PDA

View Full Version : pop videos

helencd
06-26-2006, 05:13 PM
Hi girls

Just wondered how many girls out thier had seen fantastic girls in pop videos and wanted to dress like them or had idea's i love the pop vids of the 80's Robert Palmer "addicted to love" the 5 girls in the back ground all in black outfit short skirts shocking high heels sheer black hose and stunning red glossy lips and moving slowly mmm then ZZTOP always had beautiful girls in thier vids so any other vids you can remember then share

Helen

Maria2004
06-26-2006, 05:27 PM
Celine Dion ,"Im Alive" and "A New Day Has Come" music videos.

Yes I am
06-26-2006, 05:30 PM
I recall Mrs. Britney Spears' first music video having a rather profound impact on me when it first premiered.

Joy Carter
06-26-2006, 05:31 PM
Belinda Carlile of the GoGo's

Pat Benatar

Stevie Nicks

All fine looking gals ! Oh and they dressed great too.

Toyah
06-26-2006, 06:19 PM
Hmmm lets see now Toyah Wilcox
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW-swyCgvY0&search=Toyah%20Willcox%20music%20video
A real performer.
Additicted to love awesome
Pat Benatar
Kate Bush
and Belinda Carlisle

Kimberley
06-26-2006, 06:32 PM
I wish the music industry would tone down the videos. We are seeing 13 year olds dressed like.... well you put in your own descriptive.

We see teens emulating and following their favourite stars... Can we say respect has gone down the dumper?

We see a demand for instant gratification. What ever happened to working to get what you want?

I think the media has a lot to answer for when it comes to social problems and the music industry is fuelling it with hydrazine...

Kimberley.

ava_bruna
06-26-2006, 06:34 PM
What have ive been missing? some of the counrty vid's are so kool too but this was sooooo sexy. just LOVE!!! that dress and what's in it:D

EricaCD
06-26-2006, 06:36 PM
As my former signature line indicated, The Bangles were particularly memorable...

jenny_centaur
06-26-2006, 06:44 PM
Absolutely!

Stevie Nicks singing Rhiannon live in 1976-ish.
The Bangles.
Britney Spears (especially "Toxic" - great song too!)
Alison Goldfrapp
Beyonce (that bit in "Crazy in Love" where she flips the back of her little skirt up drives me crazy in love, plus I'm convinced there's a tranny dancer in that video).
Best of all - all Garbage videos. Shirley Manson has legs to die for. I love the music too.

(Erica - I may have said it before, but you really do look like you should be in the Bangles :love: )

Karren H
06-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Love the Robert Palmer video!! Thought he had two like that? And the Belinda Carlile video. Loved her dress. And all Pat Benitars videos.

Love Karren

xingdays
06-27-2006, 01:06 AM
How about any of the outfits that Jewel wears in the Intuition.video?

Vash
06-27-2006, 01:10 AM
Yeah ,for me it's Nancy Wilson of Heart

hilarygirl
06-27-2006, 02:30 AM
Oh yes for sure! My favorite is Hilary Duff in "The Beat of my Heart" and her others as well. She is so sweet and cute, and I must admit, the kind of girl I strive to be :heehee: Also Britney Spears in her first video when she was wearing the little schoolgirl outfit! OMG, just too cute!

Love, Hilary

Michelle Ellis
06-27-2006, 03:47 AM
Gwen Stefani from No Doubt. She is so beatiful, talented... such a girlie girl :) I admire her a lot.

Toyah
06-27-2006, 05:33 AM
Oh heck I forgot Cher who is more CD than most CDs, and the wonderfull Tina Turner. I also remember the stunning dresses of Diana Ross they really were something else would love to try all of them

Amanda Harriman
06-27-2006, 05:58 AM
Absolutely!

Best of all - all Garbage videos. Shirley Manson has legs to die for. I love the music too.

(Erica - I may have said it before, but you really do look like you should be in the Bangles :love: )

I love Garbage. Shirley is super hot. My favorite is "Special"
Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEmYzE9Eqj0&search=Garbage%20Special

Lynn
06-27-2006, 06:04 AM
The Robert Palmer Girls !

Dave3
06-27-2006, 06:46 AM
I have found - at least for me - the "ultimate" Pop Video which I could swear blind was written for crossdressers!

Title: "Biology"
By: "Girls Aloud"

:love: :love: :love:

The video clip is really worth seeing. The outfits (multiple changes) are terrific. The lyrics really do seem as if they were written by / for crossdressers, eg;

You can't mistake my biology
The way that we talk,
The way that we walk,
It's there in our thoughts

The way that we talk,
The way that we walk,
So easily caught

The way that we talk,
The way that we walk,
We're gonna cause a controversy

(I especially like the controversy bit. Is that 'us' or what:tongueout )

It is possible to view an online (shockwave / flashplayer?) Mini clip (very small resolution) via their website:
www.girlsaloud.co.uk
Broadband connection will be required, and to view the entire clip requires a 'sign up' (free) with a valid email address. (I have done so, and have received only a couple of emails from their website once every few weeks - no spam problems). Once signed in, click on 'music and videos (upper centre of page), then scroll through approx 10 'next pages' (bottom right), until you can click on the full length button next to BIOLOGY.

Although I'd love to get my hands on a full quality DVD of this music video, the website preview is still WORTHWHILE!!

Let me know what you think too..... :thumbsup:

JiveTurkeyOnRye
06-27-2006, 08:46 AM
In high school I loved the Britney Spears videos, both Baby One More Time when she had on the schoolgirl outfit, and Drive me Crazy when she had on the green camisole and black dance pants. Then a few years later the Shakira videos for "Whenever, Wherever" and "Underneath your clothes" had me feeling jealous. Also, Christina's "Dirrrty" video, about halfway through there's cut shots of her in a factory dancing in this really short skirt that I love.

