PDA

View Full Version : greatful for

Starluscious
11-24-2004, 01:12 AM
I am greatful on this Thanksgiving and all thanksgivings to be. that I have a family to take care of me when I was a child. a mother to nurture and feed me. a father to teach me things I"ll use later in life. a sister or set of brothers and sisters to play with. a set of cousins who care for me. I really like that I have a family. and I thank God for having one. I feel really sad about the people that grow up in ghettos without families or kids that just grow up not having a mother or father figure or anyone at all. it's really sad to know this. but I have to deal. I can do it. I feel in my heart I can. so I go with it. what are you ladies and gents greatful for?
family means alot to me
because they helped shape me into a beautiful person with such great care to show to people that matter to me
so let's always give thanks to what we have
we never know where someone in the world won't have it
so take care you all
and be safe and sound
God loves you
muahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

love
Starluscious

P.S. I love you as friends too

Sharon
11-24-2004, 01:14 AM
Very nice Starluscious. I can't add anything to what you've said.

Sweet Susan
11-24-2004, 01:21 AM
I am grateful that I am in good health despite the stupid and atrocious things I have done to my body, mind, and spirit over the past 50 plus years. I am grateful that Al Gore invented the internet so that we could enjoy each other's stories and lives. I am grateful that Richard Nixon was caught being the lying, cheating #%*&@% that he was, but I'm mad that the backlash from it isn't over yet. I am grateful that compact discs were invented, cuz they are so easy to work with and I don't have to clean my lps anymore. I am grateful that some geek like Marlene invented electronic guitar tuners so I don't have to always have a copy of "Day Tripper" on me to tune my Strat. I am grateful that Bruce Springsteen was "Born To Run" and has been doing so ever since. I am grateful that my dad, a lifelong republican, has the intellignence to figure out that 'W' is an idiot without any of my prodding. I am grateful my wife entered my life and turned me into the man I am today. I am grateful that the son that I hoped would never get married got married. I am grateful that the son I hoped would never get married who got married had a kid in spite of my wishes that he never have a kid, even though his wife is actually the one who had the kid. I am grateful that that said grandchild is in my life and making it the blessing that it is. But most of all, and I don't really mean this, I am grateful that I look as sexy as I think I do when I wear sexy women's clothes.

DonnaT
11-24-2004, 01:24 AM
I'm grateful that my mother has survived both colon cancer and breast cancer.

Sweet Susan
11-24-2004, 01:29 AM
I'm grateful that my mother has survived both colon cancer and breast cancer.

Now THAT is something to be grateful for. I am grateful for that, myself, and I don't even know your mother. My sister recently survived breast cancer, at least so far, and I am ooooohhhhhh so grateful.

Marlene4a
11-24-2004, 01:31 AM
Thankful, I have made peace with the God of the Universe. My name is written in the lamb's book of life, both Marlene,and my given name. Thankful he gave me the most beautiful wife in the world, which shows me how much My Father loves me. Thankful for the "Peace of Mind" I have. And thankful of my home.
Thankful for the wonderful childern, grandchildren, and wonderful friends I have here and elsewhere, like Sweet Susan, DanaJ, and many others here.

May the Lord bless you all this time of Thanksgiving.

Love ( the most powerful force known to man)

Bonnie-OR
11-24-2004, 02:55 AM
I'm grateful my parents were ignorant of birth control!! As Starlucious so elloquently put it, I am most thankful for my parents and family. Parents that taught me right from wrong, even tho' I didn't always listen, and had to find out for myself. And to keep this short, I'm thankful to all of you girls here for being such good friends. Huggs to all of you, Bonnie

Stormgirl
11-24-2004, 02:58 AM
Grateful for the sun,the roof over my head and having freedom as well as not being confined to a small cell we call jail. The priviledge of having heat and food,a loving father and a whole lot of other things.People need to stop taking things for granted in life like they do cos you will never know when it will be gone.

samanthajay
11-24-2004, 03:35 AM
im greatfull for my family my friends my girlfriend my dada pulling through surgrey and i pry for my grand father for his surgery on friday. :)

Tristen Cox
11-24-2004, 04:58 AM
I am thankful for the lovely and joyful times in my life. I am thankful for the friends I have made here this year and those I have had throughout my life. I am thankful for the love that fills my heart, the air I breathe, the warmth of the sun, the cool breeze that blows from the sky down upon me, and the food I have to eat each and everyday. I am thankful that God has blessed me with a loving mother. I am thankful for the shelter over my head and the earth I walk on. Most of all I am thankful for the person whom my heart has touched, and the love she has returned.

