PDA

View Full Version : Today's shopping

Emma England
06-20-2006, 01:09 PM
This afternoon, I went to Boots (a drugstore in the UK) to buy a few beauty products. Was low on moisturising lotion anyway. Also some lipsalves, some Nair hair removal cream (just wondering whether it is really any good at all?).

Lastly some lipstick (in Diva red, which is a slightly dark shade of red). This is the reason for my post. I have never bought makeup before. It was kind of exciting. Don't know why as it's an everyday product for women. Only problem was, when I got home, I only dropped it on the carpet! :mad: The pointed tip is blunt now, but still got plenty left. :o

When I was young, I used to think cosmetics were just a way of making money out of women (as most look attractive enough without any). But realise that to look feminine, make-up is essential really.

Only trouble is, I don't have a clue what to buy, or where to seek advice.

Oh almost forgot about my other shopping. A black satin lace trimmed bra off Ebay. Only £1.99 including shipping - bargain or what? :thumbsup: :D

MistyCD
06-20-2006, 01:48 PM
see if there is an Avon catalog or dealer in your area. They usually show what is popular.

hugs misty

Siobhan Marie
06-20-2006, 01:53 PM
see if there is an Avon catalog or dealer in your area. They usually show what is popular.

hugs misty

Misty, have tried that one myself, even to the point that I've emailed Avon myself, have had a reply and am still waiting for a rep to make contact.

:hugs: Anna x

VeronicaMoonlit
06-20-2006, 05:04 PM
This is the reason for my post. I have never bought makeup before. It was kind of exciting. Don't know why as it's an everyday product for women.

yay, kudos, happy dance

Only trouble is, I don't have a clue what to buy, or where to seek advice.

Get thee to the Beauty Club forum here. That's a start. Then you get to do your homework. Then you might want to go to a Sephora, MAC store/counter, or other department store makeup counter.

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

jenny_centaur
06-20-2006, 06:25 PM
I don't have a clue what to buy, or where to seek advice.
I suggest you buy a makeup kit from Boots - everything you need (except foundation) in one nice little case. You'll have your mascara, eye shadow, lippy, lip pencil etc..

Also from Boots, you can buy Couvrance (foundation) which will completely hide your stubble. You need to get it matched to your skin tone, but as I've suggested to others, tell the girl on the counter you're playing the Dame in a Christmas panto, and she'll get the makeup expert to select the the right shade for you.

The Lancome guides on makeup application are excellent:
http://www.lancome.co.uk/_en/_gb/applications/index.aspx?section=MAQUILLAGE&

Jenny x