PDA

View Full Version : Here's a story you defintely want to read!

DanaJ
11-25-2004, 07:13 PM
Here is the headline:
Boys will (only) be boys
"Camo Day" replaces "cross-dressing" day in tiny Texas town

http://www.sovo.com/2004/11-26/view/actionalert/boys.cfm

DanaJ

Stephanie Brooks
11-25-2004, 07:36 PM
Me shakes me head. :mad:

Rhonda Callahan
11-25-2004, 07:51 PM
Inbreeding for example ! Not that it actually happens, like, in small Tx. towns, but it could lead to closed minds, and :eek: STUPIDITY !

Marlene4a
11-25-2004, 08:33 PM
From this, it sounds like a lot of people live within a cube. 3" x 3" x 3".
Would'nt hold or fit a very big person.

Me

Georgette
11-25-2004, 09:33 PM
You can't blame the whole town because of one stupid woman, that is like blaming the whole country for not having a school prayer I think that it is time the majority started running this country agian. All it takes anymore is for one person to complain and they pass a law banning that. :mad: It is still Chritmas Season not winter holiday season. ;)
This got to me. :mad: :mad:

Tristen Cox
11-25-2004, 09:44 PM
........... :mad:

SherryAnn
11-25-2004, 09:57 PM
just when ya think we make a step forward "BANG" two steps backwards

pattysue
11-25-2004, 10:19 PM
It seems to me there is something else going on. The kids; the way I read it have already been missing school? So instead of cross-dressing they promote killing things. Good thinking there. :confused:

Sharon
11-25-2004, 11:49 PM
I read this story in my local paper this morning and I could only shake my head. Don't parents realize that when they get overly concerned or excited about something like this, kids are more likely to experiment on their own? And look at the publicity it has garnered. Kids in other districts might think, "that sounds cool, I wonder what it would be like if...," and then you can just fill in the blank.
Parents who are ignorant like this think that their children will decide to be gay or a transvestite because of simply donning some clothing. It's the same people who think their children will grow up to be athiests if they're taught evolution in school. It's all so absurd that you can only shudder and pray that their children will grow up well-adjusted at all.

Marlene4a
11-25-2004, 11:58 PM
But I like Jenny's response most of all and I concur.

Me

eleventhdr
11-26-2004, 12:34 AM
So now let me get this straight. They voted away harmless fun day when the kids could experiment for themselves wether to dress in opposite sex clothing. In order to promote camoflauge clothing which sounds to me much more like closer to war thinking. This is really really dumb. I mean what is it better to experiment in harmless dressing which is much more passsive or war type thinking. Now you tell me which is more harmful. I mean like what are they using for brains down there.. I suggest that they need to think really really hard on this one. Suzy!.

Rachel Ann
11-26-2004, 12:44 AM
Hey people, get real! This is RURAL TEXAS we are talking about!

Marlene4a
11-26-2004, 12:49 AM
So ?? Whats different about rural texas. Are people different there?
Are they not human?

Help me out here.

Rachel Ann
11-26-2004, 02:02 AM
A hillbilly farmer named Hollis
In possums and snakes found his solace
His children had scales
And prehensile tails
And voted for Governor Wallace

