PDA

View Full Version : My David's Bridal Bridal Gown Fitting

Michelle2008
06-25-2006, 09:45 PM
Hi Girls!

I haven't started to many threads since I joined this wonderful site but I just have to tell you about my wonderful day yesterday. I had called my local David's Bridal store a few weeks ago and explained who I was and that I wanted to possibly buy a bridal gown with all the accesories. They couldn't of been more friendly and accepting. Before my bridal gown fitting I went to my salon for a makeover. I had my wig/hair styled and full make-up. A GG friend of mine came with me to David's Bridal and we had so much fun. At check-in I remembered being so nervous and anxious but as soon as my personal attandent...Kristen....came over to introduce herself to me and my friend, she immediately made a comment how she loved my earrings. From this point on I was so relaxed.

I tried on several gowns and each time I walked out of the dressing room and stepped onto this little platform so Kristen could pull the gown out onto the floor to show the train...I remembered feeling so special and like a princess. Kristen would then put various veils and tiaras on me. I tried on different style of long white satin gloves and jewerly. I truly got the royal treatment.

Everyone in the store whether they were other employees or other brides getting their bridal gown fitting...everyone was so nice and accepting. I have so many emotions I could talk about but don't want this to be too long. I just still can't believe I did it and can't believe David's Bridal was so accepting. I am going to attach some pics of the gown I picked out and will purchase. Today I feel so peaceful. I feel I acheived a higher level of womanhood. Does that make sense? If anyone is thinking their dreams of being accepted and looked at as a true woman can't or won't happen... don't hold yourself back! It will and can happen if you chose to make it happen like I did.

Thanks Everyone!
Michelle

vcutenyc
06-25-2006, 09:58 PM
Hi, thats so cool. I would love a wedding dress and since David's prices are so affordable that seems like the route to go. Are they going to make alterations for you? Also, do you think they have dresses for us 6' + girls?

Michelle2008
06-25-2006, 10:17 PM
Yes, their prices are very affordable so I would definitely give them a try. Also, they will do all the alterations for me. The gown I had on in the pic is a size 14 and I need a size 18 for proper fit so they I have a size 18 on order right now. It should arrive in about 2 weeks at which point I will go back in to try it on again and have their alterations woman measure to know where to alter the gown and stuff. I can't wait to try on my size 18 gown...YAY!!!

And yes, they have gown of ALL sizes...big/tall...they have it. During my fitting across the room was a very tall thin woman getting her bridal gown fitted. I can't say for sure if she was 6 feet tall but she was very close to being that tall and she tried on more gowns then I did. I guess some girls are more picky than others....hahahahaha. Please call them....its so worth it!

Take Care,
Michelle

michelle19845
06-25-2006, 10:43 PM
that's been one of my dreams .one of these days when i got the money to spare.you look great!

uknowhoo
06-25-2006, 11:25 PM
What a wonderful story, Michelle. Congratulations on your bold move, I'm so happy for you. Thanks for sharing, sweetie. Hugs, Tammi

vcutenyc
06-26-2006, 12:19 AM
i guess the question now is when is the big day?

Michelle2008
06-26-2006, 01:43 AM
i guess the question now is when is the big day?

No date set right now. Just living out a fantasy of getting fitted for a bridal gown and buying one. When I do set a date...I will need bridesmaids. Any girls wanna offer.....????? hahahahaha

Take Care,
Michelle

Sophia Rearen
06-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Awesome, Michelle. That's on my to do list as well. Way to go.

Angie G
06-26-2006, 11:25 AM
I'm not geting one but I did wear a 2pc. gown on that was a frend of my wife when she did some work on it, it was a $1000 dress and it was nice loved having it on talk about a feeling wow.:OMG:
Angie G.

MsJanessa
06-26-2006, 12:00 PM
love the gown darling---now come to Ms Janessa and let Me do your hair and makeup

ChristineRenee
06-26-2006, 12:06 PM
That's simply a gorgeous gown there Michelle. Glad to hear that you had such a positive experience with them as well...congrats!:happy:

Michelle2008
06-26-2006, 12:26 PM
love the gown darling---now come to Ms Janessa and let Me do your hair and makeup

Thanks to all you girls who read and/or responded to my thread. Also, I would love to accept your offer Ms Janessa. Though my makeup was looking better about 4-5 hours earlier as I had my makeover done at my salon 4-5 earlier. My makeup was kinda rubbing off and needed to be touched-up. You can see from my pics that I wear braces on my lower arms...its b/c I have a physical disability that affects my lower arms/wrist/fingers that causes me to have a hard time physically gribbing anything small like makeup sticks and brushes. I am limited to finding accepting and willing GG's and CD's to do my makeup. But believe me, that doesn't stop me.....thanks again to all my sisters in here!

Michelle

Girly Sara
06-26-2006, 12:36 PM
Hi Michelle,

So glad you had a positive experience at the bridal shop, hun. Excellent! Although i've been brave enough to have a bra fitting and go shopping enfemme, i'm yet to have a bridal gown fitting.

Well done and keep on enjoying your feminine side!

Sara xxx

Michelle Ellis
06-26-2006, 03:32 PM
wow! what a day :) I bet you had so much fun. I wish I could work up the nerve for that! :o

racquel
06-26-2006, 06:09 PM
We were married at home but I could not convince my s/o to allow me a wedding dress.Maybe for our 25'th, a re-newal service?
Well done Michelle.

Melanie R
06-26-2006, 10:42 PM
Michelle,

You continue to amaze us with your continuing steps out of the closet. With the bridal gown now all you need is an accepting GG who will marry you with you in the bridal gown. Perhaps the ceremony could take place on the Voyager of the Seas as we all cross the Atlantic on the Dignity 31 cruise next December. Now that would be every crossdressers dream come true and many of your dreams have come true.

Love you,

Your adopted mothers Melanie and Peggy

Michelle2008
06-27-2006, 12:34 AM
Thanks Melanie,

I was hoping you would see my David's Bridal thread/story. I have you and Peggy to thank for opening these flood gates of mine. The Dignity Cruise last October was truly a life altering experience for me and has given me so many ideas of things I want to experience and the courage to make these dreams come true.

Take Care,
Michelle