PDA

View Full Version : CD-Friendly Tailor/Seamstress

EricaCD
06-26-2006, 07:05 PM
(Mods - if this belongs in the Lounge, sorry and please feel free to move it.)

OK, this is a long shot, but here goes: Does anyone know of a CD friendly tailor or seamstress in the New York/New Jersey/Connecticut area? I can certainly start calling around, but I thought I'd check here to see if anyone had already found one. I have a big stack of clothes needing minor adjustments.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Erica

vcutenyc
06-26-2006, 07:24 PM
i think if you post an ad in Craiglist Services Wanted you could find one. There are a lot of seamstresses who advertise their service there. Just say up front you are CD and I'm sure most wouldnt have a problem with it. You're money is green like everyone elses.

tekla west
06-26-2006, 07:27 PM
I go to this little Chineese lady here in SF, but that does not help you. I think in NYC and area, you are not going to get any problems.

Jennaie
06-26-2006, 07:54 PM
Ericka, call a cd friendly clothing shop and ask who they recommend. Most likely, they will have someone they know who is great.

Good Luck.

EricaCD
06-27-2006, 01:14 PM
Thanks for some great suggestions. Craigslist was a fantastic idea. I checked for tailors, e-mailed a couple and promptly got a reply from a woman who has no problem working with a CD.

Hopefully this takes care of it. If she turns out to be reliable (and is ok with it), I will be sure to refer her to other CDs!

Thanks again to all!

Erica

linnea
06-27-2006, 02:21 PM
I'm glad that you asked this question. I would really like to find someone in Seattle or Spokane, Washington. You received helpful suggestions, so I thank your respondents too:happy: .

Phyliss
06-27-2006, 04:28 PM
This thread got me to thinking and I did some research today. There is a shop in North Hampton N.H. that I've driven by for the last 7 or 8 years and today I stopped in. In about four minutes Nora (the owner) got the drift of my questions and let me know that she has NO problems at all, and in fact has already about five or six male customers, who are CDs.
Spent about an hour with her just talking and getting to know each other.

Christina Nicole
06-27-2006, 05:58 PM
There's a few. My local seamstress just retired. :cry: There is another near Philly who not only can make modification to clothes, but she will custom design and make clothes. She's first rate, but I don't know if you want to go so far.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Rita Knight
06-27-2006, 08:08 PM
To Erica and Any Other New York Area CDs Who See This,

I have a CD friendly taylor that will do alterations and fittings in Bergen County near the George Washington Bridge.

You must call this place before going there. Do not "just show up" dressed.

I have been using this place for years. I have had all sorts of major alterations done on pants, dresses, gowns, ect.. PM me for details. I have not checked Manhattan since I live in New Jersey and more likely, the prices are higher there.

Rita Knight