PDA

View Full Version : Fashion Plate

Joy Carter
06-18-2006, 11:42 AM
Old Joy has been looking on line now for some time for the perfect clothes being vertically enhanced and caring thirty more pounds that I should it's so hard to find anything but a sack. Well I hit on "Plus Size Super Center":happy: much pretty and well designed things for plus and tall girls. Pricey though fifty for tops, sixty for bottoms and dresses are over a hundred.:eek: So the question is how much do you all invest in clothing+? If you can buy in a thrift store and off the rack then I hate you :Angry3: yeah white hot hate now !:Angry3:

sparks
06-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Joy I bought out of the Thrift Store this week! I spent a whole 8.00 on my wardrobe! Doesn't quite go together as well as I would hope but the stares were beginning to creep me out! LOL
I would try there first. Is there a reason you can't!

Rita Knight
06-18-2006, 12:05 PM
Hi Joy,
Why don't you try Roamans, Lane Bryant Catalog or Jessica London? They are all online. Don't forget to look for the online coupons for them on the coupon sites! If you are able to spend more and like more stylish clothes, try the African-American women's clothes site, Ashro. They go up to size 26.

Rita Knight

Teresa Amina
06-18-2006, 12:10 PM
And ordering on-line you won't get "creeped out" by the people in the resale shop! :D Good prices, too.

Karren H
06-18-2006, 01:18 PM
Old Joy has been looking on line now for some time for the perfect clothes being vertically enhanced and caring thirty more pounds that I should it's so hard to find anything but a sack. Well I hit on "Plus Size Super Center":happy: much pretty and well designed things for plus and tall girls. Pricey though fifty for tops, sixty for bottoms and dresses are over a hundred.:eek: So the question is how much do you all invest in clothing+? If you can buy in a thrift store and off the rack then I hate you :Angry3: yeah white hot hate now !:Angry3:

I invest a lot in clothes, and since I lost 50 pounds, also invest a lot of time in keeping my weight down so I can fit into them!! hehehe I'd go buy a tread mill and a size 8 dress!! Then I'd have some motivation to get into that dress!!! LOL

And I buy off the rack and at local department stores, but always on clearence!!! I tried resale shops and really don't have the time to sort through all those things. Most are poorly marked, so I'd rather hit Kohl's clearence and get somethin in style.

Love Karren

Barb Valentine
06-18-2006, 01:25 PM
I'm in the closet
I'm not trying to make a fashion statement
The cheaper the better

Byllie
06-18-2006, 04:35 PM
... I'd rather hit Kohl's clearence and get somethin in style.

Kohl's is a blessing for the fiancially-impaired.:giggle:

Caitlintgsd
06-18-2006, 04:55 PM
I shop Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug and Torrid a lot. I tend to buy my skirts and tops from Lane Bryant and Fashion Bug. And dresses pretty much from Torrid although they do get some cute skirts and blouses from time to time.

az_azeel
06-18-2006, 05:45 PM
Hi Joy....
Sorry but I am one of the lucky ones I go into charity shops and buy clothes for a couple of pounds... I fit into a UK size 12...

take care

the fallen angel

Marla S
06-18-2006, 06:09 PM
You could start sewing. Skirts are the easiest and the best start anyway. Go on with tops, blouses, dresses and trousers. Jackets and coats are not that easy and for the advanced. Undies --> no way (you don't get the fabrics and need a special sewing machine).
Over here there are sewing-patterns labeld "Quick and Easy", and they are.

At ebay's you'll get a cheap sewing machine. You only need a simple one.

Carroll
06-18-2006, 06:33 PM
If you can buy in a thrift store and off the rack then I hate you :Angry3: yeah white hot hate now !:Angry3:

Than hate me you must! :D Actually my wife helps me shop so I don't have to worry about looking weird carrying womens items to the check out. When it is an item that obvious wont fit my wife, like a bra, while at the check-out she will make a comment like "are you sure Carroll said it was a 40c?" It work great.

Carroll