PDA

View Full Version : First time buying bra

Josephine Bonne
06-24-2006, 09:51 PM
Out side of hidded times in the closet with bra that did not fit; it is time for me to buy my first bra! Help!!! I measure about 39" at my ribcage just below the nipples, I do have smallish breast that I would assume not quite an A cup. Looked on the web and so many choices; soft bras, padded, pushup, etc. Just do not know where to start. Any advice is more than welcomed. I am still to shy to go and have a fitting, really am a wimppy chick. Thanks.

pinkshelly
06-24-2006, 11:03 PM
Start with a 38 oh I don't know, (b). Start cheep, cause you will make mistakes. You don't wnat to go real big in the cup, unless your just doing it for the fetish. If ti's to tight exchange it for a 40b.
Just remember, most people thing you buying for a girlfriend or wife. So don't be going off thinking everone is watching you and thinking your sick. Also this is suppose to be fun. Go with it.
Huggs, Shelly.

Donnie
06-24-2006, 11:53 PM
Buy a few, go a little crazy, it will feel better than anything you have ever done! Cant have enough bras!

Stephenie S
06-25-2006, 12:02 AM
Dear Josephine,

Pinkshelly has given you some good advice. Start cheap 'cause you are
going to make some mistakes. And 38 or 40 sounds about right to start.

However, a cheap bra is just that, a cheap bra. The difference between a quality bra and a bargain basement one is significant. A good bra is MUCH more comfortable and just plain works better.

If you buy from, say, "One Hanes Place" (store or internet), you will be able to take it, or send it, back to exchange for a different size. You can just keep trying until you get it right.

It's not easy, and they say that many GGs are wearing the wrong size too, but measure yourself (or get someone to help you) carefully and follow the size guide on any good bra site or catalog.

For a start, I'd recomend the BALI Flower Bra. It's well made and available in a VAST range of sizes. It's not very sexy looking, but it's a nice bra. Once you get an idea of your size, the sky's the limit. Let yourself go girl!! You can own as many different styles as you want. It's really fun, too.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Barb Valentine
06-25-2006, 01:39 AM
Hi Josephine
I went thought the same thing not to long ago
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24678
Just email the store and ask if they are CD friendly
I think you'll find most are they just want your money
You could set a time up and go in when there not busy
But why waste time and money on something that may or may not fit

older not wiser
06-25-2006, 02:25 AM
Hi Josephine, I would buy a 38 band size, now the question is how big abust do you want? Why not try a B cup for now? The cup size should be determined by your build(small, medium or large) the larger your build the bigger the cup as not to stand out. I have a large build but do not want to stand out so I wear a 40B bra underwire. One of the girls suggested a Bali flower underwire bra, try it!!!
Now here's another question, what about how are you going to fill the cups with? Are you going to use foam forms, silicone forms, water balloons, rolled up socks etc etc. Hope this helps!!!!

Love; BonnieAnne:GE:

Girly Sara
06-25-2006, 06:46 AM
Hi there Josephine,

Hope you're ok. I'd definitely suggest a proper bra fit at a CD-friendly shop like i did so it'll be perfect and sit right, first time. If you don't feel at ease doing this, follow the guidelines in the following link: http://www.contessa.co.uk/assistance.asp#top which i hope will help you.

As far as the type of bra, i would recommend an 'underwired' for better support, especially when wearing wearing silicone infills. Also ensure your cup size is proportionate to your body frame.

Hope this info helps hun and good luck!

Sara xxxx

Karren H
06-25-2006, 07:33 AM
If you have a Kohl's store near you, grab a few bras (38, 40) and a few male items and go into the mens dressing room (unassisted dressing rooms) and try them on!!! No big deal. I try on female clothing in male mode there all the time.

Love Karren

Carroll
06-25-2006, 08:19 AM
If it is any help, I did an article on how to measure yourself for a bra. go to
http://www.vickyvogue.com/crossdresspage2.html#april4 and look for the article called "Doing the Math!" (April 4th 2004) With the advice that these other ladies have given (BTW there are GREAT ideas here I never thought of:thumbsup: ) you should have no problem!

Carroll

GabrielleS
06-25-2006, 12:31 PM
If it is any help, I did an article on how to measure yourself for a bra. go to
http://www.vickyvogue.com/crossdresspage2.html#april4 and look for the article called "Doing the Math!" (April 4th 2004) With the advice that these other ladies have given (BTW there are GREAT ideas here I never thought of:thumbsup: ) you should have no problem!

Carroll

Hi Carroll.....what a bunch of great articles you put together!!!! Answers a bunch of my questions that I have not yet asked!!!! Absoulately wonderful!!
Thanks so much for posting this.
:hugs:
Debbie