PDA

View Full Version : Softball Team for Girlies!

Lady Katherine
06-24-2006, 08:29 AM
How many of you were told: "you throw like a girl?" Were you always that last person chosen for pickup baseball games, and relegated to right field? Did you always strike out?

Or, did you run for cover when the kids talked about playing ball, afraid to expose your girlish physical talents?

If so, I propose that you join with me in forming "The Girlies," which would be the worst softball team ever. We would never score any runs, but we would giggle and have great fun. I can picture our uniforms now: lavender shorts, pink tops with the phrase "The Girlies," and cute BB caps with our hair flowing out the back.

My team would only be for CDs, TVs, TGs who really were lousy at this game. I know some of the girls here were great athletes, but while you can't play, we'd love to have you as cheerleaders.

Love to hear if I have any takers for this team? Let's hear about what position you'd like to play. Also, tell us your baseball humiliations (if you wish).

All in fun, of course.

Raychel
06-24-2006, 08:48 AM
I was always the last to be picked for any sports games. So no matter what it is I stink at it. So I'll put my forms on and be there. :heehee:

Sharon
06-24-2006, 08:54 AM
You'll want me on your team -- I was always the captain or the first picked.:p

Maureen Henley
06-24-2006, 09:02 AM
I'll play right field, just like I did for two seasons in Little League. And we all know why one gets put in right field. If you're not sure, find the song "Here in Right Field" by Neil Paul Stokey.

"..here in right field,
just watchin' the dandelions grow." :p

Teresa Amina
06-24-2006, 09:17 AM
Wow, this brings back memories, and all but one bad! Always the last picked, put somewhere out of the way so as not to spoil the others fun. Really rotten when the gym teacher would be the first to humiliate you! Like the other kids weren't bad enough :( .... But I did manage to hit the ball once real good! Shocked the hell out of everyone, they just stood there dumbfounded while I ran all the way to third base. Pretty cool, my only good sports-in-school memory.
Think I learned my lesson, I'll pass on this, but do post pictures!:D

PaulaH
06-24-2006, 09:20 AM
Actually ... I was (am) very athletic, an excellent baseball player, chosen for the league All-Star team ... and by the time I was fifteen I was wearing pastel colored panties under my uniform. Sign me up! LOL

Paula

Angela Burke
06-24-2006, 09:39 AM
Although I was never "first pick" for anything I was a good footballer (soccer). Playing three full games over a weekend was nothing, so
I'm afraid (I'm not afaid at all!) I'd have to be a cheerleader.
I also think you should drop the "not being good at sport" critera
for team selection in the case of PaulaH.
Any 15yr old boy who wore pastel coloured panties under his softball
uniform walks into my team!

Kate Simmons
06-24-2006, 09:47 AM
Okay, I'll be on the team but I have to be pitcher. I've got some mean knuckle, curve, screw, hard and fast balls. I'm pretty good at striking guys out, so girl's should be a piece of cake. I don't chew tobaccy though. Love those triple plays. Ericka

Kristen Kelly
06-24-2006, 09:53 AM
Brings back memories, we were just like the bad news bears 2-9 one win by forfeit. I played catcher hated to wear that cup. Now when I play "catcher" it takes on a whole different meaning.

DanaJ
06-24-2006, 09:53 AM
OK - sign me up! I'll play in the outfield, they used to call me "the gazelle" because of my lithe running and jumping. Now I would probably be more of a water buffalo :D

Kate Simmons
06-24-2006, 10:05 AM
HMM, To make things interesting, I think we should come up with a femme uniform. Possibly capris or skirts and heels. Any ideas? THAT would make things interesting and keep things kind of equal for everyone. Ericka

Joy Carter
06-24-2006, 10:06 AM
I'll play if I can wear my high heeled cleats ! Yeah just a bench warmer I'm afraid so many coaches were obsessed at winning they didn't care about the kids getting to play. I batted in two runners once on a triple but we lost anyway just not as bad. So I grew up had a son and coached his team we didn't win a games but EVERYONE played. I took so much flack from the parents for doing so I just ignored them. The only parent that stepped up to help was the wife of a coworker and mother of one player. By the way what king of material would these uniforms be ? If they are scratchy and uncomfortable and I have to sweat for get it Hun.

Maureen Henley
06-24-2006, 11:11 AM
The first idea for uniforms would be Lycra or spandex short shorts with contrasting lace trim at the cuff, and a matching v-neck top, also lace trimmed, with team name in script and elegant numbers.

My second choice would be an update of the uniforms worn in "A League of Their Own", in modern knit, clingy fabric, but with contrasting panties underneath.:happy:

Helen MC
06-24-2006, 11:13 AM
I hated PE and Team Games in school. For a start I had to wear the hated Boys' Y Front Underpants instead of Girl's Knickers (panties) on those days and could not wait till the lesson ended and I could go to the toilet into a stall with a locked door and change into the pair of my sister's knickers I had in my jacket pocket. I was useless at games as I have always been the type of person that if I do not see the point in something and have no interest in it I won't even try to do it, Games and PE could go to f*** as far as I was concerned!

I would however have loved to have been able to join the girls in THEIR PE lessons playing Netball and Hockey and have worn navy blue knickers, an pale blue aertex blouse, short pleated grey games skirt etc like my sister Anne and the other girls!

I was told I bowled like a girl when we played Cricket as I bowled under-arm as women do. I managed to get out of Cricket when I ducked out of the way when a bouncer was bowled my way. The previous week one lad had been hit in the mouth by a cricket ball and had his lips burst and his front teeth broken. No way was I going to suffer such an injury for something as trivial as a school PE lesson! I was able to drop PE the next Term as I took on extra subjects instead and was I delighted as not only did I get out of a waste of time and a lot of discomfort but no longer had to wear male underpants and I have not worn them since, that's 38 years now!

Lady Katherine
06-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Well, girls, it looks like we got lots of interest in this team, and it seems we'll change eligibility to include all who wanna play, as long as they corssdress and would wear our uniforms.

So far we got two outfielders and a pitcher. Anyone else?

Kristen Kelly
06-24-2006, 02:16 PM
Well, girls, it looks like we got lots of interest in this team, and it seems we'll change eligibility to include all who wanna play, as long as they corssdress and would wear our uniforms.

I'll Catch, what a thought, chest protector, forms, shin guards, and squating to catch, flashing panties , what a sight.

Marcia-B
06-24-2006, 02:57 PM
I was even put in the girls class and had to play netball instead of football(soccer).I was normally third to last at getting picked.
Anything to do with balls apart from volleyball ,I am absolutely useless at.Except perhaps snooker and pool.
Were any of you no good at woodwork but good at cooking?
If i didn't put up a fight I would have been in all the girly classes.They wanted me to do community care something that no boy would ever do.I got out of that with a lot of begging ,pleading and crying.I would have been beaten to smitherines if i did that.

Kate Simmons
06-24-2006, 03:08 PM
I'll Catch, what a thought, chest protector, forms, shin guards, and squating to catch, flashing panties , what a sight.
Don't worry Kristen, I won't hit your BF's. Just make sure you wear a protective cup (LOL). I forgot to relate my disaster once when I was pitching. Someone hit a low line drive down center and got me "down south". I went on the ground and was hurting big time. Still wince when I think about that day. Learned from that one all right. :rolleyes: Ericka

Joy Carter
06-24-2006, 03:38 PM

Kath you forgot us bench warmers now !

Karren H
06-24-2006, 04:14 PM
Not me, allways the one that excelled at evey sport i tried....Football (all county lineman, Mr Lineman or the year award), Baseball, Track, basketball, ice hockey, bowling....

Love Karren

Barb Valentine
06-24-2006, 04:24 PM
Sign me up
I'm so good you can use me for home plate
(Not the catcher but the plate it self):heehee:

Sarah Rabbit
06-24-2006, 06:39 PM
I went to a 'All Boys' school.. What a drag. The Only sport I was good at was 'Gymnastics' unfortunately unless your a girl, once you get past a certain age there were No facilities for 'Males'. At School, for the most part it was either Rugby:rolleyes: or Cricket.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: both games I detested.. Volleyball did pick up a bit though, and only because we had Two State Champion players in our school. I did Love Rollerskating. I used to go Friday night, Saturday Morning, Saturday Night and Sunday Aftrernoon. Being in Aussie, we don't play 'Baseball' here, Can I be A Cheerleader for the team!!:happy:

Sarah R. :bunny:

Yael
06-25-2006, 06:44 AM
Great idea. Give new meaning to the term Pinch Hitter. OUCH! Smack! :slap:
Yael

KatieZ
06-25-2006, 07:25 AM
I was always last pick and I played terrible......but can I be a cheerleader anyway?!

Hugs

Michelle8
06-25-2006, 03:49 PM
I was a very good baseball player.But I always wanted to be
a cheerleader.So That would be fine with me.

jennig
06-25-2006, 05:07 PM
Hi not me eather was all county in baseball and football even got a full ride to collage thanks to baseball so I guess this midth is busted!

love jennig

Lady Katherine
06-25-2006, 09:05 PM
Thanks to so many of you girls, we have enough to field a team. I was looking for girls like myself who were usually among the last to be chosen in picking sides; and, we found enough. We also found many girls who were great athletes, and as promised, they'll be our cheerleaders. (We'll need all the help we can get).

The lineup:

Maureen, RF (she was first to volunteer)
Teresa, CF (she once hit a triple, surprising everyone)
Angela, 3B
Dana, LF,
Joy Carter, 1B ... she'll be wearing heels, with cleats
Helen, 2B
Marcia, SS
Kristen Kelly, C (shevolunteered) ... and Barb, as backup
Yeal, designated hitter
Ericka, pitcher ... she'll have to strike out EVERY batter on other side so the rest don't have to try to catch the ball

Our cheerleaders, athletes all, are Jennig, Sarah Roberts, Michelle 8, Paul, and Sharon.

NOW, for most important decision: Let's here suggestions for our uniforms. There were some suggestiions made. What do you all think?

Isn't this fun!
Thank you all ... you're all such sweeties. Katie (manager)

Cora
06-25-2006, 09:23 PM
What a great concept. The atheletes would be cheerleaders and the non-atheletes would compete. That is a fantastic concept!