I am thankful to know you all and share each day with you...*smiles*

Love to all,
Tristen Cox

HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY

Starluscious
11-24-2004, 11:37 AM
Thank you all girls

I wanted some support again since I haven't gotten some in a while
that
and I always wanted to know what everyone was greatful for
that's lovely they survived girls
i'm hoping my grandpa survives too
this is his 3rd strangulated hernia. and I don't think the doctor did the stitches right
cuz they stayed for 8 months. and then bust open and now grandpa has to go back. he didn't stretch too far either. I was there helping him. and I saw what he did. he just went carefully to hop into bed and the stitches burst. my uncle richie called the doctor and now he's going to get another strangulated hernia removed. pray he lives. I need everyone's prayers besides my own. and girls please give me more support on this site. I feel left out at times and it's really unfair. I'm trying to be as supportive here as I can between working and practicing band demos, and doing math apprenticeship work . so I"ll do my best

love
Starluscious

Wendy me
11-24-2004, 01:32 PM
i am thankfull for my family, freinds, for wendy being tough enough to stay alive in this boady and make it through the struggles of the past and push to the future what ever it may be

AND I AM THANK FULL FOR ALL YOU GIRLS OUT THEIR FOR BEING THEIR FOR ME
LOVE YOU ALL SISTERS AND GIRLFREINDS

Marlene4a
11-24-2004, 10:59 PM
I want to say Star, that I will stand by you in prayer the best I can.
I know what you are going through, and you don't have to go through it alone. I want to take the liberty in telling you, that you have many close friends here and none of us ever want you to feel there is no support for you, or you are left out.

I would like to thank you for this valuable thread that you are the author of.
Without you....none of us would have reached down in our minds like we have so far, and reflected for a moment, how blessed we are and how much we have to be thankful for.

Like JennyCD said, that she ( and I ) are even thankful for the adverse things that happens to us in life. They are certainley no fun to go through at the time, and I am not saying I want more of it, but these things make us stronger and more adept for life here on earth.
No, again I do not favor adversity but they have a certain place in our lives, from the standpoint that, when we come out of these things, then, and only then, we are able to help someone that might be going through the same thing, and all the dilemmas we immersed from, so that now they can see our strengh and how we came out of the situation. Therefore, it is now presumabley easy for them to draw strength from that.

I know, I know, I have asked myself a hundred times that while going through problems, "what good can come out of this"?

But I am always pleasantly surprised later on.

You are a very valuable person to all of us Star.

Thank you again for this great thread.

Love

Sharon
11-25-2004, 12:30 AM
Starluscious:
You and your grandfather will be in my thoughts. Just concentrate on those most important to you and don't worry about us, we're here for you whenever you need us.
Love,
Sharon

Nikki A.
11-25-2004, 01:37 AM
I am thankful for a wonderful wife even though she may not understand or approve of my dressing. Also my two wonderful, smart kids who I hope will grow into understanding adults.
I'm also thankful for finding this site where I can share my exploration of my soul with you great people. Glad that Jen is doing OK after that altercation in Milwakee and to the rest of you who have grown in the last year.
One thing that that I do want to get off my chest though, In a previous post I was kind of ripped for trolling for business. It was not meant that way and I do appreciate that fractlgrrl in particular and others did come to my defense, I was hurt by some of the other comments though. Anyway it's over now and I just want to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving and an exciting Black Friday (boo hoo I have to work).

KewTnCurvy GG
11-25-2004, 05:17 AM
Wow! Many tender and beautiful things you all write about. Very sweet and touching. I'm thankful for many of the same things. Too numerous to mention all. Since I've met Sherlyn, especially, I have thought many times of the little things in life. It touches my heart and fills me with joy. It's amazing how love helps us to be more open, our hearts no longer a door but a window.

Loving thoughts to my friends and extended family here.

Peace, love and hugs
kew