PDA

View Full Version : Makeup and Heat

Karren H
06-19-2006, 10:12 PM
Anyone know what high tempuratures does to your makeup? Not while on your face but when exposed to high heat. I'm traveling in southern Illinois this week and threw my suitcase in the car and left it there all day. At 10am I went out to get some documents and when I opened the car it must have been 120 degrees in there. So I'm crawling around underground all day and all I can think about is my makeup up there melting in the hot car. When we finally got to the hotel I placed my makeup kit on the air conditioner so its cooling as I'm writing this. So....what is the long term impact to my makeup? Its sooo expensive that I don't really want to replace all my makeup!!

Love Karren

GabrielleS
06-19-2006, 10:17 PM
I travelled to Arizona (100+ temps) but got in Sunday eve and didn't have to leave it in the car! You have to let us know -- I may start running into the same problem if I start coming here on Monday morning -- all my stuff will be awaiting for me in the car all day!

jo_ann
06-19-2006, 10:36 PM
yeah it's amazing what heat does to stuff, especially in a hot car where it gets up to 180 degrees farenheit.. I've had a plastic snoring device melt (brought it with to get adjusted).. also really messes with liquid crystal (leave your phone in the car sometime).

michelle19845
06-19-2006, 10:45 PM
i know it don't feel good when it's on your face and you sweat you feel like a puzzle that just disconnected all it's pieces !it's nervewrecking.

michelle19845

DonnaT
06-20-2006, 01:07 AM
Herman Munster comes to mind :evil:

Christina Nicole
06-20-2006, 04:30 AM
Powder makeup, like Bare Escentuals and Jane Iredale (there are other brands) are 100% mineral powders. That makes them immune to heat. I also have better success wearing them on hot days.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Kate Simmons
06-20-2006, 04:55 AM
You should probably get some of those cool packs Karren. You know like you use for picnics and things to keep things cold when you are outdoors in the summer? Put them in the bag with your makeup. Ericka

GG Vanya
06-20-2006, 07:55 AM
I would imagine the lipSTICKS are now lipPUDDLES. And I concur on Bare Essentials...I've even tried mine on Trudi. Contrary to what you'd assume, they really DO cover well. They 'breathe' also...no clogging pores, and no 'sweat through'.

RikkiOfLA
06-20-2006, 08:34 AM
Next time, you might try bringing your suitcase inside the building. Just tell them you have some medicine or presents for your wife that you picked up at the airport that might get damaged in the heat outside. Tell them it doesn't need refrigeration, just can't handle the high heat. Alternatively, you might be able to leave your car window open a crack--that might help.

Rikki

Ranee Daze
06-20-2006, 11:03 AM
The cold pack is a great idea. It would keep your liner usable as well. Throw in an ice tea cooler....

SherriePall
06-20-2006, 03:56 PM
Karren -- I'm just surprised that you didn't throw your makeup into your purse and take it down into the mine with you.
Seriously, a cold pack helps on a hot day. I actually had the foresight to do that last June on a hot day when I was going to skip work early to dress. Kept things fine til I got to the motel to change. And it sure beat taking my makeup case in to work with me.

MsEva
06-21-2006, 07:11 PM
You should probably get some of those cool packs Karren. You know like you use for picnics and things to keep things cold when you are outdoors in the summer? Put them in the bag with your makeup. Ericka

Those East Stroud girls are SOOOO smart..! Way to go Ericka!

Karren H
06-21-2006, 07:47 PM

I agree, great idea!!

PS, after setting in the car, and being near 100 degrees outside, for most of the day....I found that there appeared to be no damage to any makeup? I would have thought that things would have been a runny mess, but i was wrong. They may not last as long, but then again I do love to buy new makeup!!! hehehe

Love Karren