PDA

View Full Version : A compliment from a kid?!?!

jjjjohanne
06-17-2006, 03:40 PM
I had some time to myself today, so I put on some black shorts and shoes, taupe hose and my white blouse. I don't care much about passing for a woman, so I had my man head on. I went to to a town a little way from my home. There wasn't much there, but I ate breakfast at a restaurant and no one seemed to notice, or at least they didn't react. Then I went to a mall in a nearby town. I traversed the whole mall. Most people never even looked at me. A few looked and saw what I had on. Most paid no attention. I started to become more comfortable in my outfit.
I ate lunch in the food area. One woman sitting near me noticed immediately. She would sneak a look at me when I wasn't facing her. I would glance her way and catch her looking. She would immediately look away. After a couple of minutes, she paid me no more attention. There were four women sitting at another table. After about 10 minutes, one of them noticed. When I was getting up to put away my trash, she and her friends all took time to look my way as I went by.
I left there and went to a couple stores near the mall. One was a payless shoes. That place was crowded, but I went in anyway. There was a man at the 12-13 men's shoes rack which is always close to the same size in womens. I went ahead and browsed in spite of him. There were some kids in the store, but not on my aisle, so I felt ok. I try to avoid kids, especially boys. I don't want to give them any ideas. There was a mother with her daughter who came into the aisle and was looking around. The girl looked at my legs a few times. I felt a little uncomfortable. They walked away. I continued trying on shoes and walking in them.
I was back in my own shoes at one point when the mother walked by and moments later the girl (8-9 years old) walked by. She looked at my legs or feet again, but this time she said, "I like those shoes, they look good." I told her Thank You and she turned and walked after her mother. I was a bit stunned. I had no idea she would have ever thought to say that. Women amaze me.
These are what I had on. (http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensCasuals&BLC=WomensCasualsClassic&Width=Wide&ItemCode=53543&LotNumber=045084&Type=Adult&Popularity=288&DescriptiveColor=Black)
I wonder if she asked her mother why I was dressed that way and her mother recommended she give me a compliment. If that is not the case, then girls must be giving out compliments to people and I never see it happening...

Joe

Connieminiskirts
06-17-2006, 03:51 PM
Aint kids just so wonderful!! Rarely do they pass judgement. Children are just so very acccepting! It is so precious seeing the sweet wonderful innocence they display.

SO glad you had such a glowing wonderful experience!!

and btwm they ARE nice shoes!!! and comfortable too!!!

Katrina
06-17-2006, 08:20 PM
Sounds like you had some fun today! I've gotten a random compliment from a little girl (8-10) before. She turned to me in a waiting room and said she liked my sneakers. They were actually women's ones but they were not all that girly. Maybe she knew, maybe she didn't. Kids can be amazing.

Barb Valentine
06-17-2006, 09:15 PM
Sounds like you had a blast :thumbsup: