PDA

View Full Version : Ring Question

Lisa Marie
06-23-2006, 05:03 PM
Ladies, Ive been wanting to get a few rings to wear that are womens rings but I dont know what size finger I have. Id think id be to afriad to go out and ask a jewler Im interested in wearing a womans ring. So how do I go about measuring a ring to wear? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Julie York
06-23-2006, 05:09 PM
Men wear rings. You go to a jeweller and ask? REALLY! They stick a thing on your finger and go "That's an F....OMG you have fat fingers!!!" And that's it.

Honestly.

nettiereno GG
06-23-2006, 05:10 PM
Hi,

If you are too shy to go into the jeweler and try one on, you can take a piece of string, put it around the finger for which you wish to purchase the bauble, and tell the jeweler you want to see rings in that size. The jeweler will put the string on a ring sizer, and then you will officially know what size you are. Please remember not to make the string too tight. You have to allow for the width of the ring.

Annette

EricaCD
06-23-2006, 05:20 PM
Ring sizes are unisex. So there is no problem at all with going into a jeweler and asking your size.

Or if you REALLY are shy, you can order a ring sizer set (a bunch of plastic loops) on eBay for about $10.

Erica

Lisa Marie
06-23-2006, 05:21 PM
wow Julie you really know how to make a great statement! Maybe from now on I'll just ask you for all the help I need in everything. :tongueout

Julie Avery
06-23-2006, 05:23 PM
Men wear rings. You go to a jeweller and ask? REALLY! They stick a thing on your finger and go "That's an F....OMG you have fat fingers!!!" And that's it.

Honestly.

I've been laying in wait seeking an opportunity to call Julie York "chubs", and opportunity is knocking.

knock knock

who's there?

Lisa Marie
06-23-2006, 05:23 PM
Cool thanks Erica I didnt know they had thoes out to try!

Julie York
06-23-2006, 05:28 PM
wow Julie you really know how to make a great statement! Maybe from now on I'll just ask you for all the help I need in everything. :tongueout

Yah. It has been pointed out that I have a certain way about me. (Several times with threats of violence.)

:D

But hey if it's RIGHT......whatcha gonna do?

Julie Avery
06-23-2006, 05:31 PM
Rings do not have men's and women's sizes. Just sizes. Get on with it :)

Barb Valentine
06-23-2006, 05:48 PM
In the Seas catalog they have a cut out ring sizer that you can use

Jenney Love
06-23-2006, 06:04 PM
You can get married, and when you go to get your wedding ring you will find out what size you are!
Later lose over a hundred lbs, get your ring resized to the same size that your wife wears and get a glare when you borrow her rings (Never her wedding ring!).