PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing for a Healthier Lifestyle!!

Karren H
06-19-2006, 09:47 PM
So here I set, out on a business trip with 13 coworkers, and were eating at a local resturant. And I realize that I'm eating healthier that all these guys!! And the main reason I am eating that way is because I want to fit into my size 10 dress! I even ate fruit on the plane while they were scarfing down donuts for breakfast. Plus while on the mine tour today, I volunteered to walk the 9 miles of underground belt lines so I could get more exersize. All because I want to maintain my girlish figure!! So for me, crossdressing has changed my eating and exersize habits in a positive way. While waiting to go underground I ran into an old friend and the first thing he said was "Damn, you look great!". Couldn't tell him the real reason but I could have kissed him on the spot! Hehehe. So, I think look better and feel great!!

So how has crossdressing affected you healthy lifestyle?

Love Karren

DeniseNY
06-19-2006, 09:57 PM
I must admit, it did the same for me. I began watching what I ate, cut out pork, started exercising more, playing basketball, walking when I could ride. Voila! It took about six years, but I took off 16 lbs and kept them off - until I met my SO and stopped dressing as much. So yes, there are health benefits to our lifestyle. :)

GabrielleS
06-19-2006, 10:02 PM
Well girls, it's the same with me...put on a nice dress and those love handles just don't fit in. Like you Karren, I've been eating a whole lot healthier. Salads for lunch, salads for dinner, though I occassionally treat myself to a no no - like the chocolate milkshake this eve . Boy do I feel guilty ;-}. I'll exercise a little bit more tomorrow morning!

jillinla
06-19-2006, 10:03 PM
Karen, You walked 9 miles in a mine Girl?

Your're a better man - erp - woman than me love

(in heels would have been a real challenge)

Karren H
06-19-2006, 10:21 PM
Karen, You walked 9 miles in a mine Girl?

Your're a better man - erp - woman than me love

(in heels would have been a real challenge)

Well it did take 5 hours. And my new $150 mining boots were rubbing bad. So the whole time I kept thinking how nice a pair of heels would feel right now. LOL.

Love Kerren

Kristen Kelly
06-19-2006, 10:58 PM
If you want to look like a woman, you must eat like a woman. I've lost 30 lbs because I wanted to look better dressed, and feel great, planing on loosing another 25 by summers end. I eat heathier take better care of my skin, exercise more, want buns of steel, Why so when I dress I look better. But I have noticed in drab how much better I look, and do love the new ME.

Rickie
06-19-2006, 11:04 PM
I've lost 10lbs in the last 2 weeks and about 2" off my waist. This is do to eating better and excerising. Its funny I never really thought of my waistline in till I started to dress.

:hugs:
Rickie

steffie39
06-19-2006, 11:07 PM
I've lost about 50 lbs in the last year. I was 225 but am now 175 and about a 10/12 dress size. I'd say 30 of those 50 lbs lost can be attributed to Steffie. Everyone who knows me as male says I am thin now but I think I'd actually like to get into the 150's or at least 160's. However, I haven't dressed in about a week and haven't lost anything in that time. Further evidence to get back into crossdressing again I guess.:D

Steffie

Barb Valentine
06-19-2006, 11:08 PM
I just love food too much
But I'm so happy for all of yous :thumbsup:

michelle19845
06-19-2006, 11:09 PM
i eat more cautiously.i don't eat pork,reduce all meats.don't eat fast food.take vitamins and walk more these days.i'm on the border of a 10/11 in pants.makes me feel good about myself when i can shop in the petite area of the store.

michelle19845

Eugenie
06-20-2006, 01:22 AM
I'm also very carefull with my diet. I lost about 90 pounds the last couple of years, I'm still slightly overweight. However, my desire to look feminine keeps me from losing more weight... How's that? you may ask.

