very first breast forms (this thread is really helpful, keep up the advice :) ) and will need to fly back to the UK with them (obviously)

Will they survive being in my suitcase? Will they show up as a strange-shaped bomb? :lol:

Or is it best (or do I have) to have them in hand luggage? Bit scared about that idea as all my hand luggage got searched on the way out so I guess I must have a guilty face, or was maybe just unlucky!

The best way to avoid customs is to wear them. :D
Being non-metallic, the won't make the alarms sound! :tongueout

Seriously, if they are in hand luggage and you are searched, who cares? :love:

danielle_from_cal
06-19-2006, 08:41 AM
I just bought some breast enhancers from the site below. I can't imagine finding better ones. They are very realistic and feel great against the skin. They even smell nice! The only thing I don't like about them is taking them off!

They call them "Pals". I don't even think the largest ones they sell cost as much as you are quoting.
www.supergelproducts.com (http://www.supergelproducts.com)

I am in the US. They were delivered in four days and come marked as being from SGP, so no worries about anyone knowing about what is in the package.

I cannot recommend them enough.

KellyCD
06-19-2006, 08:49 AM

I have.

Don't worry about it. They inspected my bag and my forms where fine. They won't think there bombs or anything but the guy at the X-ray machine is going to be like "What the....."

I had ALL of my girly clothes and some toys in my luggage and all of it made it to the states and back out of it in just fine.

QZ2
06-19-2006, 10:40 AM
I am sitting in the airport right now, international departure, have gone through two security checks this morning wearing a bra WITHOUT underwire and small forms, more like enhancers. In drab. No problems but taking off my shoes with no socks and panty hose on caused me some concern but again, no problems. Don't know if anyone even noticed anything.

Still traveling

fionasboots
06-19-2006, 11:45 PM
I just bought some breast enhancers from the site below. I can't imagine finding better ones. They are very realistic and feel great against the skin. They even smell nice! The only thing I don't like about them is taking them off!

They call them "Pals". I don't even think the largest ones they sell cost as much as you are quoting.
www.supergelproducts.com (http://www.supergelproducts.com)

I am in the US. They were delivered in four days and come marked as being from SGP, so no worries about anyone knowing about what is in the package.

I cannot recommend them enough.

Okay, you're going to have to excuse my naivety here; I'm kinda confused about the sizing for these (and there's an awful lot of numbers so I don't want to get it wrong).

I can wear 36C bras without feeling squashed but I guess my chest size is, in reality a little bigger, maybe 38/40, not sure. I would guess also that I may even be an A-cup now (note to self, must diet/exercise but not in the chest area ;-) )

Based on the above I've guessing the TRS4 or TRS5 Pals would be about right? Any ideas?

For that price it's quite tempting (just whether they could ship quickly enough, I'm leaving the US at the end of the month).

fionasboots
06-19-2006, 11:54 PM
The best way to avoid customs is to wear them. :D
Being non-metallic, the won't make the alarms sound! :tongueout

Seriously, if they are in hand luggage and you are searched, who cares? :love:

Well, kinda lacking in courage at the moment (getting better though) and already had my hand luggage (camera) and backpack - laptop, books, flirty baby-doll lingerie* ... :OMG: yep, bit embarrasing that!

* Actually I don't mind the minor and brief (no pun intended) embarrasment for this, it was worth it because it feels so nice to wear, really sexy :love:

danielle_from_cal
06-20-2006, 12:03 AM
Okay, you're going to have to excuse my naivety here; I'm kinda confused about the sizing for these (and there's an awful lot of numbers so I don't want to get it wrong).

I can wear 36C bras without feeling squashed but I guess my chest size is, in reality a little bigger, maybe 38/40, not sure. I would guess also that I may even be an A-cup now (note to self, must diet/exercise but not in the chest area ;-) )

Based on the above I've guessing the TRS4 or TRS5 Pals would be about right? Any ideas?

For that price it's quite tempting (just whether they could ship quickly enough, I'm leaving the US at the end of the month).

Yeah, their sizing is confusing. It would probably be best to send them an email or call them and ask. But if you want to just order them and get it done, order ones bigger than you think you might need. They are very easy to cut down to shape as you desire.

Priscilla Ann
06-20-2006, 10:03 AM
Joelle,

I got breast forms from The Breastform Store and have had good luck with them. I think it is best to call. They are quite used to males buying from them and are quite informed and friendly....at least that was my experience. There are different shapes that look and fit better depending on your body fat. Over a certain size it is not recommended that you use adhesive because they will tear the skin. If you are thinking about going braless, you have to consider this. They can tell you a size that would look proportionate to your body size....ie I thought that the size I got would look huge but that actually turned out to look right for my height and weight. 0.02