PDA

View Full Version : Sisters-in-law

maggie
06-17-2006, 02:34 PM
My wife’s sister (who is herself a lesbian) had wanted to meet me as Maggie, but she lived too far away and, even when she visited, I couldn’t appear as Maggie when my wife was around. Our chance came when she flew in for a wedding last week and had to be picked up at the airport one morning while my wife was away.

We went to a restaurant for breakfast and had a long woman-to-woman talk. Then we had fun strolling through an outdoor shopping mall as two girls, window shopping. Here is a picture of me at the mall.

http://members.aol.com/miscmg/maggie-mall-smile-500.jpg

My sister-in-law remarked on how natural I was, and how easily she could relate to me as a woman. As I had experienced with other women, my sister-in-law was able to communicate with my female persona more freely than she could with me a man. (Now, if only my wife could be that accepting!)

Maggie

Joy Carter
06-17-2006, 02:45 PM
If I could be there I'd give you both a big hug !This is so wonderful of your sister in-law to take the time to get to know the Maggie in you. Maybe the SO and SIL can talk about it and you and the SO can start to relate to you. Best of luck to you both :hugs: .

Joy Carter

PS Hun you look fab!

Sonia_cd
06-17-2006, 03:04 PM
I'm glad you had a wonderful time Maggie and you do certainly look very natural and at ease in the photograph you have posted.

And as I read your post, I couldn't help but think of what a great storyline it would make for a script. The non-accepting SO who has a lesbian sister, who in turn is very accepting and encouraging of her non-accepting sister's CD husband. Its also amazing how fundamentally differnt sibiligs can be...

Take care Maggie. Hope you and the SIL have many more fun outings like the one you just had. And forget not to post each adventure here :D

Love,
Sonia

christine55
06-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Youre lovely. Hope your sis in law will talk some sense into your wife.
Hugs, Christine

Connieminiskirts
06-17-2006, 03:20 PM
Thats a great experience!! So happy you could have someone to go "out" with!!
You take a great picture too!

Julia Cross
06-17-2006, 03:27 PM
HI Maggie,

First of all, you look absolutely lovely. And what a wonderful and heart warming story. I am truly happy for you. I really hope someday, soon, that your wife will be able to get past her discomfort with your dressing and be able to trul appreciate the great husband/girfriend she could have in you.

Julia

SherriePall
06-17-2006, 04:31 PM
Maggie -- Let me start by noting that if I didn't know that picture was of you, I would never have guessed it was of a CD. You look great and natural. As for your sister-in-law, you are lucky she is so accepting. Your wife must be somewhat accepting of or at least tolerating Maggie to some extent. If so, she may in time come around especially if your sister-in-law has some kind words to say about you now that you have met. Time will tell.

tifftg
06-17-2006, 04:57 PM
Maggie, what a wonderful story this was. While I know how difficult it is to have a wife who is not yet supportive, to have this great sister-in-law to share with sounds terrific. I am so happy for you. Like the others, I hope your wife learns from her sister.

Hugs,

Tiffany

KrazyKat
06-21-2006, 12:26 AM
Maggie, I agree with what everyone said!! You do look so natural, and I'm glad you got to share!! Hopefully your So will listen to her sister!!
REminds me of my own 76 year old MUM, she also has a lesbian sister who she just recently reconnected with, but as much as my parents adore GypsyKaren , I don't feel they need anymore stress, but I'm probably wrong, they are very loving. This is like our last hurtle.

Good for you, happy you had a great enlightening time!!

Kat

Billijo49504
06-21-2006, 01:00 AM
Maggie, let me say my wife saw you picture and said that's a real girl. I can tell.How's that for a compliment? You definately look good girl. and here's hoping the SIL can talk some sense into her sister. All the best ..BJ