Currently Shakira's "Hips don't lie" is the video I fantasize about being in.

Gurly
06-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Well, technically she's not considered pop (even though she is) but Shania Twain's video for "Man, I Feel Like a Woman". Yikes.

LaceyDee
06-27-2006, 10:34 AM
Well this is an interesting thread.......Garbage...I really loved that song and her voice and I never knew who did it, so thanks. Would love to look like that. Also Pat Benatar. I love the combination of rough and beautiful.

kymmieLorain
06-27-2006, 11:28 AM
Oh, yeah the ZZtop Legs, I just love the outfits. Some of the Crue videos. The white dress the girl in Whitesnake(?) video "is this love" is so hot. I would love to have.

Kymmie

tekla west
06-27-2006, 11:58 AM
When I worked the Destiny's Child show in Oakland last year we filled a 54 foot semi with nothing but wardrobe for the girls. Yikes! The dresses were awesome, the staging top rate, the dancers way cool, too bad they were doing Destiny's Child music - I was wishing I had some James Brown to play in the headphones while I watched.

No Doubt about it, Gwen is one pretty woman, who can wear just about anything very well.

My Madonna fetish is still on, but....

Watch old footage of Grace Slick and the Jefferson Airplane say about '68/69 - that girl rocked and looked great too.

tekla west
06-27-2006, 12:25 PM
PS, the girl in the Whitesnake vid was named Tawny Kitaen.

Husband: David Coverdale (musician, Whitesnake, m. 17-Feb-1989, div. Apr-1991)
Husband: Chuck Finley (m. 20-Nov-1997, div. 4-Apr-2002)
Daughter: Wynter (b. 18-Mar-1993, with Finley)
Daughter: Raine (b. 1-Jun-1998, with Finley)
Boyfriend: O. J. Simpson (football player)
Boyfriend: Jerry Seinfeld
Boyfriend: Jon Stewart (1995)
Slept with: Tommy Lee
High School: Mission Bay High School, San Diego, CA (dropped out)
Vandalism Arrested 18-Apr-2001 for keying an automobile
Domestic Violence 1-Apr-2002 against husband Chuck Finley
unknown detox facility Las Vegas, NV
unknown detox facility Phoenix, AZ
Risk Factors: Depression, Dyslexia

Proving that no one looks good in a mug shot see:

eonline.com/On/Holly/Shows/Kitaen/Gallery/Images/kitaen.8.jpg

helencd
06-27-2006, 03:17 PM
Oh heck I forgot Cher who is more CD than most CDs, and the wonderfull Tina Turner. I also remember the stunning dresses of Diana Ross they really were something else would love to try all of them
hi girls some great songs and vids listed thier and some fantastic outfits a young lady in a school girls outfit mmm wow but i fogeot about Annie lennox a very powerfull women she may have dressed very manly in some vids but still very fem at the same time her makeup was always outstanding !

helen

Carla68
07-09-2006, 03:34 PM
For me it has to Girls Aloud or Pussycat Dolls. We all can dream !! lol

Regards

Carla68

Calliope
07-09-2006, 06:58 PM
Watch old footage of Grace Slick and the Jefferson Airplane say about '68/69 - that girl rocked and looked great too.

Remember the 'power salute' on the Smothers Brothers? Talk about grunge! Slick was crazed!

I wonder if Joni Mitchell did any (proto-)videos, maybe something from Don Juan's Reckless Daughter (cross-dressed as black dude on album cover)?

I didn't much care for MTV but I'll admit Cyndi Lauper's 'Time After Time' was powerful (girl) mythology.

jo_ann
07-10-2006, 06:26 PM
I've always found gwen stefani to be beautiful!
http://static.flickr.com/58/186829811_77eb0b982c.jpg

I found madonna to be beautiful in her early punk/glamour theme
http://static.flickr.com/68/186828407_4092ca24f9.jpg

And of course, robert palmer I've always admired the ladies in his videos!
http://static.flickr.com/73/186828409_b1c33477d2.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/44/186828410_3b2a69bdee.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/65/186828411_dabfcc5a12.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/61/186828412_3d664129e2.jpg

wannabie
07-10-2006, 06:49 PM
One of the pussycat dolls. they may not have any talent but they do have the looks.:p

Maureen
07-12-2006, 05:06 PM
I don't think I've ever seen anyone look more beautiful or feminine than Christina Aguilera in her new video for the song "Ain't no other man". Flawless hair, make-up, and a body to die for. She is everything I'd love to be!

lady lycra
07-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Love the Robert Palmer video!!

Ah, the Addicted to Love video!!!

My dream look is of the girls in the short black dresses with bright red lips.

That's what I see myself as.... Sadly, it's far from reality.
I have the dress, the shoes and the lippy, but not the figure :(

Linda

Jazmine Star
07-12-2006, 08:55 PM
Whenever I see a pop music video with gorgeous girls dancing in great outfits I always want to get up and dance with them (which only happens if I'm at home alone). One that I love pretending I'm a part of is the "Like an Egyptian" video - so much fun!

StacyD
07-12-2006, 09:51 PM
I really like the Gwen Stephanie videos, they are almost addictive for me. But a long time ago I had the opportunity to dress up in public as a joke with several guys and two GG's and do an air band to the Go Go's. I still look back with fond memories of that night.

Mellisa S.
07-12-2006, 09:56 PM
Anything that Posh Spice wore!