PDA

View Full Version : Awful reality check.

sparks
06-17-2006, 07:15 PM
So since I've not fully dressed in seven years! and this weekend I was able to indulge...................

I make a pretty homely chick!

I mean I thought once make-up was applied I would looks strikingly beautiful! I even thought I'm skinny enough to have a nice figure when poked, and prodded and tweeked here and there.

So homely and a bad skinny figure. I wonder if I look as good in drab?

Probably not as good.

Positive note I bought clothes and dressed anyway.
Negative note: I spent good money on make-up that didn't help.

lostmyhubby GG
06-17-2006, 07:27 PM
we are our own worst enemies, its how u feel dressed isnt it? and um look at some other pics around.... u might feel better.

KELLYANN
06-17-2006, 07:38 PM
HI SPARKS! it's how you feel inside. the outer beauty will come. just work it girl! :hugs:

sparks
06-17-2006, 07:42 PM
I'm currently in drab again! But i still have three days to work it some more!
I'm an ugly chick and proud of it! Damn it anyway.
But really I looked like Sweet Baby Jane!26848

DeniseNY
06-17-2006, 07:46 PM
Don't think about it like that. You are probably as pretty as half the girls here. Besides, dressing is for the feel as much as for the look. So if you're feeling pretty when you do your thing, there it is.

Tamara Croft
06-17-2006, 07:47 PM
This is something a lot of us GG's say to ourselves daily, we look in the mirror and no matter how much makeup we have on, we still feel ugly (well I do a lot of the time). But then there are other days where I feel quite the opposite and because I know that just for once, my hair was perfect, my makeup was flawless and I was having a good day.

Be positive, this is only day one isn't it? Keep practicing with the makeup and if you ever need any advice, you know where I am :hugs:

DeniseNY
06-17-2006, 07:48 PM
BTW I had never heard of Sweet Baby Jane before. Is that where Hannity got that nickname from?

sparks
06-17-2006, 07:49 PM
I'm ready for my close-up Mister DeMille!

LoL! It's Ok! But dashes out that whole passing thing. Well the wife won't have to worry about me getting more looks than her! LOL!

She will kill me when she sees that I shaved my legs.

Michelle Ellis
06-17-2006, 07:50 PM
Well I've always thought of it as not how good you look, but how much better you look :love:

Now if you can pass... :yrtw:

:p

Tina Dixon
06-17-2006, 08:03 PM
Well not every one is perfect:D

jillinla
06-17-2006, 08:21 PM
maybe you should feel honored

she was the last great movie star

Teresa Amina
06-17-2006, 08:23 PM
Sparks! I'm so glad you finally got to dress again!:thumbsup: It doesn't matter what you look like as long as you feel good about doing it. Ever look around you?- lots of girls need "help", and they're starting off as GGs!

sparks
06-17-2006, 08:31 PM
Sparks! I'm so glad you finally got to dress again!:thumbsup: It doesn't matter what you look like as long as you feel good about doing it. Ever look around you?- lots of girls need "help", and they're starting off as GGs!

AWW! Thanks I'm really OK with not being an attractive girl! I just like the fact that I horrified a small town by looking at lingerie!
"Is he going to the change room! With That!!!!! Well I never! He better by it afterwords!! Close call he just went to the dress rack close to the change room. Wait he's not going To...."

Yep to much fun!

Carroll
06-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Like someone else just stated, its what you think and how you look on the inside. The fact is you are doing something that you like to do:thumbsup:

GG Vanya
06-17-2006, 09:45 PM
I'm ready for my close-up Mister DeMille!

LoL! It's Ok! But dashes out that whole passing thing. Well the wife won't have to worry about me getting more looks than her! LOL!

She will kill me when she sees that I shaved my legs.

You forgot the dang pink food coloring Sparks! tsk tsk

caffine
06-17-2006, 09:57 PM
its not what every body thinks about you.

its how you feel inside. if you feel sexy inside-then thats you:love:

Billijo49504
06-17-2006, 10:02 PM
As was said, if you feel good, that's the main thing. You should see some of the GG I see at the grocery store. The main thing is to try. Actually, we have a lady at work that is soooo skinny, she says she can wear her bra backwards, and it fits just as good. Those are her word. And I laughed so hard....BJ

Barb Valentine
06-17-2006, 10:18 PM
Welcome to the club
Your not alone

sparks
06-17-2006, 10:19 PM
I feel quite good, really. It only hurts when I pee. LOL I've dressed quite alot in the past few days(it's day 3 with 3 to go!) I'm just sarcastic! I'm not going near the make-up for another seven years.
But I am going to dress girly and watch horror movies! That is my two fav. hobbies pickled into one.

