PDA

View Full Version : Look what's in today's front page

Mitzi
06-26-2006, 12:08 PM
This morning I sensed a chilliness from my wife. After breakfast, I picked up the the morning paper, and this (http://www.insidebayarea.com/oaklandtribune/ci_3981407) jumped out.

She's known about my dressing for almost 20 years, and has been unrelentingly unaccepting, but for most of those years chose to look the other way, and would broach the subject only when we clashed over other matters.

Because of an unfortunate incident a couple of year ago, she has become downright hostile to my dressing, so any glare of publicity over our "lifestyle" tends to create a period of unease between us.

But life goes on...and all considered, I'm very content with mine

Mitzi

MsJanessa
06-26-2006, 12:10 PM
got it

Joy Carter
06-26-2006, 01:17 PM
Aw Mitzi life souldn't be this way Hun, you "BOTH" deserve to come to a common ground on this thing. Best of luck to you both just talk Hun.

Ellaine
06-26-2006, 03:08 PM
Hi Mitzi We've just had a case of a homosexual couple who fostered children, being found guilty of abusing the children. The biggest "acceptance" bogey that is so awful, blasting out from the tele screen.

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/crime/article1096050.ece

At least the publicity you showed, is talking of the fun and glamour of the subculture. This publicity, if anything is good. IMO

Is there no way you can let her see that it actually is a positive thing for you in some way? Perhaps if you were somehow just a little extra nice because you have been dressing? A little less likely to get exasperated at her attitude. A little more likely to take her out. Give her a chance to doll-up?
Forgive me babe, I'm just so frustrated for you.

Joy put it so succinctly.

Thinking of you.

Carroll
06-26-2006, 03:27 PM
its too bad that the media tends to make our world so challenging. It is nice to see a good article about it, albeit flamboyant drag queens. Its hard for me to see some of my sisters have to hide or be at odds with their SO's. I also understand them as I had to hide it from 2 EX's.

Best of luck sweety
:hugs: Carroll

Mitzi
06-26-2006, 08:28 PM
Why, thank you for your supportive messages...

I hadn't intended the post to be a lament, simply a showcase for the front page lead in story. The background bit was just supposed to be a sidebar.

We almost parted ways when the "incident" (an eBay related foulup) occurred, but I believe when she got over her anger, she realized life would not be the same without me around to smooth over the rough spots. I, for my part, desperately wanted to stay with her. While I still dress whenever I can, I have indeed become much more sensitive to her needs and she seems content.

So I think (hope) we've reached an unspoken "don't ask, don't tell" level of non acceptance.

I repeat, life is good in so many ways, I too am content.

Mitzi

Wenda
06-26-2006, 08:56 PM
If I could just swap careers, right now, I would become a female impersonator. Congratultions on making the front page!

Mitzi
06-26-2006, 09:55 PM
OMG...

Wenda, you thought the Mitzi Li whose picture appears in the article was me? Fortunately, no, and our marriage is still intact...I wonder how many other viewers thought the same thing. Wow, that would've made the story a lot spicier...:happy:

Mitzi

jackie03
06-27-2006, 12:09 AM
h Mitzi,
i am also in a marrige of DADT she found about two years after thirty years together, she hates it, we don't talk about it ,i dress when i can i love her so much see loves me ,we are great friends and lovers. it works, we were out at a party the other night and for the first time in nine months she said "are you ok" i said "yes why" she said " are you ok about dressing alone" i said "yes" she said "good i want you to be happy and i love you " so that my long story but it works for me i hope you you work it out
hugs
jackie