PDA

View Full Version : Need an honest opinion...

rachel_jean
11-26-2004, 03:34 PM
The compliments always feel great, but, some constructive critism is more helpful. That said, take a look at these and please give me your HONEST opinion.

My current goal is to look less like myself, hoping this may help my wife more when I'm dressed. I can understand he side as to no like seeing 'her husband in a dress', so the less I look like him and more like 'Rachel', the better for all.

My own critisisms so far.
-White those teeth - too much coffee
-Not sure how to style the hair
-Get some better make-up

Thanks,
Rachel Jean

Laura Jane
11-26-2004, 03:44 PM
The compliments always feel great, but, some constructive critism is more helpful. That said, take a look at these and please give me your HONEST opinion.

My current goal is to look less like myself, hoping this may help my wife more when I'm dressed. I can understand he side as to no like seeing 'her husband in a dress', so the less I look like him and more like 'Rachel', the better for all.

-Get some better make-up

Thanks,
Rachel Jean

I think you are almost there, a great look.....short of anything really radical, perhaps just a bit of plucking of the eyebrows and a bit of a pout of the lips.

Sandra H
11-26-2004, 03:52 PM
You look great to me. Your hair is nice and your make-up is not too thick and heavy, it looks natural. It will be difficult to look less like yourself, as your face shape etc will remain the same.

The only thing I would say, as friendly criticism is your dress is far too short it makes you look cheap and you do not have the legs for it. Sorry, but you asked for honest opinions.

ChristineRenee
11-26-2004, 03:58 PM
Thinning out your eyebrows would help to give you a more feminine look facially. Otherwise, I think you look very good. The makeup isn't overdone, a mistake many novices will often make. Nice job overall Rachel!

Love,
Christine Renee

racquel
11-26-2004, 04:04 PM
i think you look good.maybe a different colour on the eyes,more earth tones?and of course the #1 thing,practise,practise,practise.maybe genevieve will have some advise.

Stephanie Brooks
11-26-2004, 04:11 PM
Hi Rachel Jean!

There's lots of good here. Those are great pictures!

I'd first focus on the makeup if I were you. I can't tell how good the foundation is, but it's probably not bad. In any case, it should cover the beard. If you can keep it covered for 8 hours, you're doing well. If you can do so for 16 hours, you're a Love! Tell me your secret!

Eye makeup is needed. Mascara, a bit of eye liner, and eye shadow are essential, but don't overdo it. I can't tell if you have lipstick, but if you do you might try other colors. Blusher would help too. GGs can go for subtlety, and we should too. However, they already look like girls; we do not, so we need to "cover errors". Makeup books (and possibly websites) can give some guidance.

Best advice I can give is practice. Try some things. Lay it on thick, lay it on light. Go for gruesome and go for gorgeous. Try for something that says "female". It is truly amazing what makeup can do. It doesn't take long to learn, but it does take practice.

The hair looks okay, though others may have suggestions.

The teeth are fine, at least as far as I can tell. Human teeth aren't perfectly white, unless you're in Hollywood or in a dentist's office where the doctor has kids in college.

I hope that helps!!!!!

LilMsShy1
11-26-2004, 04:12 PM
Hi Rachel, Girls,

I 3rd the motion on the eye brows, but I'd do more than just a thining, I started over the course of about 4 weeks, gradually thining them & arching as I went, they now R as thin & as arched as my wifes! Did them gradually as I did not want it to be noticed to those that I'm not out 2, read that trick somewhere, lol. Other than that I think U R doing it pretty well!

Hugs,
Brianne :)

Jenna1561
11-26-2004, 04:30 PM
Rachel,

In all honesty, you already look pretty good. Eyebrows make a big difference if you can carry it off. If you're trying to look distinct from the male you, I'd try things that aren't normally you.

If you are able, let your fingernails grow and keep them maintained, then a few coats of a nice polish. A little more jewelry: some rings, bracelets, ear rings (clip on or pierced if able).

As others have said, makeup can change your look quite a bit, but I'd try not to go overboard. Neutral eye shadows, a little mascara and liner, lipsticks - again light or natural tones is how I'd go. You need to experiment and find looks that are complimentary and subtlely change you.

Good luck and let us know how things are going.

Love,
Jenna

DonnaT
11-26-2004, 04:39 PM
Not bad. Need a beard cover under the foundation.