Well, as I've said several time this little bit of overweight enables me to keep enough breasts, with the help of some pectoral exercizes and a push up bra, so that my cleavage is credible enough... I fill up nicely a 38 D Bra and wouldn't want to lose that :heehee:

But yes, I would still like to lose some weight around my waist :o but without losing my breasts... Any hints appreciated...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Angie G
06-20-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm with you Barb but I'm trying.
Angie G:o

Emily Ann Brown
06-20-2006, 03:59 PM
I changed my eating habits to lose 30 lbs....was well worth it too!

Emily Ann

Marla S
06-20-2006, 04:00 PM
Well, I just started to go for a very moderate 24/7. Lost 10 lbs since, eat healthier, care more for my body, go by bicycle instead by subway. Just feel better.
Only thing that didn't change is that I still smoke.

So I'd say CDing is physically healthy, but can be mentally harmfull :D

pedebra
06-20-2006, 04:18 PM
Well, I wasn't that heavy to begin with but noticed that I was beginning to accumulate around the middle. I now walk two miles every morning before work and virtually eliminated beef, pork and fast foods from my diet. Down 10pounds in the middle.

Scrunchie-Bunchie
06-20-2006, 05:05 PM
My wife decided to go on a diet and told me I needed to lose weight too. At my worst I was 38" waist. I was 34" when we met and I'm hoping to get back to 34" so that I can again wear my purple skirt.

trannie T
06-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Just one more motivation to maintain a healthier lifestyle. I've been at it for about a month and am beginning to see and feel results. If I'm successful I'm going to need a new wardrobe, or two new wardrobes, hia and hers.

Jodi
06-20-2006, 07:19 PM
I have worked to maintain my weight at about 150#. I have noticed that the one item that would put on weight fast was beer, so have cut back on that for years. I also ride my bike frequently. I have a 31" waist and want to maintain it. Just have to do things to keep the metabolism working fast.

Jodi

toniloraine
06-20-2006, 07:24 PM
i wanted this really pretty denim skirt, so my wife bought it for me, 2 sizes to small, sher said if i really want it ill lose enough to fit into it. im working hard believe me.:D

christine55
06-20-2006, 08:36 PM
Well it did take 5 hours. And my new $150 mining boots were rubbing bad. So the whole time I kept thinking how nice a pair of heels would feel right now. LOL.

Love Kerren

I'll bet you'd have amputated your feet if you had walked nine miles in your heels.
Hugs, Christine

KateW
06-20-2006, 09:04 PM
Could some of you please talk me through what you typically eat on a daily basis? I am desperate to loose weight, and could do with some more detailed examples to follow.

Many thanks! xxx

Karren H
06-20-2006, 09:15 PM
Could some of you please talk me through what you typically eat on a daily basis? I am desperate to loose weight, and could do with some more detailed examples to follow.

Many thanks! xxx

I typically eat nothing or a bowl of Special K for breakfast, yogart and an apple sauce to lunch and a regular meal for dinner. And the main rules are; portion control, no snacking after dinner and lower fat snacks during the day, like twizlers or a granola bar. Not a candy bar or chocolate. ok once in a while treat your self!!! and the biggy....exersize, exersize, exersize!!! You'll plataue if your only dieting since you body will adjust to your new lower calory intake. You need to burn off extra calories every day. Ice hockey and crawling around in underground coal mines works for me!! lol But may not be for everyone.....or for that manor, anyone! hehehe

Love Karren

bridgetm2f
06-21-2006, 12:33 AM
I never got to the point where I had any more than 10 pounds to lose but I started running 3 years ao because I realized I was eating poorly and not doing any exercise to maintain my weight. What I usuall do during the day is something like a bowlo of cheerios or egg beaters for breakfast, lunch is usually a salad and soup, and dinner is whatever seemingly healthy thing I can find siting around. In regards to watching extras try to skip the dressing with the salad because a load of ranch can negate the salad, skip the soda, and drink light beer. I run usually about 30 miles a week because it is my quickest way to work, but if you are new to working out just start at 2 miles and add a block a week or something like that. It is really amazing how you can start at something very difficult like jogging and walking 2 miles and work up to the point where running 2 miles is a joke. Also, try to work out in the morning because it supposedly increases your etabolism plus I have found that I am much less stressed when I run before work.

tekla west
06-21-2006, 12:41 AM
I walk. I love to walk. I love to walk dressed. Five to seven miles at a shot. Often up to 15 miles a day. On show days I've walked 27 in a day, mostly in the theatre. (I have a ped deal and it keeps count for me.) Keeps my legs nice for sure, and keeps the weight down.

