PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving wishes

Sharon
11-24-2004, 10:36 AM
I just want to post my wish for everyone to have a very Happy Thanksgiving! For you non-American girls, I likewise wish a very happy day!
For those of you traveling to be with loved ones, please drive carefully!

Love to all,
Sharon

Julie
11-24-2004, 12:31 PM
From this side of the puddle I echo Sharon's sentiments. Over here tomorrow is a normal working day so whilst you're celebrating I'll be grafting away.

JJ

DonnaT
11-24-2004, 12:32 PM
Thank you Sharon and I'll echo those wishes back at you and to everyone else.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_5_11.gif

Fiona K
11-24-2004, 12:55 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to our all American Girls!! :D
Have fun and enjoy the turkey!!!!
Love Fiona

DonnaT
11-24-2004, 02:52 PM
Drive Safe Jenny

Wendy me
11-24-2004, 03:02 PM
sharon thank you and all the best to you and yours.
to all you girls everywere a wounderful day to you all

Sweet Susan
11-24-2004, 03:36 PM
Be sure and eat too much. :p

Stephanie Brooks
11-24-2004, 05:04 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to our American sisters!!!

Happy Thursday to our non-American sisters!!!

*BIG HUGGLES*

Wenda
11-24-2004, 07:16 PM
Thanks, and best wishes to you all. As the load I picked up is over weight on the drive axles, I'll be taking advantage of the holiday to get as far as I can as fast as I can while the scales are closed down.:)
Good luck, babe. remember the dave dudley song " well, my load's a little over weight, and my log book's a day behind.." I have spent some time at scales across the continent. burn a little diesel, have a little fun! wenda.

Ashleigh
11-24-2004, 07:19 PM
Happy Thanksgiving To All. :d

Wenda
11-24-2004, 07:28 PM
I think that Thanksgiving, per se, is unique to the USA and Canada. In Canada, we celebrate it in October, when the weather is likely to be more predictable. Not sure about the history of the date. The holiday is significant, but not as big as 'turkey day' as some of my US friends call it. For me, it is usually the long weekend that I go to the lake and winterize the cabin. (so, it can be a bit of a downer) Any event that celebrates family is a good thing. Happy Tday,,,turkey day, thursday, trannie day... whatever.. wenda. btw, does anybody else celebrate Labour Day (Labor in USA) on the first weekend in September? Never thought of it before. Now that I ponder upon it a bit, canusa/usacan is the only place that makes a big deal out of st Patrick's day, Valentine's day and Hallowe'en, right? so, does that make us amero-centric? god, all this thinking...I need a beer..wenda.

Andy1087
11-24-2004, 09:14 PM
Wishing all my friends here a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.

Andrew

StephanieCD
11-24-2004, 09:49 PM
You learn something new every day I guess!

It never occurred to me that Thanksgiving is, by definition, American. I just never thought of it. I know the story and all... just never thought about it. Proves my citizenship, however. Damn.

Julie
11-25-2004, 02:29 AM
I never expected to see so many girls logged in this morning, I thought you'd be getting your beauty sleep before the busy day ahead. Have a really good day and don't over eat, what fits you today just might not tomorrow. :)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

JJ

Stephanie Brooks
11-25-2004, 02:46 AM
I never expected to see so many girls logged in this morning, I thought you'd be getting your beauty sleep before the busy day ahead. Have a really good day and don't over eat, what fits you today just might not tomorrow. :)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

JJ
Hi Julie!

It's 2:45AM here. Beauty sleep? Ha ha ha ha!!!!! I'd need to hibernate to take the edges off of Ugly. :eek:

Thanks for the holiday wishes, and I hope your day is equally as fine!!!!

Marlene4a
11-25-2004, 02:46 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all everywhere.

DanaJ
11-25-2004, 07:58 AM
I echo everyone's sentiments here - Happy Thanksgiving!

The down side for me is I had to file my nails back a bit and take the shine off too :( The last thing I need today is a family fight when someone notices my nails and wants to make a nasty comment...

