PDA

View Full Version : Asking a GG where she bought something

heathr1
06-21-2006, 04:43 PM
Have you ever asked a GG where she bought a particular item?

Did you say it was for a wife/girlfriend/you...or neither?

I'm asking because a landlady of a local pub has the most lovely PVC 'croc effect' miniskirt and I want one too, but haven't seen her wear it for a few months.

swiss_susan
06-21-2006, 07:41 PM
Just ask her, and if she wants to know be honest

Susan

Billie Renee
06-21-2006, 10:23 PM
I have done this many times and I always start with a complment on how the Item looks on them. then I ask where they got it and if they think they would have it in my size. It is great for startin a conversationwith them and helps you learn a lot about where to shop for those really sexy outfits.0.02

Wenda
06-22-2006, 12:32 AM
Like Billie says, compliment her on her great skirt, say how much it appeals to you or how great it looks, or whatever is honest, then ask, "Where did you find that?" You don't need to imply that it is for your or your sister or your mom, you are just impressed with her taste and want to know where she bought it. I have done it many times. Most women are pleased that your noticed.

Angela Burke
06-22-2006, 12:56 AM
I'm sure she would be flattered at you admiring
her skirt and asking where she got it.
But if you're a bit shy at being so direct you
could always start your query as a "green" subject by,
suggesting that a lot of stores wouldn't sell croc.
items (her skirt might be mock croc. but this would only
confirm your male ignorance!) as they would not be P.C.
It would be easy to slip in a query as to where she
bought her skirt.
Croc. skirts look fantastic, I'd love one, but the
prices are way beyond me.

Marlena Dahlstrom
06-22-2006, 01:25 AM
I agree with Wenda, although sometimes it can be worth mentioning that you'd like it for your wife or girlfriend, because that way it's clear you're not hitting on her.

Nameless For Now
06-22-2006, 06:57 AM
I think a compliment helps, but just showing an interest in what people are wearing, everyone likes a compliment, and a real lady should accept a compliment as it was intended...

"I noticed that lovely skirt you were wearing, was that from X? Were did you get it?"

rather than

"Where did you get that skirt from?"

Many ladies make an effort to dress up and no-one ever notices or compliments them.

heathr1
06-22-2006, 02:03 PM
I've complimented many women on things they have worn, but never asked where they bought them.....until today.

One of my bosses had her hair in a large claw/jaw today and I complimented her on her hair as she rarely wears it up and then asked where she bought the claw.:o

She gladly told me and did not even ask why:happy:

Adrienne Heels
06-22-2006, 07:37 PM
I love to complement GGs on their clothing and style. I give them a nice friendly smile and usually receive one back.

Tiffy
06-23-2006, 09:24 AM
I often ask where they bought something. I often say it is for my wife. But, if she is very pretty or classy I bottle up and can not ask.

April Marie

Anita Mae GG
06-23-2006, 09:55 AM
I would simply tell her you thought it was nice and just ask her where she bought it. Don't worry about her asking you why. If a guy asked me something like that I wouldn't inquire as to why he wanted to know...... You'll be fine :happy:

Sandra
06-23-2006, 10:10 AM
Just ask her, if she asks why.......... well only you can answer that. :)

Emma England
06-23-2006, 11:39 AM
I have not asked this question.

If you have a femme name, you could say that (your femme name) would love to have a nice item of clothing like the one the gg is wearing.

That way, you are not being dishonest, and she would not suspect anything. :happy:

heathr1
06-23-2006, 01:09 PM
OMG!

I've just ''tested the water'' and complimented her on a skirt she was wearing in the pub today.

She was flattered and said it made her day.

I then mentioned that I remember her wearing the croc skirt and I liked that too and she thanked me for the compliment.:happy:

No questions were asked, so in a few weeks I might ask/compliment her on another item of clothing then ask where she bought the PVC skirt.:happy:

Although the store will no longer stock them, at least I will be able to ask if they have any left at their main storeroom to sell.

connie rotten
06-23-2006, 02:38 PM
It seems to me all people around here love to tell their shopping escapades for items they are proud possesers of.

tekla west
06-23-2006, 03:15 PM
I've never told them why I want to know, and none have ever asked. If they did I would tell them the truth, after all, isn't that the only thing you wanted from them? Why not return the favor. If it came up later in the conversation, as it has, I tell them. Its got me into several nice shopping trips.

Girls LOVE to talk about clothes. Its not its like a big deal to them, more like second nature. If you know your terms, designers, stores, sales, all that good stuff, you will do fine. I would even suggest its better to tell her its for you not some other woman, they do so hate to wear what others are wearing. You are no competition for her.

And APRIL MARIE - go ahead and ask the real pretty ones. God knows they never get nice people to talk too. I work in nightclubs and see real drop-dead gorgeous women all the time, and watch the nice guys freeze up like the North Pole. As a result the only people who go up to them are Jerks. So break the trend. Its not like you are asking her to go to bed with you, like the jerks are.

Recently we had Phil Lesh (of the Grateful Dead, quite a big deal in SF) at one of our venues. This time around he has Joan Osborne singing for him. I was in the back the first night talking with a bunch of the girls about how much we just LOVED her dress. (Not the the Dead crowd has been much on fashion or anything.) So when I ran into her then next night I went up to her and said "Oh Miss Joan, could I tell you something?" She gave me this real world-weary look like 'oh no, another picky deadhead here to tell me he didn't like the third verse of Sugar Magnolia' and kind of said "Yes." So I told her how much all of us were just loving her dress. She lit up, threw open her coat and showed it to me. (to my pals behind me it looked like she was flashing me, LOL!) and we began to talk about it. So ya never know.