PDA

View Full Version : Progressions

JoannaDees
06-21-2006, 08:14 PM
I thought I'd make a post pertinent to CDing, rather than tongue in cheek.

Progessions. I remember long ago, just a few trying on of my Mother's clothes. Just passing. Never a thought for so many years, never during the marriages. Well, maybe why can't I find sexy underwear.

Now, divorced again, and a few years ago I tried the full shebang. Wow! It was cool. Then, languishing in the absurd internet and the crazy mind, until I found cd.com. It was nice, a small family. I remember the first time I posted pics, such trama, and yet such support.

Now, I'm so comfy at times. I dress as I feel, no need for full makeup or accutraments (sp?). It's more a I LIKE these clothes. I hate so many ugly men's clothes (shorts! Ugh! Ugly capris!). I don't need full makeup, passing, girl mode. I like what I like. I like these clothes. It's not "girl", it's a preference. Although, there are those times I wanna be really femme with makeup and all, and I do.

I wonder, how have others progressed. Has it been not to girl? Or like myself, not to else, sometimes girl? Is it an OK me thing, or are you still stuck in "OMG, wanna be a girl". Not that I don't go through those I wish I was a woman things (and yes, GG's, only the cute, perfect, symmetrical boobie, fine thighs, ignore the other stuff, girl wish).

Joanna

Phoebe Reece
06-21-2006, 09:01 PM
Joanna, I think it is more a matter of finding where you want to be in life and that is not necessarily a progression. If you think of the many variations of transgender behavior as a kind of spectrum, it is about finding where you are in that spectrum. Some people start off thinking they are one place in that spectrum only to later realize they are somewhere else. I don't see moving to another part of that spectrum as a progression. I see it as just finding what's right for that person. For some it is just about the clothes. For others it is about presenting as closely as a woman as possible. And for still others it may even mean SRS as the correct place for them.

Kate Simmons
06-22-2006, 04:46 AM
Hi Joanna, Everything comes "full circle" I think. I've gone the whole nine yards looking femme. Now I seem to have settled down into a "tomboy" look and wearing guy clothes as Ericka and it makes me more comfortable. Has to do with my outlook I guess. I still like dressing to the hilt occassionally but this seems to be working for me right now. Take care, Ericka

Wenda
06-22-2006, 11:06 PM
Interesting topic. I go through phases; breast forms, then nails, then gloves, then boots, then shoes, etc. I seldom get everything together all at one time. At the moment, I am into my own nails (which are better than they have been in, maybe 20 years!) and growing my boobs. and wigs. and tucking/taping. wow, this is complex!
I really like going out 'undeground' wearing stocking, a thong, small breast forms and a bra under my drab jeans and shirt. Like so many have said previously, 'if you enjoy it, and it doesn't harm anyone else, why not do it?'
And, btw, JoAnna, welcome back! Is that really you in the avatar? if so, wow!