PDA

View Full Version : I did a small coming out... here's what happened

DanaJ
11-23-2004, 06:30 PM
I have only really been CDing for the last 3 or 4 years now, although I think the desire was always there but I never acted on it.

Anyway, I have a GG for a best friend, I have known her for 22 years now, and we have been best buds for about 16 years. Although she got married about 8 years ago, we have still stayed very close and best friends.

Monday, we took a little trip to the beach, just to have lunch and do a bit of shopping, we have been doing this same trip for the last 13 years in a row. Well, with everyone else testing the coming out waters, I thought I would too...

I don't know why, but it was very hard to come out with it, but as soon as I did I started telling her everything. She asked lots of questions, and I showed her a few photos (the ones I have been showing here) and she was blown away by my photos, she just couldn't believe that was me.

After she saw the pix, she really opened up a lot more and was actually very accepting! Whew - I was really worried, but now that she knows I think we are even closer. While we were shopping, she made a few jokes and pointed at a couple of items (women's clothes that we both knew looked horrid) - all in all it went really well and I am so relieved....

Emboldened by that, I told another GG friend of mine who is an esthetician (she does facials and waxing). She said she had an idea I might be a CD, but didn't want to bring it up. I told her that even though I don't want to do it 24/7, I do have fun getting all the girlie services and all and could use her help.

So, she said she will take care of that for me, she will be coming up with a program for me to stay hair-free, make sure my skin is perfect and get my eyebrows into a nice shape I can live with but look femme. Sjhe said she is looking forward to "creating" a new girl LOL

Wow - I have been pretty lucky lately, and I sure know some great women! I know they won't see this, but I love you all!!

DanaJ

DonnaT
11-23-2004, 06:44 PM
That's great! Gee, another success story! I reckon women love having new girlfriends ;)

clarissa3d
11-23-2004, 06:58 PM
I am so happy that it went so well.

:D :D :D

rachel_jean
11-23-2004, 07:15 PM
Way to go DanaJ, really happy for you.

I bet it wasn't easy, but, I'm sure it felt great afterwards.

Plus, two more friends for Dana.

I'm sure a lot of our femme personnas could use more friends.

Rachel Jean

DanaJ
11-23-2004, 08:06 PM
Thanks everyone - I am very grateful for the way things are turning out lately. I will really have something to give thanks for on Thursday :)

And it is wonderful that these girls who are pros in the beauty business have taken me under their collective wings - I need all the help I can get...

DanaJ

Marlene4a
11-23-2004, 11:12 PM
Dana: As I mentioned , another door unlocked on the way to freedom.

Love

Wenda
11-23-2004, 11:25 PM
way to go, girl! Isn't that the truth! Our visualizations and fears turn out to be much more imposing than the actual results!!!!
YIPPEE. OKAY, THINK ABOUT THIS, LADIES, SUPPOSE NOBODY CARES?!?!
We worry and fret about being outed, made, spotted, etc, but, HELLO!! nobody gives a red rat's ass!! The great thing about this site is that it encourages alll of us to just go out and quietly assert ourselves. thank you all, wenda.

Tristen Cox
11-23-2004, 11:36 PM
COOL!! Dana that's fantastic!! Is it hot in here, or is it just you? :p :D

*hugs*
Tristen

Sweet Susan
11-24-2004, 01:27 AM
Dana, that is really, really cool. It makes me want to find somebody that I can come out to, but my wife already knows, and anybody else would be too dangerous. But it is really very cool that you got to have that experience.