PDA

View Full Version : Wierd News

Krystenw
06-23-2006, 03:30 PM
This was on the MSN homepage the other day.

Chuck Shepherd's News of the Weird (.958)
WEEK OF JUNE 18, 2006
LEAD STORY
A 5-year-old boy in Broward County, Fla., preparing to enter kindergarten, is believed by gender-identity experts to be the youngest kid in the country whose family supports his decision to live completely as the other sex (according to a May profile in New Times Broward-Palm Beach). The parents doubt that the unnamed now-girl (dubbed "Nicole Anderson" in the article) is "just going through a phase," because of "her" early, constant, and insistent female preferences and comments, e.g., "I want the fairy princess to come and make my penis into a vagina." [New Times Broward- Palm Beach, 5-18-06]

Where were these "gender-identity experts" it the early 50's. My mom would dress me like a little girl during the week and I can rember getting mad because she wouldn't let me wear a dress to church. Go figure.

Trisha
06-23-2006, 03:34 PM
im just glad some people are comming into the 21st centry

Siobhan Marie
06-23-2006, 04:31 PM
im just glad some people are comming into the 21st centry

me too, this can only be a good thing.

:hugs: Anna x

Trisha
06-23-2006, 04:43 PM
yes it is my onley hope that things will be better for the five year old than in our time but it is a young age yet dont know what i would do if it was my child love is the key word

eleventhdr
06-23-2006, 10:02 PM
That's exactly How i did feel at five and even a little before that.

I somehow kwen that i was suppose to have been female but was not

And this has bothered me all of my life it neven did realy go away but was repressed for a very long time.

Then I went through being a boy for some thirty odd year's or so and it was not to good at all

And now here I am in my early 50's and it is back the feelings of wanting longing to be the sex i was suppose to be all along.
Most people do not or can not except this and so i live with it anyway..

And somehow even if it never does become a reality in this lifetime

I just know that I will be female in the very next lifetime as i have been in many others more so then male lifetimes

I do live it when i can dressing when i can or when the urge overcomes me to do so

And i am so no matter what my body might say i am outside.

So what is so very bad about the whole concept of wanting to be female nothing really if that's how it should be then so be it there is no rule or saying that you can not be what you really do want to be boy girl or in between.

And so I am alway's just that.

And also when my body dies I just know that my female soul will finally be releashed

Jay Suzy!:

Sarah Smile
06-23-2006, 10:20 PM
And the only weird part is that this ended up on the News of the Weird! :rolleyes:

jennifer easton
06-23-2006, 10:28 PM
ok this little guy gets to live the sex he wants but how did she know what a penis and a vagina are did this sound just a little unusual or is it just me?
xoxoxoxJennifer

christine55
06-23-2006, 10:53 PM
that when he began to show gender issues his parents probably explained the difference between boys and girls using the adult terms. Hopefully
the local CPS will not remove the child from the home.
Hugs, Christine

Helen MC
06-24-2006, 02:04 AM
I wish this person well and hope it all works out. In particular I salute the open-minded parents and teachers etc. When I was 5 back in 1958 such a child would have be forced even by physical punishment to conform to being a boy and would have had their mind screwed up for life by the shower of frauds, fakes and charlatans, the Psychiatrists. In those days they used aversion "therapy" for what they considered to be "sicknesses" such as homosexuality, lesbianism and cross-dressing with Electric Shock Treatment or emetics to make people nauseaous and vomit when shown their sexual stimulus, sheer NAZISM! Thankfully we now live in more enlightened times!

Joy Carter
06-24-2006, 04:31 AM
I support the child just pray she's strong enough to withstand the negativity coming her way.

Joy Carter
06-24-2006, 05:05 AM
I know somebody already put out this thread but here is another article about the same child more in depth.

Goggle "Village Voice see Tom will be Jane by Julia Reischel" I didn't include the address but It seams it never works here. Let me know what you think.

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/0623,reischel,73391,6.html

AnnaMaria
06-24-2006, 05:15 AM
This is not the first time I have come across something like this. I met a young girl last year that was the exact same way. From a very early age this girl told her mom that she was a girl not the boy that she was born. She is now about 7 or 8 and her mom is allowing her to live the way she feels is natural to her.

My only hope is that the girl in Florida does not have to deal with to much rejection as a result of her lifestyle choice. But I think it is great that her parents are willing to support her. Maybe things like this happening is the first step into a brighter future for our community as a whole. As long as the press doesn’t turn it into a circus sideshow for their own benefit.

Anna

Kimberley
06-24-2006, 11:00 AM
I am very vocal about early identification and follow up therapy for both the parent and the child. By the sounds of it these parents are on the right track and the child certainly seems to identify as TS.

I only hope these "experts" are willing to stay the course until the child is in her teens before approaching any kind of permanent transitioning.

:hugs: :happy:
Kimberley

Helen MC
06-24-2006, 11:16 AM
I must say I would be a lot more at ease if this chid lived in one of the "liberal" states than in Redneck Florida with Jeb Bush as Governor!

Kate Simmons
06-24-2006, 11:20 AM
Times they are a changin' Krysten. Hopefully, with things like the forum we can get a little bolder. It's nice we can share things like this with each other and it's encouraging. Ericka

Joy Carter
06-24-2006, 04:03 PM
I must say I would be a lot more at ease if this chid lived in one of the "liberal" states than in Redneck Florida with Jeb Bush as Governor!

Helen there is a lot of transplants (people now) in FL. as far as being redncked not at all from what I have seen. South Palm Beach is one of the biggest TG TS friendly places to go. As far as Jeb Bush what have you heard if it's from any liberal press then you have heard wrong, Jeb has been good for the state and things are improving all the time. How do I know most of my family is down there and I visit frequently.

connie rotten
06-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Dicovery Chanel did an interview with them late last winter in one of their taboo type presentations.