PDA

View Full Version : Showing myself to the forum

Stacy Reso
06-22-2006, 01:31 AM
I didnt know where else to put this,

I wanna take photos of my self CD but im worried some-one i know will see me, any advice for me?

and on a side note the only device i have that can take photos of me is my new webcam and im not sure how good the quality would be (i have no idea how to put photos from my fone to my computer)

Kara Alexia
06-22-2006, 01:48 AM
I have, but a few ideas for you, though I'm not sure how you want to take your picture. You could always wear a pretty mask with you clothes, to obscure your face, yet, add a certain charm to your outfit. Or you could try, just to capture the torso and lower part of your body in the picture. I apologise if these ideas aren't of any help to you, but they're all I could think of at present. If I think of more, I'll be sure to update my post.

~Kara~

Toni
06-22-2006, 02:05 AM
im worried some-one i know will see me, any advice for me?
If they see you - so what, why where they looking in the first place?

Lisa Golightly
06-22-2006, 02:16 AM
Everyone is shy at first... It's a fear/confidence thing. I wouldn't worry unduly about people seeing you. When I've met the boy behind girl in my studio I've never recognised them... It's like magic :)

Vash
06-22-2006, 02:23 AM
Try taking a picture of you not so close up. this way if anyone sees the picture they really wouldn't be able to make out exactly who you are.Keep the resolution low so even if they thought it was you and got nosy any enlargement would only pixelate the image and if someone says "it kind looks like you" you could always say "WOW! I would make a hot looking chick" <LOL>

Kara Alexia
06-22-2006, 02:24 AM
Indeed, I never thought of that. What would they be doing looking on a Cross-Dressers forum, unless they were interested in someway? Nevertheless, my ideas are still there for you.

~Kara~

ronda
06-22-2006, 04:13 AM
when you are fully dressed with makeup you do not look like you the first pic i put on here as my avatar my sister did not know me so don't worrie about iteven if they do look they won,t know:happy: :heehee:

Kate Simmons
06-22-2006, 04:58 AM
Sounds good Stacy. Soon as I get some decent ones, I'll throw my own up also. Ericka

Jenney Love
06-22-2006, 05:43 AM
I worried about this at first too, but hey anyone that see's it, probally is not going to be a problem. They are probally here for the same reason you are. Have fun, let yourself out a little into the world with a posted pic.

Jenney

Teresa Amina
06-22-2006, 06:22 AM
Nothing to worry about, especially with a low resolution webcam. I sure wish I did look like my avatar picture! But that day to day guy that goes out and makes the living doesn't look at all the same. Heck, I can't even get any other pictures to look so good!:D

Karren H
06-22-2006, 06:44 AM
I didnt know where else to put this,

I wanna take photos of my self CD but im worried some-one i know will see me, any advice for me?

and on a side note the only device i have that can take photos of me is my new webcam and im not sure how good the quality would be (i have no idea how to put photos from my fone to my computer)

I use a Sony Cybershot and a mini-tripod!! Web cam quality sucks and don't use your phone, you might accidentially send it to all your friends!!! I've been takeing photos of my fem self for years and posting them out on yahoo.....haven't heard from anyone I know yet!!! Just don't use your real name, or address, and you can set all your permissions so that just friends on 360 or selective IDs can see them.

Love Karren

TGMarla
06-22-2006, 06:56 AM
You can e-mail the photos on your phone to yourself. Just type in your e-mail address and press "send". Just be careful.

stacie
06-22-2006, 08:14 AM
Hey don't worry if someone you know sees your pic on this website, because if there on this site they are probley a CD also.

kathy gg
06-22-2006, 08:29 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum. Unlike many crossdressers, us wive's and girlfriends who particpate in forums and post pictures do so without disguise. Of course we could, but really I got over the fear of someone seeing me ages ago. Being paranoid about it is very natural though. As was said above though, anyone visiting these forums really also has something about them if they are here....either they are a cd/tg or the SO of one, or an admirer, or have some tg connection. Most non-community related people would jsut never have instance or desire to come here unless they are somehow connected to the community.

My husband and I have had our website up for almost 9 years. He has yet got clocked due to that site alone and I have never been singled out due to my face being on it either {and I have been on his site for almost 7 yrs}.

connie rotten
06-22-2006, 08:30 AM
At 18 years old you can hold off on posting pictures on the net. Having some one you don't want to see them is a good reason not to post any.
The advice given to me at my local Girls Night Out chapter was" if you are concerned with who might see you don't post pics as long as you have that concern.Not all of us have to be out It is an individual choice."

Shelly Preston
06-22-2006, 08:41 AM
Hi Stacy

Start slow
I would not worry about the qualit of the webcam pics.
I have posted a few of myself which look ok.
Privacy - you can always just photograph your legs or yourself from the neck down.

The only other thing I would say is if you decide to put your pic up as an avatar be aware non member can see it.

Tamara Croft
06-22-2006, 08:56 AM
Stacy, if you take some pictures and post them in the Picture Gallery, only members in this forum can see them. So if someone you know does see them, then they would have to be a registered member, which would mean only one thing ;) However, if you post them in this section, then they are open for anyone to see, but like the majority have already said, why would they be looking at a cd forum? Well that would depend what you wrote in the post. If you wrote something like 'this is me when I was out in 'london near the palace' for example, anyone that uses a search engine looking for information about londons palace, might end up finding your post, because the open forums are indexed with google. If you don't want people seeing your pictures, then post them in the Picture Gallery for members only. That way, you know whoever views them will also be in the CD community.