PDA

View Full Version : how to wear pantyhose as a leg amputee?

chazdill
06-24-2006, 01:52 AM
i have loved wearing pantyhose since i was around 11yo. about 2 years ago i lost my left leg above the knee in a accident.since i have still worn pantyhose , just left the empty leg hanging. but now i have discovered my full cd desire and need a better way to wear pantyhose so not to look so sloopy. anyone with any advice would be greatly thankfull.

Angela Burke
06-24-2006, 02:10 AM
If you knotted the empty leg at the required
length, then neatly cropped off the excess.
Turned the pantyhose inside out, I think
they would look presentable enough.

Julie Katherine
06-24-2006, 11:04 AM
do you wear a prosthetic?...I am a LAK as well...dress fully...wear flat shoes and pantyhose with my outfits...send me a private message, we can "talk" more

Julie

tvgirl4fun
06-24-2006, 06:21 PM
Hope this doesn't sound silly, but can you wear thigh highs? (Meaning you don't need the "panty" part of pantyhose.) If so, go buy a pair of thigh highs (they have elastic tops to keep them up) AND go buy a pair of knee highs (the also have an elastic top to keep them up, they're just shorter for girls that wear nylons with long dresses or skirts or pants). And now you have two matched pair of stockings! Jaie

And I think Angelas' idea would work too.

Lindsay Marie
06-25-2006, 12:11 AM
I have to agree with Angela, I've seen pics of amputees who will either knot and trim the excess or put the remainder up into a bun of sorts so that the material doesnt run. The thigh high suggestion is a good one too, because then you have two instead of one. Good luck with it, hope it works for you.