Brows would look better arched and thinned a little. I gradually thined mine over time and my wife hasn't even noticed. Not real thin mind you but neat and a little thinner. This helps when you want to put an arch in also.

Here's a link to how arching the brow is done. Mind you that the site is more for drag than normal, but the technique is similar, just don't pull tape so tight.

http://www.draag.com/tips/prep/wigcap1.html

Fallen Angel
11-26-2004, 06:12 PM
undefinedundefinedundefinedundefined :D

-Get some better make-up

Thanks,
Rachel Jean

Fallen Angel
11-26-2004, 06:22 PM
sorry about the first reply i made a bobo!
your make up could us some help. if you remove the 5 oclock shadow you would look wounderfull i use dermablend it hides alot of blemishes and that shadow look use neuteral at first and if your skin tone is lighter than try a darkershade. theres a company in england that has a great make up buts its very expensive and dermablen will even cover tattoos and it has a seting pwder thats great it holds your make up on for hours god luck in trying this and im sorry about my first reply your friend fallen angle 1

Teddie
11-26-2004, 06:53 PM
Yes, the eyebrows need a little work. And, the lips could be fuller. I'm also seeing a bit of a beard shadow, but that may be the camera bring that out. You could get an arch to the eyebrows, thus opening your eyes up more, by using the wig cap/tape trick like what Genevieve mentioned http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3053 And, a touch more eye makeup, but not too much. But, you do look very nice.

Darby
11-26-2004, 08:30 PM
Rachael,
A trick I do, you might want to try. You need to arch and maybe pluck a little on the brows. Go to CVS or Walgreens and look for an eye bro stencil kit called Eyebrowz. It comes with a few feminine eye brow stencil shapes that, after you put your make up on, hold the stencil to your eye brow line and use the powder/brush that comes with it. With your brows being thicker, while your at the store, also get some "moustache wax". It comes in a very small tube and definitely get the clear! Before putting on your foundation, put a good amount of this on your own brows and flatten them down. By the time your putting on your finish powder, your not going to see any of your own brows AT ALL! It works perfectly for me but I do pluck mine a little also as of lately.

rachel_jean
11-26-2004, 08:55 PM
Many ThankX All.

I see what I can do about the eyebrows. Do I read somewhere that you should pluck from the bottom on the brow instead of the top?

Darby, I look into the EyeBrowz kit also.

Sandra, I thought I had boney (sp?) legs also, that another reason I like boots and dark stockings (or, did you see something else, which I didn't?)

The dermablend sounds worthwhile also.

As far as the general make-up goes, well... 'the girl scouts stole it'

Actually, my wife had given me some of her stuff which she doesn't use a while back. Then last year or so, she took her GS troop on an weekend outing and asked if she could borrow it back. Wellm when it made it's way back home, it was pretty much trashed, and since until recently I have forgone wearing much make-up, just nail polish and such. Shopping list is growing.

I post some new pics after my new acquisitions and more practice.

Rachel Jean

Celeste GG
11-27-2004, 12:58 AM
Pretty good, but the concensus is definitely the eyebrows need work.

Pluck as much as you can without causing too much attention. The mono brow is definitely out for both men and women.

There is one other trick you can use which will take ten yeas off your age and look like you are on hormones.

Place wigcap on before wig. Get gaffer tape or elastic bandage roll put tape above eyebrow area just above wig line. Pull back and over top of head to other eye.

I'm not explaining it very well, but place one hand either side of your eyebrows, above temples and pull back with hands. that the kind if instnt face/ eyebrow lif you can get. but it's not very comfy.

But we must all suffer for our beauty

and dermablend is the best.

Celeste

Rachel Ann
11-27-2004, 01:46 AM
rachel jean

Well most of it has been said - everybody seems to agree about your eyebrows.

I think that you have a *lovely* face and I like your hair style. But, something more swirly instead of straight bangs would look more feminine.

Going for a more pouty or fuller lip look would be good too.

As far as your legs go, those big boots (and the red heels in your av) exaggerate the thinness of your legs. Just get some sweet little shoes (pumps or sandles) with medium heels.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of you, you are very pretty!

Love

jessica s
11-27-2004, 03:34 AM
Maybe some nice red lipstick and blush along with plucking your eyebrows would be a nice compliment. Here's to looking pretty! Jessica

tightsuk1969
11-27-2004, 05:12 AM
you look great love your make up is great ,only one thing i will say is try a red lipstick that might look better on u.

neil