Kate Simmons
06-21-2006, 04:34 AM
No doubt about it Karren, CDing keeps you young for sure. Ericka

wendy
06-21-2006, 08:02 AM
karen,
i think you may have a good point; i find myself motivated to hit the gym on a regular basis and watch what i eat (ie. keep sugar intake to a minimum) just so I can fit into my clothing comfortably. While yes a girdle will help tuck things in, extra body fat will make things more uncomfortable, keeping 'fit' I find helps wearing girdles alot more easier to take, plus it is more comfortable.:D

NatalieBliss
06-21-2006, 10:31 AM
If there is any better motivator to lose weight than a slinky dress... I have not found it!

Lisa Golightly
06-21-2006, 11:15 AM
After a bottle of wine and a large pizza I tend to have a slash at my legs with a razor... Following the mopping up of various cuts I wander out to the bar and in my drunken state twist my ankle in these stupid 4" heels... Damned dangerous business this crossdressing lark! :)

Lacamas
06-21-2006, 12:09 PM
I know what you mean. In 1999 i was a womans size 20 at 230lbs. Now in 2006 i can get into a misses 14. At my last weigh in i was at 186lbs.
It is the better food and exercise and the desire for better looking clothing that keep me going.

Kaitlyn Michele
06-21-2006, 03:25 PM
karen

i've lost 45 lbs since last summer...in the end my motivation is to look good in a dress!!!!

the lengths i go to avoid even approaching the real reason is funny!!

Katrina
06-21-2006, 03:51 PM
Karen,
I know what you mean. I have been more careful about what I eat. I have always been lean, but in the last few years I started to put on a few pounds around the waist. I have started to jog regularly and I definately eat better now.

My diet:
Bowl of cheerios in the morning for breakfast.
Leftovers from previous night dinner or a turkey sandwich and crackers for lunch along with "fruit mush"*.
Sensible dinner usually consisting of some sort of chicken.
Nothing within two hours of bed time.
Lots of water during the day and any time I have a hankering for a sweet, I pop in some gum. No chips, very rarely eat fast food, etc.

*Fruit mush - blended mixture (food processor) of 3 apples, a heaping cup of strawberries (with green stuff removed), some pineapple, some grapes, and some blue berries. Put in a food processor and chop up until you have a soupy mush of reddish stuff. Divide that amount by 4 or 5 servings and put into freezable containers. Stick in freezer and freeze over night. Bring to work next day in insulated lunch box. By lunch time, it is the consistency of ice cream and very tasty. Yummy. My SO got the idea from a recipe book which called it a fruit salsa.

JoannaDees
06-21-2006, 05:17 PM
I sure do wish to be smaller. I cannot do anything about height or the size of my feet or shoulders, but slimmer. It is a much greater drive to want femme slim than guy slim. It drives me, but Ms Food is such a temptress! I love food. Mmmmmmmmmmmm .... fooooooooooooooooood. I hate food! OMG! That's crazy! That IS, like, femme, right? <saying sorry to GG's for the stereotype>

jenny sissey
06-21-2006, 05:40 PM
i wiss i could lose wight but i eat all the wrong food.I dont like the things that help you lose the pounds,i can't eat salards as it makes me feel sick,cannot eat paster or rice so i'm stuk with a beer belly(but i don't drink)i'm 5ft6ins and way 13stone can anybody recomend any thing i could eat i love all meats.jenny sissey:hugs:

suzanne claire
06-21-2006, 05:53 PM
I really agree a with you that it is excellent motivation to look good in a new dress. I have a home gym with a Bowflex and a treadmill,plus swim after work .It also took hiring a personal trainer to get and keep me going .My weight was reduced but my blood pressure went down siginificently,all because of crossdressing. Perhaps we could put together the crossdresser`s plan to weight reduction and good health.It might be the next great health fad.:D

