PDA

View Full Version : Bikini Zone Nightmare!

Michelle Ellis
06-24-2006, 08:46 PM
(sigh) did it again, I usually just trim real short to avoid the *pain* I have really fine light hair and it lays flat on my skin, I've tried razors, eletric foil shavers, triple headed electrics, net searches.... but I just keep carving myself up :( it's like the fine hair is too fine to actually cut, and it gets ripped out with electric shavers and my skin is just WAY to sensitive for a regular razor. Personal problem I know LOL but maybe someone could give me some advice?

Thanks so much!
Michelle

dancer1
06-24-2006, 09:49 PM
Go to a salon and get the job done right, you will be best advised to inform them of your needs as your, male parts will be exspose and certian, handleing persedure are requier.
Best wishes and :hugs: Nadeen

Michelle Ellis
06-24-2006, 10:09 PM
great advice! :) wish I were brave enough for that hehe

Connieminiskirts
06-25-2006, 12:05 AM
Go to walmart, walgreens, or such type store, go tot he drug counter ask where they keep the hair removing lotions, at most walmarts they are in the makeup area. there is a mans hir removing lotion, but i did not like it all that much, I normally use the "Sally Hansen" brand or else good ole "NAIR" use the cream, BUT DO NOT RUB IT IN as with a moisurizer. when you shower off, follow the directions!! DO NOT WASH IT OFF WITH SOAP! Just use water, and a wash clothe, and wipe gently. It works, and is a whole lot safer than a razor! Been using creams for better than 5 years and they DO work. At least on the legs, arms and body. Dont like how they wirk on my face. Have not had good results there yet.

Karren H
06-25-2006, 07:40 AM
I use my old mustash trimmer, has a higth guide so that the blades never touch the skin....

Love Karren

Wenda
06-25-2006, 07:31 PM
I have used Veet and have waxed, with mixed results, from great to crummy. I shave with a Gillette Mach III and Aveeno shaving gel. I shave in the tub. I shave everything. I had a few ingrown hairs at first, but they eventually disappear. Good Luck.

vcutenyc
06-25-2006, 08:48 PM
there is a product called Bodygroomer from Norelco. It's a new product. It's a shaver and it works pretty darn well. I have to say. It is easy to use all over your body and very gently on the skin. It's great for all over removal and then take a razor to legs or anywhere else you want totally smooth.

vcutenyc
06-25-2006, 08:57 PM
and sorry to follow my own post but everyone who recommends waxing is right on the money. that is the best way short of permanent removal. I've had several full body waxes and shaving just doesnt compare to the smoothness you get with waxing. it hurts but its worth and it gets easier every time.

Kimberley
06-25-2006, 09:05 PM
Waxing is your best bet. It hurts like crazy the first couple of times but after that is no big deal.. I suggest a couple of Extra Strength Tylenol before the first couple of times.

The best results are at a salon but you can do it at home. Parissa probably make about the best I have come across.

Aftercare is the tricky part. Azulene right after then tea tree oil daily after that. This will keep your skin moisturized and help prevent ingrown hairs. Washing with a loofah or wash mitt is highly recommended...

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!

Stay out of the sun for at least 2 days!!! (no sunbathing in the nude)

Kimberley