Billie1
06-17-2006, 10:47 PM
Remember, a big smile un-does a lot of so-called "negatives"!:D

Nastasha
06-17-2006, 10:55 PM
You gotta be you, and as Tamara and others have pointed out ... GG's feel the same way.

It's how YOU feel, not how you think someone else will feel.

EricaCD
06-18-2006, 07:32 AM
Absolutely, the most important thing is finally being able to match your fem inner self to an outer body that finally "fits"! So you should enjoy that - that's really the whole point.

I'd also just remind you that Rome was not built in a day. It takes LOTS of practice to get makeup, hair, etc. to look right - especially once you go out of practice. When I resumed dressing a few months ago I was positively horrified by the results in the first few weeks. The more so because I had remembered looking ok when I left off back in 2001 or so. Before you consign all hope of a "presentable if not adorable" appearance to the dustbin, I would suggest giving it at least a couple more tries to check for improvement.

Best,
Erica

Joy Carter
06-18-2006, 07:52 AM
Just the enjoy the moment Sparks they only come once in a blue moon.:D

Wenda
06-18-2006, 10:27 AM
Yep I know that feeling. In either mode I look like 40 miles of bad road. In female mode ie fully dressed with makeup, (which hasn't happened in a loooong time), it's send in the clowns time, followed by the dog catcher and a paper bag.

I went to a dentist once to have my tooth replaced and he told me "Why replace it, with that face you've got nothing to smile about anyway"

I went to a plastic surgeon and they recommended "Full Cranial Replacement" The search for a donor continues.

Weight Watchers told me to stay fat because the size of my body detracts peoples eyes away from my face and "That's a blessing dear"

I asked the sales girl at the makeup counter for something to make me pretty... she gave me a bag.
LOL! those are great lines. As others have said, it's how you feel when dressed that is important. If you look good that's nice, if you look good to others, that's a bonus.

Kate Simmons
06-18-2006, 10:30 AM
Sparks, You are beautiful to me as a person in any case. You are my sister and that's what counts. Love, Ericka

GabrielleS
06-18-2006, 10:47 AM
Sparks, it like everyone says -- it's all about how you feel....cause I know to, I not think that I'm the greatest looker of all, but sure to feel great when dressed! It's a whole new wonderful me.

sparks
06-18-2006, 12:00 PM
My beautiful sisters! I'm Ok with being a less than appealing chick. I laughed I cried and waved my make-up money good-bye! I will not be able to play with make-up for along time so all is for the better right now! I'm just a dude in skirt when I can dress. But 100% hot chick on the inside.
I laughed when I started the thread and still is laughing. Maybe abit to hysterically for one all alone but my other personality told me to stop so I did!

Siobhan Marie
06-18-2006, 04:07 PM
Sparks, to me its how you feel inside that counts and the fact that you enjoy your dressing. I agree with you about being a man in a skirt, cos thats me too at the moment, bottom half looks great, top half needs shaving, just need to find someone who'll do my back for me. Like the bottom bit of my signature says I'm Bruey on the outside and Anna on the inside. Thats how I feel and I feel great.:happy:

:hugs: Anna x

Karren H
06-18-2006, 04:10 PM
Every dressing even is an experiment and sometimes it works and sometimes I look like a guy in a dress!!

Love Karren

sparks
06-18-2006, 04:57 PM
Every dressing even is an experiment and sometimes it works and sometimes I look like a guy in a dress!!

Love Karren

Funny thing is everyone says I have girly arms and then I put on a dress and they look muscular! Nothing accents muscles like a tight dress!

Kate Simmons
06-18-2006, 05:03 PM
Hey, a lot of girls work out and have muscles (wish I did). You'll be fine Hon. So you like Franken Berry huh? Ericka

Khriss
06-18-2006, 05:06 PM
..if the satisfaction ..do'nt excede the effort ??
..I can't speak for anyone but myself.. but..."been there" ! ..
though , I need to remind myself of how often the other facets of my life (CD'ing and the rest) .. are things I often take for granted...
.. I'm seldom "satisfied" and feeling that way can be a counterproductive thing, in my life sometimes...
(soundsgoofyperhapshehe?) "K"

melissacd
06-18-2006, 05:22 PM
Sparks,

First of all I want to say that I am proud that you are dressing again. I know that you were not dressing for some time, I can certainly relate to that. You just have to get in the saddle and do the best that you can with what you have to bring out the inner beauty that I know that is there. I too looked at myself and thought that there was no way that I could ever bring out my beautiful side, but with some love and care and attention I have been able to do wonderous things.

I am more than happy to help in any way that I can to guide you in the things that I have learned so far, we are here to help each other.

All the best for now.

Huggs
Melissa

sparks
06-18-2006, 05:26 PM
Make-up is off the list for awhile. Unless someone is willing to come over and do a make over! Three hours from Calgary. Any takers?