PDA

View Full Version : glasses

privateperks
06-21-2006, 10:31 AM
Well, the headaches have started up again so I think it's time to get a check up and change my perscription. It's been a few years so probably not a bad idea.

In any case, I want to get something a bit less neutral (I have silver wire frames at the moment) and go for something more male looking.

Is there any kind of glasses frames that you think are more male looking than others?

I just have this nightmare of winding up with something like the pair I had when I was 8 which were a smaller copy of my grandmothers giant lenses pink tinted 70's glasses.

CaptLex
06-21-2006, 10:48 AM
Well, the headaches have started up again so I think it's time to get a check up and change my perscription. It's been a few years so probably not a bad idea.

In any case, I want to get something a bit less neutral (I have silver wire frames at the moment) and go for something more male looking.

Is there any kind of glasses frames that you think are more male looking than others?

I just have this nightmare of winding up with something like the pair I had when I was 8 which were a smaller copy of my grandmothers giant lenses pink tinted 70's glasses.
Don't know what the fashion is in Waffle Land, dude, but I'm guessing they're probably not too different from most other places. Most of the guys in my group wear rectangular-shaped glasses (mostly black and mostly plastic frames).

Of course, I don't like to wear what everyone else has 'cause then I feel like a clone, so mine are somewhere between rectangular and oval shaped, blue metal on top and no frame on the bottom. I also have another pair that's has the lenses held on to the frame with screws and no frame surrounding the lenses at all.

Most of all, I think the frame has to look right for the shape of your face. Try on a few different ones and see what looks best to you - or bring along a friend (with good taste) who will give you an honest opinion. Just stay away from your grandmother's glasses! :eek:

Julie Avery
06-21-2006, 05:58 PM
I would think rimless glasses. Thick black plastic rims, if ya wanna be a geeky guy ;) Male family members of mine who have worn glasses always wanted them to be as unobtrusive as possible, the opposite of a fashion statement. To a genetic male, needing glasses is, on first thought, a kind of inadequacy, so you don't want it to be noticed. (Of course I have never meabled schem....damn this screen is hard to read).......

Doug

Deborah757
06-21-2006, 11:15 PM
http://www.framesdirect.com/cdimages_lg/AUSTJWH1.jpg

These are both unisex and also, at least for me work well in the hyper macho environment I work in.

Marchon M615T

Wren
06-22-2006, 02:19 AM
The manly glasses of one man are the flamboyant glasses of another...

Right now I wear the nerdy thick black framed "Buddy Holly" style glasses and they don't quite make me look manly so much as like a small cute version of Garth Algar. So I suggest going to a place that has that measuring thing that measures the width of your face and then having that number of face-width in hand go around irrespective of type of glasses check them out and fit them to your face. Take a second opinion. Avoid bright patterns and pink, not for any other reason than that very few people pull this off well. *shudders*

sparro
06-23-2006, 12:11 AM
Go for something with a rectangular frame, perhaps. In .. brown? That sounds fairly classy, but the frame will be quite manly. :D