DanaJ

Sharon
11-25-2004, 09:25 AM
Oh the things we do to ourselves! File our nails? What next? Let facial hair grow unabated?
Happy Thanksgiving all!!!

Georgette
11-25-2004, 09:40 AM
Yes to all our sisters out there I am up early because I have to do the cooking, I really enjoy that though. The only down side is I have to be in boy clothes ALL DAY what a bummer,going to have company all day so won't be able to be who I want to be, haven't come out to the ones that will be here, and I don't want to do it just yet. :(
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERBODY. :)
Georgette

wilma
11-25-2004, 10:03 AM
To all my sisters have a verry happy day. My first Thanksgiving dressed. Share the love I've seen in our group. We have plunty to be thankful for. Have a wonderful turkey dinner and don't put a run in your nylons. Huggs and Kisses

rachel_jean
11-25-2004, 10:38 AM
Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving Day.

As bad as things may be, or seem to be, I'm sure we all have something
to be thankful for, I know I do. (sounds like a topic for another thread)

Rachel Jean

Jen_TGCD
11-25-2004, 11:12 AM
To everyone...

Thanks... for Giving ! ! !

Global Harmony is still possible!
:) :) :)

KirlaGG
11-25-2004, 12:05 PM
Hau'oli La Ho'omaika'i = Happy Thanksgiving :-)

Hope you all have a happy day with those near and dear to you. Sunrise here now in Hawai'i. It looks like a good day to gobble gobble. When I lived on Kaua'i we would pack up our thanksgiving dinner, soup to nuts, and go to Polihale beach for a thanksgiving picnic. Those were wonderful and fun days. May your holiday also be a wonderful and fun day, too.

Aloha pumehana,

KirlaGG

Bonnie-OR
11-25-2004, 12:49 PM
Hi all, just getting ready to leave for my brothers house in a few minutes, and wanted to wish you all a great Thanksgiving. Bummer though, gotta work tomorrow. Can't eat too much or else I won't be able to function. That will help keep the waistline in check tho. Huge Huggs to all. and drive safely if you're heading out. Bonnie

Rachel Ann
11-25-2004, 01:44 PM
And a happy thanksgiving to all :)

Tristen Cox
11-25-2004, 03:17 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to one and all no matter where you are ;)

*Big Hugs* to everyone

Tristen Cox

Stephanie Brooks
11-25-2004, 06:08 PM

Hope you all have a happy day with those near and dear to you. Sunrise here now in Hawai'i. It looks like a good day to gobble gobble. When I lived on Kaua'i we would pack up our thanksgiving dinner, soup to nuts, and go to Polihale beach for a thanksgiving picnic. Those were wonderful and fun days. May your holiday also be a wonderful and fun day, too.

Aloha pumehana,

KirlaGG
Thank you Kirla! Hau'oli La Ho'omaika'i to you too. :)

Here on the east coast, the sun is long gone. The moon is trying to peak through the clouds. It was a good day here. I hope the day is equally as good in Hawaii!!!

And welcome to the forum!!!!!!!! Of course you know you're now an unwitting captive. People come to the forum and never want to leave. May you enjoy this little place!!!!!!! :D

Sharon
11-26-2004, 01:04 AM

Aloha pumehana,

KirlaGG

I say we all share Thanksgiving in Hawaii next year! Sounds wonderful!
What do you say Kirla? You have room for a couple dozen girls?

Marlene4a
11-26-2004, 02:36 AM
This has been a great day for me that will go down in the books or "times of history" of a wonderful thanksgiving.

It was just the two of us ( Joanie and Me. My little Irish doll)
I hugged her after the dinner and called her my "little hobbit", after the movie "Lord of the Rings".
My "little doll" is only 5'1-1/2" tall, and I tower over her at 6'4" on stocking feet. ( Oh, don't kid yourself, her "Irish" can get up, and especially when she yells at me in Gaiellic !!)
This little wonder created a wonderful dinner for this big oafff!!

I was so grateful this year.

Me