sweetvici
11-26-2004, 02:39 AM
O.K. I have only one thing to say!!!!! OH FOR CRYING IN THE MUD!!!!! DID SHE BUMP HER HEAD????? THAT HAS GOT TO BE THE STUIPEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD!!!!! A GAY AGENDA INDEED!!!! SOUNDS TO ME LIKE HER AGENDA IS TO SPREAD FEAR & HATERED ( sp?) SOME PEOPLE NEED TO GET A REAL LIFE!!!! ( BORROW ONE IF NESSISARY!!! ) OKAY!! I WAS WRONG!!!... ABOUT ONLY HAVING ONE THING TO SAY, I COULD GO ON FOR DAYS!!! WHAT A SMALL MINDED SOCIEITY WE LIVE IN HUH?? PEOPLE ARE SOO DARN STUPID!!! WHAT A WASTE OF TIME, TAXPAYERS DOLLARS AND PAPER!!!! GRRRRRRRRR!!!! GET A LIFE LADY...POOR KIDS!!! BEING RAISED BY SUCH A SMALL MINDED **@$%&^!! AH HUM.. PERSON!!! WOW!!!...OH YEAH WE ARE ALL GAY BECAUSE WE CHOOSE TO DRESS DIFFERENTLY THAN WHAT "SHE" BELIEVES IS APPROPRIATE...UH HUH RIGHT!!!! AND PROMOTING THAT TYPE OF APPEARAL...WHAT DOES THAT PROMOTE???? TERRORISIM???? OR WAR MONGERISM??? GIVE ME A BREAK!!!AFTER ALL THE TERRORIST WEAR "CAMO" RIGHT??? AND THE MILITARY!!! SO ARE WE PROMOTING WAR???? ( Not that I have anything against our soldiers, or the need for war in extreme cases...she says in a calm reassuring voice!!! ) THE WORST PART OF IT IS THAT "THESE TYPES" OF SMALL MINDED PEOPLE ARE SCATTERED THROUGHOUT THE WORLD AND ALL ONE PERSON HAS TO DO IS START SOME S__T LIKE THIS AND OUR ENTIRE SOCIETIY BOWS DOWN TO THEM!!!! ONE STUPID PERSON CAN ALTER THE WORLD FOREVER!!! HONESTLY IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT YOU HAVE TO WONDER WHO IS TO BLAME HERE??? DONT YOU??? I THINK THAT WE AS A SOCIETY ARE TO BLAME!!! IF SOMEONE WOULD HAVE TOLD HER AND HER "LITTLE LAWYER PALS" TO PULL THIER HEADS OUT AND GROW UP,THIS WOULD HAVE NEVER MADE IT TO THIS POINT!!!! NO MATTER WHAT NOW SHE'S THE BIG WINNER AND THE REST OF THE WORLD HAS TO LIVE WITH THE FACT THAT WE (YOU & I ) ARE HUGE LOSERS!!! WE NEED TO STAND UP, GROW SPINES AND REGAIN SOME COMMON SENCE IN THIS MESS OF A WORLD WE LIVE IN AND "SHARE" WITH PEOPLE LIKE HER...OR WE CAN JUST SIT BACK AND WATCH WHILE THE VOICE OF ONE SMALL MINDED um..PERSON TAKES AWAY OUR FREEDOM OF CHOICE!!!! BECAUSE THATS WHATS HAPPENING MORE AND MORE EACH DAY AND WE SCREAM AND WHINE IN OUR LITTLE PROTECTED CIRCLE OF FRIENDS WHILE WE WATCH AND DO NOTHING MORE... TO STOP IT...SO I GUESS THE SOLUTION MIGHT BE FOR US TO CHANGE BEFORE WE ASSUME THE RIGHT TO COMPLAIN!!! AND CONSIDER THIS...NOW THIS "STORY" IS ON THE WORLD WIDE WEB!!! THAT SHOULD SCARE THE HATIES OUT OF ALL OF US I KNOW IT SCARES ME!!!! I'D BETTER STOP BEFORE I HAVE AN ANURISIM (sp?) I'M SO MAD I CANT EVEN SPELL OR THINK!!!! IN FACT I'M HAVING A HARD TIME BREAHING AND I'M EXPERIENCING DIFFICULTY IN TYPING THIS!!!!! I'VE HAD TO EDIT IT ABOUT TWENTY TIMES!!!!! SO...HAVE FUN AND HARM NO LIVNG CREATURE OR PLACE... :) Vici

Rachel Ann
11-26-2004, 03:29 AM
In the first place, I'm not sure they have laws in Texas. I know it's legal to drink alcohol while driving a car there. And I don't think they require gun carry permits.

The Texas Rangers were just the last gang standing and have never been much else.

Every place has bar fights on Saturday night but in Texas everyone has a piece.

The standard for applying life without parole or the death penalty is whether the sheriff of your home county says you have "good character" or "bad character".

They never got over the fact that they were once an independent republic and I don't really know why we wanted them in the Union anyway.

When Charles Joseph Whitman went to the top of the tower at the University of Texas and started shooting people randomly the biggest problem they had was people who wanted to run out and start shooting back.

The standard for historical greatness is how many Mexicans you killed.

But they do have a hip scene of sorts in Austin. And they gave us Kinky Friedman.

er - sorry WacoTXgurl

Fiona K
11-26-2004, 03:52 AM
Hi Girls,
Perspective from this side of the pond........

Hells Bells! The mother sounds like my sister- presently fighting to have my nephew excused from learning Darwin's Evolution etc in High School.

Camo day is worrying though, you saw this in the old Soviet states- the Young Pioneers were drilled and brainwashed ready for service in the red army.

It is sad when one person can change the entire policy, where were the majority? In Edinburgh 2 years ago a parent complained about people videoing the kids' school nativity plays, citing that the resulting film could fall into the hands of paedophiles. The council immediately paniced and banned the use of video cameras in the schools. What followed was a parent's revolution and common sense prevailed and the ban was lifted in a week.

I wonder if they'll ban Shakespeare as all his playe were initially performed (as was the custom back then) with young men playing the female parts?

Fiona
xxxx

Rachel Ann
11-26-2004, 04:02 AM
Fiona

In Tennessee it is STILL illegal to teach evolution in public schools (I went to High School there).

