PDA

View Full Version : Styling wigs

MichelleH
05-12-2004, 02:57 PM
I can't grow my hair long so I am forced to deal with a wig. Unfortunate, because I really like to play with styles while I'm dressed and I only have one wig (synthetic). You can do a few things with it like pull back the crown and sides and clip in back with a barrette, however the shape of the cap or something limits what looks OK. For example, when I put it up with a banana clip, try to do a high ponytail, or try to do braids, it doesn't look right. Anyone else having these problems or is it just my lack of styling skill? Does anyone have any cool do's that can be done with a medium to long standard synthetic wig?

Michelle

CindyT
05-20-2004, 10:20 PM
Wigs ARE tough to style! When I bought my last one the sales gal asked if I had a "Head" to use for styling it? I said no and she told me that is the easiest way to it.
I am shopping for a new one next week, one of mine is getting way too tangled and messy to deal with......

Cindy

Vivian Best
05-21-2004, 09:20 AM
Hi ladies,

I've had several synthetic wigs over the years and never was successful making them look very good. I'm considering spending the money and getting a human hair wig. Do you know of any site on the web that has large sizes?

Vivian :)