PDA

View Full Version : The next step

Sharon
11-26-2004, 12:32 AM
You girls have been terrific about posting significant milestones about your lives, so I thought I would post my own. I'm coming out to my two sisters tomorrow.
I spent the day with both of them Thursday(Thanksgiving), and although I was tempted to tell them then, but there were simply too many other family members present. So I made a date with them to have dinner Friday night at my house. I won't be Sharon when I talk to them, since I have to break it to them carefully, but everything I own will be there if they want to see.
I'm nervous, repeatedly running dialogue through my mind, but I'm determined to do it. Ever since my wife passed away ten years ago, my "other" life has been solely mine to know. It has simply become too lonely a cross to bear. And it has become too large a part of my life to remain totally secret.
I think my sisters will be okay with it to be honest with you. At least after the initial shock, but I'll probably make sure we each have a strong drink in hand when I tell them.
So -- please! -- wish me luck and wish me the backbone to go through with this. The support we girls give one another is so empowering, and I'm too bad a liar to say I did it if I didn't, so any encouragement you can provide over the next 18 hours will mean more than you can imagine.
Love,
Sharon

Tristen Cox
11-26-2004, 12:43 AM
Sharon what can I say dear..GO FOR IT!

Marlene4a
11-26-2004, 12:44 AM
Sharon:

I did not know your wife passed away years ago. I am deeply sorry to hear that.
I have had two sisters myself.
Being the youngest in the family, if I told them, I don't think they would have "recoiled in horror"
If you just tell your sisters in a positive way I know they will accept that.

What I mean is, tell them that it is just "you" continuing to grow in mind and body, and nothing is taken away from the love you have for them.

You are still just you, and they know you, only another side that can, and is capable of, extenuating more love to others in a more different and dynamic way.

I am sure they will understand. And more than likely love you in a more deeper dimension than you can imagine.
Remember....They are girls tool

Love.
Me

racquel
11-26-2004, 12:55 AM
best of luck sharon.i feel that it will be o.k,maybe even draw you all closer.here's hoping.

Wendy me
11-26-2004, 09:42 AM
[B]you go girl
best wishes

rachel_jean
11-26-2004, 10:00 AM
Best of luck to you Sharon and have a great evening.

Stephanie Brooks
11-26-2004, 10:07 AM
Good luck to you Sharon!

I hope all goes well for you tonight and long term! It is never easy risking ourselves this way, and it is that - a risk. Yet sometimes the risk of staying closed and not living is worse.

If they're worthy of being your blood relatives, they'll take you as you are. This can take time however, so please be prepared to be patient; miracles aren't always "instant". They've had a brother all of these years; it might be a bit of a surprise for them to learn they've a sister in you too.

I'll be thinking of you and hoping all goes well!!!! I look forward to seeing your posts telling how things went and/or are going.

We're here for you Sweetie. ;)

Paula A
11-26-2004, 11:05 AM
All the best with it sharon.
My thoughts are with you, it takes a great deal of courage to expose yourself like that good luck we are all here rooting for you.

DanaJ
11-26-2004, 11:07 AM
Sharon, if you want to run it (what you will say to your sisters) by me, then I will be around today....

DanaJ

DonnaT
11-26-2004, 11:11 AM
wish me luck and wish me the backbone to go through with this.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_1_11.gif Sharon

I think they will take it well. If not, however, they may ask why your are telling them. Besides it being something you don't want to keep inside any longer and the fact that you want to share with them, you might mention that (a bit morbid here) if you should pass you'd like them to care of your belongings. Them knowing will ensure that what they find won't be a further shock.

Sharon
11-26-2004, 02:49 PM
Thanks girls for the good words and encouragement. It is now minus two hours (gulp!) and I'm definitely going to do it. I just wonder if there will be a need for a second course. :)
Love, Sharon

Sweet Susan
11-26-2004, 02:53 PM
Good luck.

Julie
11-26-2004, 04:10 PM
Sharon, good luck girl, I hope everything pans out well for you and I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you. Here's a long distance hug for you. <<<<<<<hugs>>>>>>>

JJ

Jenna1561
11-26-2004, 04:46 PM
Good luck girl - all the best!

Jenna

MistyCD
11-26-2004, 04:51 PM
Best of luck to you....

misty