Then it happens from the left, too (over-the-top PC). They banned "Huckleberry Finn", a classic of American literature, because it used the n-word. However it was just depicting how people talked in the 1850s and was not used in a pejorative way.

It seems that the world over, if just one crank makes noise, we let them be the dictator. There used to be an expression for it - "the little old lady from Peoria".

Sandra H
11-26-2004, 06:49 AM
To me there seems to be several different things to take into account in this story. Firstly, this mother used public funds to get a legal ruling to have her children excused from the “fun” day. But as you read the story, this “fun” day was voluntary, so she could have kept her children out of the cross dressing part without having to go to court. Sledgehammer to crack a nut comes to mind.

Secondly, if the schools not only in the USA, but here in the UK keep to what they are there to do I.E. teach our children rather than having “fun” days etc this would not have happened in the first place. Just as one example, here in the UK we have swimming lessons. To do this most schools need to bus the children to a local swimming pool. To get the children ready and on the bus, then to the pool and change must take at lease an hour, then the lesson and back to school. All this must take at least three hours. When you take into account the school hours here are from 9:30 to 3p.m or a total of five and a half hours including breaks then more than 50% of one school day is taken up with what I would consider out of school activities. Then you get the teachers saying that they cannot fit in everything they need to teach our children a complete education because of time.

Thirdly, I can sympathise with this mother. Even though I am a cross dresser I would not like the idea of a small child of mine going to school and cross-dressing. When you think about it the person who first came up with this idea, must have been a little strange to come up with the idea of cross-dressing. But I must say not as strange as those who thought it would be better to get young children to dress up in combat gear. But maybe this is just Texas as it seems that others who live in the USA have said that the Texan’s seem to be a bit strange. Just remind me where is your President from???

The bottom line is children are sent to school to learn such things as maths, English, history, physics etc. Not to learn to swim, have “fun” days or play sports, well not unless these activities are under taken after school hours. Well that’s what I think, but what do I know. I have no children, thank goodness.

Wendy me
11-26-2004, 09:34 AM
Geez, homophobia strikes again! Of course we all know that once you put on a skirt, you're gay for life. Gimme a break.

well mabey not gay but at least real happy ;)

Wendy me
11-26-2004, 09:37 AM
Geez, homophobia strikes again! Of course we all know that once you put on a skirt, you're gay for life. Gimme a break.

mabey not gay but at least happy
;)

Wen4cd
11-26-2004, 09:55 AM
"one parent complained...."

You see? One person can make a difference!!!

Paula A
11-26-2004, 10:58 AM
it seams typical for the states lately where if an idea, activity, anything realy upsets a small minority or even as few as a single person people in autority just roll over and say "sorry did mean to offend you we'll change what we doing to make you happy" the the administrations just roll over. Thats the problem lately too much pandering, my god! That lady should have been told that this is just a fun activity to break up the school year and if she did not like it well then keep the kids home. BUT NOooooo. some wooosy just says OK I guess that it will have to change even though the school has been doing this for years and no one eles in the the rest of the town complained.
anyway I think that is half the problem with society today in the US no noe has the courage to stand up and say "if you don't like it tough!"
Gay agenda what Bull S**t. obviously she doesn't hav a clude what crossdressing is about. the typical notion if your a crossdresser your gay.
what a sorry situation. appauling really

DanaJ
11-26-2004, 11:10 AM
If I read it right, it wasn't mandatory for the kids to dress up, it was just that she didn't want her precious darlings exposed to others having fun.... which makes what she did that much worse. I mean, I could understand if everyone had to come to school CDed, but this was just a voluntary activity... so let's just ruin everyone else's fun.

DanaJ

Fiona K
11-26-2004, 12:27 PM
I still have a problem with the "sexualisation" of a fun event and the replacement of that event with another that is based on the enjoyment of gun based violence.
Fiona
xx

Vallari
11-26-2004, 03:18 PM
So ?? Whats different about rural texas. Are people different there?
Are they not human?

Help me out here.

I live in the land that time forgot and believe me, it's very difficult to tell.
It is radically different. You see, there are no cars in rural Texas - everyone has a muddy truck at least 10ft wide and at least 5 feet off the ground.
Everybody idolizes the Ford company for some reason and if you dont know what football is you will be chased out of town.
If you ever find yourself having to drive through rural TX for any reason -
consider taking a commercial flight instead. If you stand still enough out here, you can actually feel the whole place drifting backwards in time! :D

Its stories like this that make me embarrased to say I was born in Texas.

MistyCD
11-26-2004, 04:57 PM
Inbreeding for example ! Not that it actually happens, like, in small Tx. towns, but it could lead to closed minds, and :eek: STUPIDITY !

Especially when it comes to politicians !!!

Rachel Ann
11-26-2004, 08:47 PM
To an awful lot of people crossdressing = homosexuality = pedophilia :mad: