PDA

View Full Version : Blonde or Black, who knows?

Marlene4a
11-26-2004, 03:31 AM
I don't know if the blonde wig looks the best or the black ?
What one do you wear that favors your:

1. facial figure
2. Eyes
3. shoulders,etc.

Oh, and by the way, I look like a "telephone pole" in a short wig, walking down the street.
So where does a long hair wig come into place? Being tall , it makes me look shorter.

?What are your thoughts ??

Me

Tristen Cox
11-26-2004, 03:50 AM
Marlene I like both blonde and black for myself, but honestly a nice long blonde wig really does fit my fancy. I like your first pic with the blonde one, would be better if I could see your face though, but I likes it. :D

*hugs*
Tristen

kimmjacoby
11-26-2004, 04:26 AM
i like the black wig, it looks more natural

Rachel Ann
11-26-2004, 05:37 AM
Marlene

I like to stay close to my natural color. I don't know what yours is, but I like the way that the black shows your face off.

This 6'0" gal is intrigued by the notion that a long wig might make me look shorter!

Wendy me
11-26-2004, 06:25 AM
the blonde always hot one but you look veary nice in eather one

Donna Louise
11-26-2004, 06:52 AM
Sweets,

It is hard to judge. It would help if we could see your full face in both.

I have several colors and styles. Most are blondes of different shades. They match my skin tone better then darker ones. I have one light brunette one that does look good. I was a natural blonde at one time in my life. Now it is mostly that other blonde - gray! :confused:

Looking at the pics that you posted, I have to say that I favor the blonde one. Wear what you like, enjoy and feel most confident in. After all we really only have to please ourselves.

Have a wonderful day
Donna Louise

DanaJ
11-26-2004, 08:56 AM
My advice is - experiment! Although I have dark hair (what's left of it), sometimes I look good in blond, sometimes not. A lot depends on the makeup, shade of foundation, clothes, etc.

One of the fun things about being a CD (or a GG) is that you can change your hair color a lot. My salon GG friends one month will be blond, then red, then brunette, I don't know how many of you know this, but when hairdressers have no clients, they experiment on each other's hair a lot....

Anyway - have you thought about auburn or a strawberry blond?

DanaJ

Stephanie Brooks
11-26-2004, 09:01 AM
Hi Marlene!

I prefer the black over the blonde, but my greater preference would be for something that most closely matches your natural color. If black is it, then there's your answer for the color. If not, then you might want to consider a color closer to yours.

Regarding length, if you have the bandwidth, go to http://www.wigs.com/catalog.html and download the catalogs. Some of them give hints regarding what styles and lengths work with specific face types. Frankly from what I've seen, face shape tends to dictate style much more than a person's height.

Assuming your goal is to pass, natural colors and styles keep you from appearing to be wearing a wig. Look at women around your age and body style and see how they're wearing their hair. With the holiday shopping season upon us, there are many opportunities for seeing how women actually wear their hair.

Hope this helps!

Georgette
11-26-2004, 09:21 AM
I try to stay with my natural color of a brunette, I would like to be as natural as possible , but thay don't make a salt & pepper gray & brunetteLOL
. I like the black on you though.
LOVE & HUGS G

Sharon
11-26-2004, 02:55 PM
Marlene:
The previous posts seem to be about evenly devided, but I'm leaning towards the dark hair. Of course the choice is limited because we don't get to see your pretty face in the first (blond) pic.

Julie
11-26-2004, 04:05 PM
Marlene, when I first saw your picture you wore the blonde wig, I must say though since you've had the black wig on your avatar it has really grown on me and I side towards that one.

JJ

Sweet Susan
11-26-2004, 04:07 PM
I like to stay to my natural color, as well, though I do enjoy a frosted look. For you, Marlene, I prefer the black. But that is, of course, entirely up to you.

racquel
11-26-2004, 04:11 PM
i agree with the majority.natural colour seems to work best,you seem a natural brunette.you look great in you avitar.

Jenna1561
11-26-2004, 04:14 PM
Marlene,

I too have a few different colors of wigs, while I enjoy the one blonde wig I have, I think my look is more natural with a brunette wig closer to my actual hair color.

I personally like the darker wig on you - I like the way it brings the color out in your face.

Love,
Jenna

ChristineRenee
11-26-2004, 04:31 PM
I do like the darker longer tresses on you Marlene...seems to suit your features the best. I can't really evaluate the blonde look without seeing your lovely face underneath it....sorry.

Love,
Christine Renee

rachel_jean
11-26-2004, 04:34 PM
That's a lotta blonde hair!!

Jury is still out awaiting more pics though..:)

Rachel Jean

sky0629
11-26-2004, 07:59 PM
you look very good in the dark hair. myself i'm into strawberry blond or dirty blond hair just a little lighter color not to dark not to light.
sky ;)

Marlene4a
11-27-2004, 12:20 AM
Thank you Sky and everyone, and thank you Stephanie for the link.

I know this is a tough one for someone trying to pass in public, and the poll here confirms my thoughts too. That possibly the dark hair would be best, however, I am still a little perplexed as to the length.

Love 'ya all.

Me

Celeste GG
11-27-2004, 12:40 AM
Get a wig that is your natural colour. O perhaps the colour you were 10 years a go for a fresher look. Thats for everyday hair, to be more passable :p . Matches your eyebrows and natural colouring.

But I'm sure every girl has a blonde or fiery redhead day.

Nice just for fun or a change. :p

Fallen Angel
12-23-2004, 10:31 PM
i like the blond wig as well you look much prettier in that one the black one does not match your skin tones