PDA

View Full Version : skirts

rosiegurl
06-18-2006, 02:54 AM
in a conversation with a GG abit ago, she mentioned something about there been a right length of skirt depending on your size.

I guess my question is, if there are rules on this, what are they?

tara 24-7
06-18-2006, 03:45 AM
they gotta be short and sexy, but not so short that there tarty, but short, kisses tara xxx

Angela Burke
06-18-2006, 04:02 AM
If I had the legs and butt of some of the girls who post pics. here,
(no names, but you know who I mean), I'd wear a leather or
denim mini.
Unfortunately I have neither the legs or the butt so I wear longer skirts.
I suppose it's all down to personal preference and comfort.
I don't think there are any rules about skirt lengths.

Esther
06-18-2006, 05:05 AM
I've always worn mine at the midi length--half-way between the bottom of the knee and the floor. But the shorter ones are cute too so break tradition. I'm going to--I'm looking for a top-of-the-knee straight skirt with some higher heels to go with it.

Kate Simmons
06-18-2006, 05:25 AM
No "rules" that I know of (if there were, I'd break 'em anyway). I personally prefer long skirts. More that moves with me when I dance. Ericka

AnnaMaria
06-18-2006, 05:49 AM
Actually there are some simple rules to guide you when selecting a skirt or dress, but they are fashion rules that do more to help a girl to look her best. They are really simple to remember once you start to use them and they will help you blend in rather than call attention to yourself in public.

If you are tall you should wear skirts that are mid calf or longer to hide some of your height or short to show off your legs and your height. Depending on the look you are trying to achieve. Anything in between really doesn’t flatter a tall girl.

If you are short you should go with a knee length or shorter skirt to give the illusion that you are taller than you really are.

If you are heavy you should wear a skirt and dresses that are loose and full such as an empire waist which hits just below the bust line or a peasant style to hide some of the weight but never wear a tight skirt because it will accentuate your size.

Skirts and dresses that are cut in an A-line, a sheath or very form fitting skirts like most of the mini’s are for girls that are thinner because they don’t mind showing off their curves.

But no matter what height or size you are you should never wear a skirt or dress in public that allows your panties to show when you are standing or slightly bent over at the waist. It’s just not ladylike and it perpetuates the idea that we as tg’s are simply doing this as a means of getting attention. If you want to wear a skirt like that you should wear it in private for the one that you are trying to seduce.

The rule that I use when picking a new skirt is “Would I allow my 11yr daughter to wear it in public?” if not then I don’t wear it either. The only time I overlook the rule slightly is when the skirt is actually a skort because I know that I am not going to be showing anything because there are shorts underneath to keep me covered, or if the skirt is a cover-up for a bathing suit.

The other thing to consider is where you are going. Is the setting casual, business, or formal and what activities will you be involved in? Things like this really make a difference in the styles and cuts that a girl wears and how she is perceived.

Remember that everything we do is going to be examined closely and the more we appear proper the easier it will be to gain acceptance from the general public.

hope this helps

anna

Clare
06-18-2006, 05:57 AM
Generally I prefer skirts that reach the top of the knee. Similar to those common in skirt/jacket suits. These skirts still show a bit of thigh when I sit, so they are appropriate for me. I can get away with wearing a mini skirt if I wish, but my thighs are quite musclely (sp?) so it's not the best look for me and not really age approriate anyway. I do like ankle length skirts - particulary pencil style ones.

As for regulation lengths for skirts? I can't say I've ever come across a system that determines the correct length based on your size, but I assume the clothing manufacturer's factor in things like length/waist ratio considerations.

ronda
06-18-2006, 06:02 AM
i like my skirt short to show off my legs or just above the knee when i want to be a little more formal :happy:

Billie1
06-18-2006, 06:15 AM
As a general rule, I won't wear a skirt in public when the hem is higher than my fingertips, with my arms dropped straight down along my sides.

Being a rather tall (6') girl, I know that AnnaMaria is right on the money when she says that a shorter skirt draws attention to your height. But, I just enjoy showing off a little bit of leg so much that's usually the case.

Now, as for what I don't wear out ... :D

Tina Dixon
06-18-2006, 06:26 AM
I think the knee is a safe length for every one.

Billijo49504
06-18-2006, 10:28 AM
I've always heard, as you get older the skirts get longer. To hide the vericose viens.:D In the 20 and 30 somethings, mini's look good. But when you see a 40 or 50 something in a mini, you wonder if she is on a second child hood. Of course there are always exceptions..0.02 ...BJ

GabrielleS
06-18-2006, 10:51 AM
Me, I don't have much choice....got rashes from Disoid Lupus at the knees, so the skirt needs to hide them - unsightly things!....and it's to warm for stockings! Now, maybe in the winter shorter will work with stockings.

mmandy31
06-18-2006, 11:08 AM
depends on what you are wearing
i love long skirts with a nice blouse or if i am wearing a short skirt i am wearing a t shirt or a nice pull over
i am a little heavy so i would wear a long skirt and loose blouse

Andrea's Lynne
06-18-2006, 11:22 AM
Wear what makes you feel good. After all.....that's the point for dressing isn't it?

sparks
06-18-2006, 11:26 AM
I just bought my first one! It is short but sexy. Makes me awsome to have it on.
Right length, most likely not. But only I will see it and I know I'm a sure thing!

Anita
06-18-2006, 12:07 PM
it all depends on my mood
Some days I like a long skirt
other days a dress but others nothing but a wide belt will do!!!!!!!!!!!
Those that have seen my pix will know what I mean
Anita xx

Deanna2
06-18-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm with Anita on skirt length. The only thing that matters is your mood and what you feel comfortable with. I love (very) mini skirts, but I will often wear longer skirts.

One piece of statistical trivia I came across some years ago is that fasionable skirt length varies according to the strength of the economy. That is, the stronger the economy the shorter the hem length. For more reasons than just the obvious one, I really love strong economies.

ashlee chiffon
06-18-2006, 07:22 PM
that's the beauty of being a cd...there Are NO rules!
just ...ENJOY....

trannie T
06-20-2006, 06:47 PM
The rule is that men wear pants. Now that we have broken that rule we can break most of the others. I wish I had the legs for miniskirts.

angela2112
06-20-2006, 06:51 PM
i have a thing about pleated skirts,just above the knee and if i can find a full circle one then all the better......don't know what it is about pleated skirts but they do it for me!

Dee 1062
06-20-2006, 11:10 PM
I love them short.....black and short for me