Karren H
06-21-2006, 07:00 PM
I really agree a with you that it is excellent motivation to look good in a new dress. I have a home gym with a Bowflex and a treadmill,plus swim after work .It also took hiring a personal trainer to get and keep me going .My weight was reduced but my blood pressure went down siginificently,all because of crossdressing. Perhaps we could put together the crossdresser`s plan to weight reduction and good health.It might be the next great health fad.:D

Yeah!!! I can see it now!! Bally's Fitness Center - Crosstraining and crossdressing your way to a healthier you!!! hehehe

Sign Me Up!!!!!

Love Karren

Karren H
06-22-2006, 06:38 AM
I sure do wish to be smaller. I cannot do anything about height or the size of my feet or shoulders, but slimmer. It is a much greater drive to want femme slim than guy slim. It drives me, but Ms Food is such a temptress! I love food. Mmmmmmmmmmmm .... fooooooooooooooooood. I hate food! OMG! That's crazy! That IS, like, femme, right? <saying sorry to GG's for the stereotype>

I think if we spin this to the public properly that we can be bigger (no pun intended) than Weight Watchers!!!!! CD Watchers? Hmmmmmm T-girl Watchers? Local chapters at all the big corporations. Lunch time meetings.....and you have to dress up to weigh in!! May be a whole new market for ultra-light weight breast forms! hehehe

Love Karren

Kara Alexia
06-22-2006, 07:31 AM
Reading this topic has made me think twice about a lot of things. I must lose a little weight as some of the prettiest dresses out there are too small for me. I do believe, however, that I can persevere and fit into the prettiest and pinkest dress out there! :p

~Kara~

connie rotten
06-22-2006, 07:54 AM
I saw some intresting reactions at the gym I attend when a blatanly gay cardio trainer asked some age showing men if he could help them with there ab work out.One commented his wife was shaped like that when he first fell in love with her. His buddy replied she was never that pretty. As I heard them I looked in the mirror smiling back at my then size 8 self thinking I could show you shaply & pretty.
Gosh I miss wearing size 8. I'm up to a 12 now. Is Curves transgender friendly?
Fun thread Karen you are the life of the party for me:lovestruck:

Margaret
06-22-2006, 08:36 AM
I think measuring and targetting weight loss in terms of dress sizes is a greater motivator than pounds or kilos. I have dropped two dress sizes through diet and exercise; size 22 down to 18. At one stage some size 16s looked good. My target is size 14 in a tall fitting and a smaller girdle!http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/images/smilies/happy.gif

tifftg
06-22-2006, 12:49 PM
I am down 25 pounds and trying to lose another 5. My main mental focus has been the wonderful feeling going from 18W to size 12 jeans. My goal is to get to the lovely size 10 that Karen has already mastered. Eating healthy and for the most part cutting out chocalate. My absolute weakness.

Tiff

Karren H
06-23-2006, 11:05 AM
I was just chatting with Emily Ann and we have touched on this before....but we seem to drive safer while dressed enfemme than when not!! Be it so as to not be pulled over while dressed or to spend more fem time, we drive slower and obey the rules of the road! So given this, we should get better insurance rates when driving enfemme!! But guess you have to out yourself to your insurance agent to get the good rate!! Damn...Always a catch! Hehehe

