PDA

View Full Version : Shocked but Happy

RevMoonSerpent
06-22-2006, 04:40 AM
Ok, I just had to share this with everyone. I know I've spoken before about my mother knowing and accepting my transgenderism but, that she never wanted me to tell my father because he is so conservative.
However, today my father and I were discussing something and I made the remark that, " I don't know everything." and he looked right at me and said with a big smile on his face, "That it takes a real man to admit that he doesn't know everything."
We didn't go into any discussions about transgender or anything after that but, just they way he said it I know that he understands and is ok with everything.
I was shocked beyond words at the time but, after his comment had a chance to sink in, I couldn't have been happier.

CaptLex
06-22-2006, 09:35 AM
Wow, that's terrific! :D Sounds like it's his way of saying he accepts you, but he probably wouldn't say more unless you wanted to bring it up. That's great, though. I'm happy for you. Time to celebrate - drinks on the house! :cheers:

Marlena Dahlstrom
06-22-2006, 08:58 PM
Sounds like it's his way of saying he accepts you, but he probably wouldn't say more unless you wanted to bring it up. That's great, though.

Yup, that's man-speak... Congrats!

Abraxas
06-22-2006, 09:15 PM
Very awesome! Congrats, and kudos to your dad, as well! :)

Taylor105
06-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Totally cool. You got more balls than me. lol I would never bring it up with my parents. Maybe I'll have courage someday. Later, Taylor

sparro
06-23-2006, 12:06 AM
wow. That's actually quite heart warming. Sounds like it should be in some sort of movie or something. In fact, it brightend up my day. :) My parents think ... oh, I won't even go there. Congrats!

Ryan
06-23-2006, 04:41 AM
Cool...My parents know about me they are cool to. My Mam has known for twenty years, although she thought it was a phase, lol.