PDA

View Full Version : Going out versus at home

Josephine Bonne
06-24-2006, 03:49 PM
Hi Girls,
Just wanted to know how different you dress between when you go out versus when you stay home. I am refering to; make up, wig, nylons, bra, etc. If you just want to relax at home with your SO, do you still put on all the makeup and stuff, or do you just slip into your most comfortable skirt and top?
I still like to put on a little make up just to feel right and slip on a skirt and top.

christine55
06-24-2006, 03:54 PM
I kind of like a slightly dressy look which I usually wear at home. When I go out I have to dress down a bit so I don't look so overdressed. I like to go out about 5 or 6 pm so I look like I just got off work but out later at night you just look odd dressed for work.
Hugs, Christine

Kristen Kelly
06-24-2006, 04:04 PM
I kind of like a slightly dressy look which I usually wear at home. When I go out I have to dress down a bit so I don't look so overdressed. I like to go out about 5 or 6 pm so I look like I just got off work but out later at night you just look odd dressed for work.
Hugs, Christine

Same here, out more in nice top jeans and less make-up than home, but If I dont have time to put on make-up then its just panties and cami. Drag Nights are a different thing I don't dress my age, wear more off of the Juniors rack, tasteful but not ****ty, more make-up lashes, jewelry, those nights its........... Fun to Be a Girl

connie rotten
06-24-2006, 04:08 PM
When I'm going uot shopping I follow the good advice I've read hear and do a girl drab dressing.
But when I'm going out at night what I call going out going out I dress to the nines.
I wear my older more dated things around the house.

Karren H
06-24-2006, 04:10 PM
All or next to nothing for me....If I'm going to dress up, I dress up no matter where!!

Love Karren

Deidra Cowen
06-24-2006, 04:29 PM
At home I wear lingerie! Its comfy and I luv it.

When going out I wear all kinds of stuff...but mainly jeans and the type cloths GGs wear.

sara_also
06-24-2006, 04:39 PM
I echo what Karen has said..However, I to don't dress qiute so much when we go out so as not to draw too much attention.

Katiegirl
06-24-2006, 05:20 PM
When I am home I dress all the way make up, wig smart cloths and shoes and do the same if I go to a TG meetings which is now 3 times a month.

If I am out shopping I will wear slacks, a male top and shoes with no wig or breastforms. No one has noticed as far as I'm aware. On a day to day basis I wear clear nail varnish and female underwear. There may be a time soon when I will get out shopping dressed fully.

:happy:

SherriePall
06-24-2006, 05:32 PM
I usually dress up all the way at home, but it's not to relax with my wife who doesn't appreciate my dressing. I sometimes wear something at home that I wouldn't wear out to go to the mall or some place like that.

myMichelle
06-24-2006, 05:34 PM
If I'm just hangin' around the house, I don't usually bother with a wig and makeup. I feel just as femme regardless of hairstyle (or lack thereof!)

Sarah Rabbit
06-24-2006, 05:43 PM
I do not 'Pass' well therefore going out is not am option for me:sad:
When I dress at home, I dress as if I was' Visiting' family or friends, that is nice and feminine.

Sarar :bunny:

Sally24
06-24-2006, 06:00 PM
All or nothing for me as well. I just don't "get in the zone" unless I go all the way. That doesn't mean I dress for an evening out on the town when I'm just staying home and watching tv. Must have full make-up and wig and then whatever is appropriate clothing and acc. wise.

Sally

Kate Simmons
06-24-2006, 06:09 PM
Depends on what mood I'm in at the time. Sometimes I go all out when I go out, sometimes I feel casual. At home I'm usually more casual but sometimes get all dressed up just for the hell of it. Ericka

pinkshelly
06-24-2006, 11:18 PM
Depends on where were going. If it's out shoping I'll wear slack or a plain skirt. If it out to the bar then just about anything on the ****ty side....aw, good times. :D
Huggs, Shelly.

Fallen Angel
06-24-2006, 11:32 PM
bell sleeve tops and jeans around home.Going out is a different story try to dress as trendy as possible

Mandy Salamander
06-25-2006, 12:07 AM
as others have already pointed out, how i dress depends not only whether i'm going out, but where i'm going as well,, dressed-up f' a night on th' town, dressed-down f' shopping, etc., but since i live alone, i'm dressed mostly every night, 'n since at some point during th' evening, i'm gonna hafta walk th' dog, i am made-up and dressed presentably f' th' occasion,, but, if i have a bit of spare time, 'n no plans t' go anywhere, i'll often dress extravagantly and/or in outfits i seldom get th' opportunity t' wear out...

JuliaCD
06-25-2006, 01:33 PM
I never bother with makeup around the house if nobody is going to see me. I also wear my glasses, but put in my contact lenses if I'm going out. Like now, on a warm summer day: panties, bra and forms, cap sleeve t-shirt and short overalls. Very cute and comfy, but I'd never pass if someone saw me.

For going out, I do makeup appropriate for the time of day and situation, minimal for day, bolder and heavier for evening or party. My hair is all mine, so if I go out, I blow dry it with it brushed over the front of my head hanging in front so it's "poofier" when I brush it back. A friend in my TG social club told me she couldn't believe I wasn't full time, so I guess I'm getting pretty good at this!:happy:

~Julia

windycissy
06-25-2006, 01:59 PM
I rarely dress up at home anymore unless I'm going out: it takes me a good 90 minutes to do the hair, makeup, nails etc and after all that it's hardly worth it to just loll around my pad. Besides, I love to go out and about because it's like a total escape from reality, which I could hardly experience sitting on my sofa. But after I get back from a shopping spree, I love to try on my new things and fix dinner for myself while padding around my kitchen in my stockinged feet. Ask Windy