PDA

View Full Version : Disp. razor vs Electric Razors...

rachel_jean
11-23-2004, 08:59 PM
Which works best at holding back the 5:00 shadow?

I use an electric razor for my daily shaves, but was wondering
if the shave from a disposable might last longer, when dressing.

What have you're experiences been?

Thanks,
Rachel Jean

pattysue
11-23-2004, 09:19 PM
I used to use a electric razor. But after using a throw away razor I've not used the electric since. I believe the throw away give a much better shave.

MiaPink
11-23-2004, 09:22 PM
I use Mach3 razors and shave against the growth. IMHO, electrics do not get close enough and do not last long enough. Be sure to moisturize following a shave, and your skin will be baby soft and smooth!

Of course this depends on the thickness of your facil hair growth. I have a thick blue beard and pale white skin...

On a related note, I love the Schick Intuition for shaving the rest of my body. It's perfect in the shower.

Tristen Cox
11-23-2004, 09:33 PM
Echo..

Throw-aways please:DAnd I've heard the same about the Schick Intuition.

Love
T

Bernadina
11-23-2004, 11:30 PM
I use both.

An electric to get the bulk of the shave done and a Gillette M3Power to complete the job. 8 passes with blade; down, up, left to right, right to left, top left to bottom right diagonal, etc.

Sharon
11-24-2004, 12:50 AM
Yeah even with the triple blade I still have to shave in different directions to get it all off my face.

Definitely Jenny. I also use the Venus, but only because it is easier to grasp. For a close shave, I always shave several times in different directions.
Then I douse my face with cold water to close the pores.

Marlene4a
11-24-2004, 12:59 AM
I am with Bernadina... I must use both.

My beard is like 16 ga. wire ( according to my wife) When I try to kiss her after a 2/3 day of not shaving she says " I put holes in her face".

So to not have the " Yasser Arafat" look, I use the Mach 3, then the electric razor afterwards, twice a day, once in the a.m. before going to work, and when I first get home ( If I want to keep peace in the family) .

But then.....ah, but then, don't forget the face moisterizer. Been using that for 25 years. works wonders after the shave, then the cologne or aftershave.

"Olde Roumanian Saying and Quote.. Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off NOW!!."

Sweet Susan
11-24-2004, 12:59 AM
I find that electric razors, and I have a good one, don't do the job. A great shave with an electric only lasts me a few hours. I can stay clear and smooth with a manual razor for several hours. I use a Gillette triple blade. And, yes, I have to shave in all directions and constantly check for stubble until it is all gone. I don't have a particularly heavy beard, but I do have a beard, and it is full. I find that disposable razors don't hold up over days. In fact, I often cut myself with a disposable razor after the first or second use. "Live at home" razors work the best. I used gel shaving cream, and lots of it. I buy it at COSTCO by the bundle and I spare none. When I'm done shaving, it's as smooth as a baby's butt and it stays that way for about six or seven hours, usually more. Slight stubble after eight hours.

MiaPink
11-24-2004, 06:00 AM
Just thought I would mention another shaving product that works wonders - although it's not for the face.

I always use "Bikini Zone" after shaving my chest and the unmentionable areas. It helps to prevent razor burn/itch/rash and makes everything look prettier.

Krissi
11-24-2004, 02:15 PM
Got to agree, razors are the way to go. electrics worked when I was in high school/early college when the hair was still thin, but now they just don't do it. I use the Shick Quatro or the Gillette Mach 3 (Whichever I have a coupon for at the time of refills) they are both about the same, the Quatro blades last me a little longer. Recently I tried the Venus on my face and it worked great, blades lasted a while too. When I want that close girly shave, I hold a warm wet cloth to my face before going with the shave gel, then shave in every direction imaginable, followed by a rinse in cold water, a close inspection and any touch ups followed by a nice moisturiser, my wife's on a biotherm kick right now. Make up looks and feels great afterwards.

Krissi :)

Julie
11-24-2004, 04:35 PM
Another Mach 3 user here although I'm thinking of trying their new razor with 4 blades.

JJ

rachel_jean
11-24-2004, 04:49 PM
Many thanks all,

Guess I'll add a Mach 3 to the shopping list.

Rachel Jean

IAMDONNA
11-24-2004, 05:21 PM
Hi Rachel Jean
I am currently using the CVS Comfort Touch for men on Facial Hair and trying the BiC Soleil for the rest of the body. I bought an electric razor by Remington about 3 months ago and while, if I need a quick touch up its ok, the blade razors are definetely best to get a good clean shave. Since I seem to have heavy dense hair everywhere I do go through them pretty quick so I get the 10 pack. The CVS razor is eqivilent of the Gillette twin blade with comfort strip. :)
Hugs Donna

Wenda
11-24-2004, 07:10 PM
I retired my electric shaver years ago. I have 2 Mach 3's, one for my face, one for everything else. My house (100+ years old) has a tub but no shower. I shave in the bath every morning. shave everything every day. Use Jergens 'shave minimizer' as a moisturizer. I can do it all in 6 minutes, the time it takes to boil 2 eggs. luv the feeling. wenda.

StephanieCD
11-24-2004, 09:54 PM
The Mach 3 Power - the electric vibrating one. I've said it before - it's the only razor I've ever not hated. Buy the Mach 3 Power blades, too. I actually contacted Gillette because I was pissed about how much they cost (hoping for a coupon ;) ) and a woman explained to me that the blades themselves actually have a coating the other blades don't have. I'll tell you - I can really, really tell. The vibrating blade seems like a gimmick but it really works for me.