PDA

View Full Version : Stuffed Shirt

Marlene4a
11-25-2004, 06:56 PM
Actually, stuffed skirt.
What a thanksgiving dinner...whoaa.

Well that kills the diet for the day, but it was worth it. ( I was thrown out of the kitchen - Again, and told to " go on the computer while I clean up,you are just in the way"

Tell me....sisters...How was your dinner, and most of all your family get together.??

I had to reflect on all those not as fortunate as us.

But I do know that the Union Rescue Mission is there for a purpose just as this.

Anyway.. "How "bout it"????

Love

DonnaT
11-25-2004, 07:12 PM
My turkey came out better than ever. Falling off the bone and guite moist. Had dressing, yams, green beans, dressing (stuffing not stuffed), and light rolls. My wife made giblet gravy, a pistashio dressing, pecan pie and pumkin pie.

Son and daughter were here. Rest of the family are in FL, NM, WV, TX.

Guess I'll find out tomorrow how much weight I put back on, was down 40 lbs.

Sharon
11-26-2004, 12:15 AM
Being the best and most willing cook in the family, I spent the day in the kitchen. I absolutely love this so I was in my glory! It was raining here, so there was no touch football this year with the kids :mad: , and the games on television were downright lousy. So I went all out and, to say so myself, created a masterpiece!
Really though, it was a marvelous day, all too rare, but I'm happy to be home and Sharon again.

Marlene4a
11-26-2004, 12:20 AM
Donna, that sounds absolutely great !! You know what you are doing in the kitchen obviously. I cannot even boil water properly according to Joanie my wife.

However, what you prepared, my o' my, I would have been right over for dinner. lol.
Sounds like you also had a great time today.

Marlene4a
11-26-2004, 12:35 AM
Sharon:

It was raining here too today ( Huh ! what else, this is Seattle at it's best)\

My wife was up at 5 a.m. to prepare everything. She laid out all her "tools" the night before.
The kids were not going to join us this year but we talked to them and the grandkids by phone, so it was just us two, which was great, quiet not ( hey ! get away from there!, or " don't touch that" or ahh ahh ahh !!!)

So, I slept in, until about 8 a.m., and went into the kitchen where my wife was cooking already and preparing all the goodies, got my water, and started pouring my coffee, and was abruptly thrown out of the kitchen. ( If you can imagine a person being "kicked" with a foot at the rear end, and a surprised look on the face, and the coffee in hand, part of it coming out, you know like the old cartoons) and a voice behind me saying " No scientists or engineers needed here, just artists !!! " stay out of the kitchen while I am trying to prepare our thanksgiving dinner""

Yaa Yaa I said, and she said " go upstairs on the computer or something"

So I went into the out garage, and got out the lights to decorate the house for christmas.
Then I hear " come help me take the turkey out, so I can put the stuffing in it"

Ok, again...Now leave and go back to doing what you were doing, she says.

lol. She says this with her Irish accent. And when she gets mad at me she starts with the Gaeillic language.. lol. ( I can just hug her to death) ( we only been married 31 years)

So, this holiday, again, I realized the only thing I am good at is EATING !!.
I envy anyone who can cook.

So Sharon, if you do the cooking, I wish I could do that. I envy that.
I admit I am a disaster in the kitchen.

Love
Me.

Sharon
11-26-2004, 12:47 AM
Sharon:

It was raining here too today ( Huh ! what else, this is Seattle at it's best)\

My wife was up at 5 a.m. to prepare everything. She laid out all her "tools" the night before.
The kids were not going to join us this year but we talked to them and the grandkids by phone, so it was just us two, which was great, quiet not ( hey ! get away from there!, or " don't touch that" or ahh ahh ahh !!!)

So, I slept in, until about 8 a.m., and went into the kitchen where my wife was cooking already and preparing all the goodies, got my water, and started pouring my coffee, and was abruptly thrown out of the kitchen. ( If you can imagine a person being "kicked" with a foot at the rear end, and a surprised look on the face, and the coffee in hand, part of it coming out, you know like the old cartoons) and a voice behind me saying " No scientists or engineers needed here, just artists !!! " stay out of the kitchen while I am trying to prepare our thanksgiving dinner""

Yaa Yaa I said, and she said " go upstairs on the computer or something"

So I went into the out garage, and got out the lights to decorate the house for christmas.
Then I hear " come help me take the turkey out, so I can put the stuffing in it"

Ok, again...Now leave and go back to doing what you were doing, she says.

lol. She says this with her Irish accent. And when she gets mad at me she starts with the Gaeillic language.. lol. ( I can just hug her to death) ( we only been married 31 years)

So, this holiday, again, I realized the only thing I am good at is EATING !!.
I envy anyone who can cook.

So Sharon, if you do the cooking, I wish I could do that. I envy that.
I admit I am a disaster in the kitchen.

Love
Me.

LOL Marlene. When my wife was with me, she did practically all the cooking. In fact, it was her influence that taught me everthing I know today. The only cooking I did back then was outside on the grill (typical man, huh?) and it was there that I discovered how enjoyable and meditative cooking was.
Once she was gone, I couldn't bear returning to the stuff I consumed in my pre-marriage days -- Ragu on spaghetti, frozen meals, etc.-- so I bought a couple basic cookbooks and learned the techniques. Now it is me who could write a book, simple food, but it sho tastes good!

Marianne
11-26-2004, 08:55 AM
silencing the smoke alarms that's the real challenge.

Hey, how else are you going to know that dinner's ready!
:D

A number of years ago, my ex-wife put something in the oven, then went back to her computer and forgot about it. I didn't notice the burning smell 'cos my sinuses were acting up with seasonal allergies. When the smoke alarm went off I simply stuck my head around the corner and yelled "Dinner's Ready!". It became a standing joke...

Wendy me
11-26-2004, 09:10 AM
real good day house was full of family and freinds we had two turkeys one in the oven and one deepfryed. with all the stuffing yams and everything that goes with it. i was up till abought 3 am makeing pies . i did all the cooking so when we were all done i let outher people clean it all up (every one should have some fun ) the first of the people came over at 11 am the last left at 10:30pm a long full day .........

Georgette
11-26-2004, 09:17 AM
Marlene you said it was raining in Seattle, now I know why I left there I now live in the desert of the SW moved here 4 years ago and don't miss Seattle a bit although I still visit the kids in the summer.
I had a great Thanksgiving dinner, even though I had to do the cooking it still tasted good, and yes my shirt was stuffed, the down side I had to be in boy clothes all day as my SO is the only one in our family knows about my other side.
LOVE & HUGS
Georgette

Marlene4a
11-27-2004, 03:53 AM
I know exactly what you mean. Amazing you mention this.
I have the same kind of sinus problems. I guess I am suseptable to the "Seattle Mold" type of sinus, and cannot smell worth s....t.

However, this thanksgiving, was exceptional, and I could smell the turkey cooking from upstairs even.
My wife is an excellent chef ( cheffess ?), and thank goodness she does the real smelling that is the telltale time when the turkey is done.

I guess I am a distance "smeller" and not a short range "smeller", and thank goodness to both of us.

Love