Love Karren

Andi-Girl
06-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Karen-I know what you mean, I wish I could tell people my real motivation for my new eating habits and work out regime. When I started I was a tight size 20 and now I am well on the way to my size 14 goal. I actually feel better and the high that you get when you can fit into that special skirt goes a long way.
Andi

connie rotten
06-23-2006, 02:46 PM
I was just chatting with Emily Ann and we have touched on this before....but we seem to drive safer while dressed enfemme than when not!! Be it so as to not be pulled over while dressed or to spend more fem time, we drive slower and obey the rules of the road! So given this, we should get better insurance rates when driving enfemme!! But guess you have to out yourself to your insurance agent to get the good rate!! Damn...Always a catch! Hehehe

Love KarrenIf they knew I was driving my truck in a minidress and Spiga 5" pumps I'd get a rate hike I am sure of it.:heehee:

Karren H
06-24-2006, 07:58 AM
If they knew I was driving my truck in a minidress and Spiga 5" pumps I'd get a rate hike I am sure of it.:heehee:

So now I know why all those truckers are looking down into my car while I'm dressed enfemme, not to check out the cute chick, to see what type of shoes I have on and how my heels compare to theirs??? hehehe

Love Karen

Karren H
07-04-2006, 11:09 AM
Just an update.......Sunday on my business trip, Karren had fruit for dinner and a couple diet cokes.......Non_Karren ate like a pig on the trip home on Monday but all and all, lost 2 pounds over the weekend and got into my size 9 skirt again!!!

Love Karren

typical_guy
07-04-2006, 11:27 AM
I'm not sure but are jeans and dress sizes the same? I have the young metabolism still so I'm fairly thin. In addition to the metabolism, I also try to watch my food intake so I can stay thin (as many of you do). I eat NOTHING for breakfast (well technically I drink a can of coke). For lunch I almost always eat soup or a salad. For dinner I usually eat whatever I want but often times I just end up eating a sandwich I prepare myself and drink water with it.

Anyway, I'm 5'9, 145lbs, 26 years old. I used to be 160lbs but I didn't feel comfortable at that weight and lost 5 pounds down to 155. Then I got a job and moved to Maryland from Austin Texas and I lost another 10 pounds over 3 months. I think all the BBQ and mexican food was really doing it. I'm visiting family in Austin for the 4th so I expect that when I go back to Maryland I'll probably have gained some weight back cause I've been pigging out.

So anyway, onto my question: I wear a size 7/8 in Aeropostale low rise jeans (and boy does my butt look nice!), are women's dresses the same sizes? I think I wear a size 6 in their denim mini-skirt.

Karren H
07-04-2006, 11:39 AM
I'm not sure but are jeans and dress sizes the same? I have the young metabolism still so I'm fairly thin. In addition to the metabolism, I also try to watch my food intake so I can stay thin (as many of you do). I eat NOTHING for breakfast (well technically I drink a can of coke). For lunch I almost always eat soup or a salad. For dinner I usually eat whatever I want but often times I just end up eating a sandwich I prepare myself and drink water with it.

Anyway, I'm 5'9, 145lbs, 26 years old. I used to be 160lbs but I didn't feel comfortable at that weight and lost 5 pounds down to 155. Then I got a job and moved to Maryland from Austin Texas and I lost another 10 pounds over 3 months. I think all the BBQ and mexican food was really doing it. I'm visiting family in Austin for the 4th so I expect that when I go back to Maryland I'll probably have gained some weight back cause I've been pigging out.

So anyway, onto my question: I wear a size 7/8 in Aeropostale low rise jeans (and boy does my butt look nice!), are women's dresses the same sizes? I think I wear a size 6 in their denim mini-skirt.

They are close depending on the mfg and cut. I'm 5' 10" and 170ish and wear a 10 or a 12. Probably need to go try one on for sure.....go to Kohl's or another store that doesn't have assisted dressing rooms and grab a few dresses and some male clothes and head for the mens dressing room!! Take a few different sizes.. Most CDs take smaller skirt sizes than they do dress sizes due to the larger upper body than most females. Have fun!!

Ohhh BTW, real women don't wear jeans!!! hehehe Ok, real woman want-a-be's then.....

Love Karren